Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are Ysued, A-med, No.343 and Nemo from?

PR is beautiful!

I just got back from a mini-vacation there near Guanica...near Ponce (nemo-town). We flew into San Juan and drove to Guanica (2-3hours)...driving is a bit...interesting. There seems to be no fast lane, no slow lane...just lanes...do what you like.

This was our second trip in two years and it is addictive. We pretty much covered the whole SW corner of the island...and of course The Cabo Rojo lighthouse area...we even passed an out door range...GF said only YOU could spot such a thing in paradise...I'll try to get a couple pics up.

Of course the local were complaining about the cold weather...70+...it was 15 at home...loved it.

The first time I was there was a long time ago at the former Roosevelt Roads Naval Station on the Eastern end of the island. I thought the place was great! It was mid summer and I experienced my first bad tropical sunburn there!. I had suncreen on except for a small part of my mid-back. I went skin diving off the end of runway 24 for about 2-3 hours and wound up with this ~4" diameter welt that felt like someone took a soldering iron to it. The water was crystal clear (at least it was that day). Muy Bueno!

Despues,

Carlos

PR is beautiful!

I just got back from a mini-vacation there near Guanica...near Ponce (nemo-town). We flew into San Juan and drove to Guanica (2-3hours)...driving is a bit...interesting. There seems to be no fast lane, no slow lane...just lanes...do what you like.

This was our second trip in two years and it is addictive. We pretty much covered the whole SW corner of the island...and of course The Cabo Rojo lighthouse area...we even passed an out door range...GF said only YOU could spot such a thing in paradise...I'll try to get a couple pics up.

Of course the local were complaining about the cold weather...70+...it was 15 at home...loved it.

Yes, sir! Ponce is NEMO-TOWN!! I like that!

SW PR is my favorite part of the Island! :D Glad you got to enjoy it!

The first time I took my Irish-Polish wife to PR the one thing that she was most struck by was the complete absence of racial tension. She grew up in a very segregated area of the midwest. In Puerto Rico there are no black people, or white people or brown people on the island. Everybody is just Puerto Rican and happy to meet you. Great place.

Thanks for the video Nemo.

Angel

Not only is Puerto Rico the home of such famous (or is it infamous) celebrities like Nemo, it is also the home of Condom World. I love their motto - "We protect the universe." :bow:

Edited by XD Niner

Looks like a wonderful place. I have a question for the natives though. Since Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, do you need a passport to get into the U.S.? Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, right? I've never know how the whole system works for those countries like the U.S. Virgin Islands or (I think) Guam or American Samoa or Puerto Rico. Weird question I know but I've always wondered.

Looks like a wonderful place. I have a question for the natives though. Since Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, do you need a passport to get into the U.S.? Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, right? I've never know how the whole system works for those countries like the U.S. Virgin Islands or (I think) Guam or American Samoa or Puerto Rico. Weird question I know but I've always wondered.

No Passport required.

Angel

I remember seeing a commercial several years ago with Raul Julia I think and I thought how beautiful the place looked.

At the time, I use to scuba dive & play golf so it seemed like a good fit. :) Someday I go there.

The land of nemo. Hope it doesn't make you homesick.

2uhuz2u.jpg

6z60c5.jpg

r9kild.jpg

And what we left.

hw9wug.jpg

PR is a beautiful place. I hope to go back for much more.

+1 on the DonQ

JQ

Doesn't make me homesick. We're going in two weeks. First one look like Guanica or La Parguera. Second one is the Cabo Rojo lighthouse and, although it looks a lot like the church at La Parguera, I'm not sure where it is. Where is it?

Glad you liked the DonQ, Jax!