Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vote!= for Olympic Hall of Fame

Hey ! I got an Email from a friend "Lones Wigger" good guy , shot Shoot with him at Sportsman's Team Challenge for over 15 years. He still shoots & helps with events, host a regional event in Raton.

Any way the Olympic committee is going on the popularity contest to decide how should be in the hall of fame.

It would be great if we could send a message and get an Olympic Gold medalist in the hall of fame.

,-Please- Jamie

http://www.usolympichalloffame.com/

Edited by Flexmoney
to fix link

Alamoshooter,

Thanks so much for posting this. I was honored to be a teammate at the USAMU of Ltc Lones Wigger from 1985 until his retirement. I am lucky enough to have had him select me to join the International Rifle team then, for what ended up being over 7 years of my Army career. He is a great guy and really a great representative for all shooting sports.

He was the best international rifle shooter in the world for 15 or so years, much less the best U.S. shooter or Olympic Shooter of his time.

Wait until Lanny Bassham come up for the Hall of Fame, too.

Mark

I got some extra Info from my friend Ron Weaver, Lones has three Olympic medals two gold and one silver. 13 Pan-America gold medals, 5 sliver,

Has 29 World records in international competition

Wigger is a two-tour Vietnam Veteran with 25 years on active duty.

And I found out that we can vote once a day = so "Vote early and Vote Often"

Edited by AlamoShooter

Lones has three Olympic medals two gold and one silver. 13 Pan-America gold medals, 5 sliver, Has 29 World records in international competition . . . Wigger is a two-tour Vietnam Veteran with 25 years on active duty.

And I found out that we can vote once a day = so "Vote early and Vote Often"

I'm voting once a day from every computer I have access to and have added a link to our home page in the hopes of getting others to do the same. Lones is a great guy. A true ambassador for the shooting sports and a champion.

Its not letting me vote more than one time :unsure:

Jamie, it lets me vote exactly 24 hours after the last time I voted. Try deleting your cookies.

Huuummm, Cookies.

+1 on the cookies

Its not letting me vote more than one time :unsure:

Jamie, it lets me vote exactly 24 hours after the last time I voted. Try deleting your cookies.

Huuummm, Cookies.

+1 on the cookies

Thanks... Yes it hurts being Me :blush:

Don't know much about deleting cookies but I've been able to vote 3 times so far.

Jamie - hate that I had to miss your Steel Match yesterday, did you have a pretty good turnout?

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad this got a BTT. I admit my short attention span let this slip from view. How about a renewed voting surge.

Voting continues through Friday, March 28th.

Edited by Steve J

in 2005 I had the pleasure of working the small bore scoring shack at Camp Perry with Lonnes and his wife. Great People. He worked a couple of days and then he went our and either shot or coached others. I can't remember which.

I saw him at the SHOT SHOW this year as well. He looks to be in great health and is still involved in the shooting sports.

• 4 weeks later...

Good News, I just got this email from the Military Marksmanship Association:

MMA Members:

The MMA congratulates Lones Wigger for his election into the USOC Hall of Fame.

The below message is from Lones.

--

Regards,

Laurence "Red" Mosely,

MMA Secretary and Webmaster

webmaster@militarymarksmanship.org

www.militarymarksmanship.org

To Everyone:

I just want to thank all of you for your votes, words and support for my recent election to the USOC Hall of Fame. I was told that I had the second most popular votes and it is all due to you and those you sent emails to. I didn't think it would be possible to be selected since it is mostly a popularity and name recognition contest. I guess you should never under estimate the gun community. It is a great honor to be selected and have the shooting sport receive the recognition it deserves. Hopefully this will open the door for others who deserve the recognition. Again, thanks for the support.

Lones