Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any news on Tri-gun challenge?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haven't heard anything on round count. I do think that will be coming out soon.

I was talking with Bob yesterday and he is working onthe stages, has a meeting on it today

Edited by TRUBL

I do have some pretty good info from Bob, the RM of the Tri-Gun ans he has allowed me to post this:

Looks like there are going to be 10 stages this year and he was talking about 100 rounds for each firearm minimum (no slugs), he also cautioned me in saying that is the minimum (1 shot each at steel and frangible, 2 shots on paper). He doesn't have the COF's down 100% but is very close. I'm thinking there is going to be some tougher long range freestyle rifle shooting, so plan accordingly. I am sure once the final numbers come in, Lea will be posting that here.

And yes Brian, you will be able to use a Tomahawk :)

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

Trapr,

Actually, I do own several Paint Horses, and a Tomahawk from my old Warrior days, but I would have to borrow the leather Daisy Dukes from someone else.

I could have swore I saw Scout playing with a pair in the back of your truck while at RM3G last year. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Tri-Gun Challenge Update - 7/18/08 (The match is now officially less than a month away!)

Round Counts Are In (and I quote "they will need more - lots of steel targets"):

104 Rifle, 101 Pistol, 103 Birdshot (#6 or smaller) and 8 slugs.

For those of you that have, as of yet, not made your hotel reservations (or if you would like to consider a quieter option with a continental breakfast) I have asked the St. Cloud GrandStay to set aside a block of rooms and they have graciously offered to match the rate being offered by the match hotel. Please call 320-251-5400 and request the Tri-Gun Challenge block rate. Feel free to call me if you have any questions about the new hotel...

Competitor letters will be going out soon via email and will contain all of the information you need to know for the upcoming match... so stay tuned! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the 2008 Tri-Gun Challenge sponsored by DPMS and Brownells!

Lea L Ramthun

Advertising, Design & Public Relations

Tri-Gun Challenge Coordinator

DPMS Firearms, LLC

320-258-4448

I heard somewhere that shotguns in tac iron and tac scope will no longer need to be plugged. It will be 9 at the start and after that you are on your own, can someone substantiate that ??, I also heard open was once again going to be open as far as shotgun capacity. Any light that could be shed on this would be great. KurtM

I heard somewhere that shotguns in tac iron and tac scope will no longer need to be plugged. It will be 9 at the start and after that you are on your own, can someone substantiate that ??, I also heard open was once again going to be open as far as shotgun capacity. Any light that could be shed on this would be great. KurtM

Kurt,

I just checked the online rules, which do say 2008;

"rule 6.6.7 Tactical Shotguns may only hold 9 rounds max."

and for Open;

I read that there is no restrictions on mag length...

jj

Kurt,

I just checked the online rules, which do say 2008;

"rule 6.6.7 Tactical Shotguns may only hold 9 rounds max."

and for Open;

I read that there is no restrictions on mag length...

jj

The revised/finalized 2008 rules will hopefully be posted by the end of the week at www.trigunchallenge.com. However, this is what I have received from our Range Master, Bob Mills:

"Tactical shotguns are limited to 9 rounds in the gun at the start of a stage but can load as many as their gun will handle after the start signal. Open shotguns have no limit on the number of rounds in their gun at the start of a stage or thereafter."

Competitors letters should also be out later this week, via email, advising shooters of the basic information one needs to know before arriving at the Tri-Gun Challenge and of any changes to past policies.

Questions? Let me know....

Lea L Ramthun

Advertising, Design & Public Relations

Tri-Gun Challenge Coordinator

DPMS Firearms, LLC

320-258-4448

lear@dpmsinc.com

Thanks Lea, if it holds true that is good news on the SG, it makes plugging the gun a moot point.

I am assuming that would carry over to the HM divisions as well?

Trapr

Trapr,

Yes, this carries over in to the HM division.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about the round counts posted on the website. Are those 1 or 2 shots per paper target? If I bring double the round count is that enough for all the paper and steel? (depending on how much I miss) :)

Question about the round counts posted on the website. Are those 1 or 2 shots per paper target? If I bring double the round count is that enough for all the paper and steel? (depending on how much I miss) :)

two shots per paper one per steel

steel out to 200 yards plan accordingly

two shots per paper one per steel

steel out to 200 yards plan accordingly

Thanks

Edited by Chris

Any stage diagrams?

+1 I am starting to get my stuff put together, and I need to know what I should/shouldn't bring. Flying to my first big match. Packing ought to be interesting. :wacko:

Adios,

TG

Any stage diagrams?

+1 I am starting to get my stuff put together, and I need to know what I should/shouldn't bring. Flying to my first big match. Packing ought to be interesting. :wacko:

Adios,

TG

You can ship your rifle and pistol ammo to Lea at Tri-gun Challenge, I would get it shipped within the next two days. St. Cloud is a good size community and there are several places you can buy shotgun ammo, so you shouldn't need to ship it. Flying is no big deal just make sure you are familiar with the TSA guideline, and go through your range bags and make sure there is not loose ammo anywhere.