Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idiots at gun shows!

tpcdvc

Jim, you bring up a good point.....once at the gun show in Austin Tx, in the mid eighties a guy had a GAU-2, for what was quite a reasonable price, not including taxes and licensing, if memory serves me right $4000.00.

and there is an actual bench sitting Judge that I have purchased a few and sold a few guns to here in San Antonio, a really nice guy.

trapr

There was a time when a gentleman from Birmingham,AL would make the trip to Mobile on a regular basis. He sold reloading supplies at a great price. Primers for example were $75/5000. He carried a few VV powders and all the staples like Bullseye and Titegroup, etc. Had brass and bullets although they weren't as good a price.

He even had conversion kits and some spare parts for Dillon loaders.

He quit coming and no one seems to know why.

You don't think they took his gun show dealers membership card because he had good prices, do you? :surprise:

dj

edited because I'm a DA. Surge pointed out my blatant error. Clearly visable to everyone but ME :surprise:

dj

Edited by dajarrel

Primers for example were $75/1000.

You don't think they took his gun show dealers membership card because he had good prices, do you? :surprise:

dj

Umm... probably not :blink: .

Early mornings do this to me :surprise: not enough caffiene, i think

$75/5000 on the primers.....duh

dj

I don't understand how some of these gun show circuit guys roll into a town and expect to sell a gun when the local shops have them beat by 10-15% anyway.

At the very least they should know what the the brownells and midway prices are.. WTF $30 used 10round glock mags?

That "People at Gun Shows" thing was hilarious!

WHoever started the .45 dry fire part?

Long ago in a galaxy far away......

I was a bored out of my mind US Marine Sergeant of the guard at a facility guarding "Highly Dangerous Ord. Material"

Inside the ACC (Alarm Control Center) on night I went in to check the post of the guys in there.

One guy went out to make a head call and get something to eat so I would up taking over his post and shooting the breeze with the guy still there.

He was nervous at first but then loosened up when he realized I was a nice enough guy and wasen't out to burn him for B.S. violations.

Suddenly I heard a noise and when I turned I saw a pencil bouncing up off the table and then falling to the floor.

It had obviously fallen from somewhere so I looked up and the cieling had at least 20-30 pencils stuck in the drop ceiling.

The guy (I'll call him M.C.) then proceeded to tell(confess) me how all the pencils got there.

The 2 guys there got bored and so they entertained themselves by unloading their govt .45 pistols. They then sharpened all the NEW pencils there.

Apparently if you take a sharp pencil with a new eraser and put it into the barrel of an UNLOADED govt.45 and aim it up at the drop ceiling the force of the firing pin striking it will propell it at high enough velocity to make it stick into the cieling.

Honto Desu. Its true.

(Rule #1 for military service: Don't EVER let Marines get bored and let them have idle time .

Find something for them to do even if its counting widgets. Otherwise they will make their own entertainment with possible catastrophic consequences.)

Enter the Officer of the Day.

Lt Golden.

and (unlike me) he has NO sense of humor.

He comes into the ACC and wanders around checking the logbook, looking over stuff and I'm praying the whole time that he does not look up and see the around 50 pencils (Yes I did it too!) stuck into the ceiling and praying harder that none of them spontaneously fall out.

He lingers for a little while then announces hes going out to get something to eat and abruptly leaves the ACC slamming the door behind him.

3 or four pencils fall out of the ceiling and M.C. and I look at each other and start breathing again.

Fun times.....

JK

(Rule #1 for military service: Don't EVER let Marines get bored and let them have idle time .

Fun times.....

Brother, you said a MOUTHfull!!

[Find something for them to do even if its counting widgets. Otherwise they will make their own entertainment]

Such as strapping on a gunners belt, hooking up to an overhead hoist, and playing Peter Pan in the hanger..... SSSsshhhhhhh....

The few gun shows I attend, one is a collector's club with lots of nice old stuff to look at and the other I get there early, look for what I'm looking for and get out before the crowds..

Edited by pas44

Does anyone have Top Hat show up to sell at their shows? He's been around forrrrrrrrr ever.

Yep. I've seen Skip for years.

I worked gunshows for a few years. They are the same everywhere. I do however think that the attendees are mostly normal people. Problem is, the weirdos stand out so blatently, they wash everything out.

It was always interesting when some guy buying the gun got a delay on the NICS check, and while he was pacing in front of the dealer, got surrounded and detained by the PD for outstanding warrants. Sometimes I figured they just didn't know they had an outstanding ticket or so, but I think most the time they were punks who thought the "gunshow loophole" was real and they could buy a gun without a background check, or they were just stupid- and got to taste a gunshow table or the floor for their efforts.

Our running joke when we did at shows was that the day we started claiminging some kind of phoney spec ops past, (like so many of the other dealers did) we had drank enough coolaid and had to cease doing gun shows.

Edited by Ted Murphy