Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting prone with moon clip holders

tzahoy

Okay, in particular I'm interested to hear from you North Mountain users, but this is probably of equal interest to anyone who uses moon clips. I see Jerry runs his moon clip holders in front of his belly, and that's what I've been practicing with as well. What do you do if you've got a stage with a prone shot? I can't lie down on top of my moon clip holders with any kind of comfort or stability. Do you move them to the side for that stage? Any other ideas? maybe I need more padding ;-)

Okay, in particular I'm interested to hear from you North Mountain users, but this is probably of equal interest to anyone who uses moon clips. I see Jerry runs his moon clip holders in front of his belly, and that's what I've been practicing with as well. What do you do if you've got a stage with a prone shot? I can't lie down on top of my moon clip holders with any kind of comfort or stability. Do you move them to the side for that stage? Any other ideas? maybe I need more padding ;-)

I believe that this is actually forbiden in the rule book. I don't have mine in front of me but remember reading where gear cannont be moved during a match. Probably not enforced much.

JM and I went prone on our Speed-e-Racks at least once at the '07 LPR Nats, actually I had both a NM and a parital Speed-e-Rack configuration. Carmoney and Cliff did it with North Mountain Carriers, ask Cliff about it sometime. Except for Cliff I don't think it caused any big problem. And his problem wasn't during the course.

Of course it was at the end of the course and we had a several inches of water and a nice, deep, sloshy, squishy pit of soaked wood chips and goo to land in.

I've done it several times and the only problem I've had was loosing one on getting up. The thinner clips, like for a M29 in .44, might get bent if you land too hard.

Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and take your bruises!

I didn't have a problem either of the times I did it on a concrete floor at an indoor match in Minot the other month with my North Mountain holder. I wouldn't really recommend doing a big bellyflop with it or anything but i thought it was just fine and I didn't have any problems w/ loosing any clips or anything...

typically you don't go prone till the end of a stage, although at the last years area 2 we started in a prone position, knife in hand, gun in front of us. if you can time it right, you should be able to use all the moonclips from the front of the belt and have no clips to worry about when you do hit the ground. For the IRC's far and near standard, you start at the 50 yard line and only need 6 shots, so you dont have to load up the holders till advance to the 25 yard line. In Bianchi you finish at the 50 and only need 2 moonclips at each line, so its just a case of loading with one clip and place the other in your holder that most revo shooters carry behind their gun.

I had to shoot and do one reload in prone position at a stage (four paper and one steel), so I held a moon clip on my left hand "little" finger during the shooting and that was a really fast way to do a reload.

But after cleaning my moon clip holders from the sand after the stage was shot, I decided to move my holders towards the left side where I usually have the magazine holder when shooting Limited or Production with my "bottomfedeer". My left hand goes there first during reloads anyway... <_<

Now I have one four pin holder made by Whizz in the same position. I don't think it makes my reloads slower at all.

Watch out Carmoney I'm comin' to the IA Sectional with a M29.... "Make my day, Punk!"

Dave, I'm not sure we would allow one of those things on the range, seeing as it's the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off.

Watch out Carmoney I'm comin' to the IA Sectional with a M29.... "Make my day, Punk!"

Dave, I'm not sure we would allow one of those things on the range, seeing as it's the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off.

I wouldn't lose much then! :surprise:

I'm serious about bringing the .44. Once I get this Limited spray and pray stuff out of my system at the Double Tap. I'm squadded with Jack Graham, high M Revo, hope he doesn't disgrace me by shooting Revo there.

I promise not to damage any range props with the mighty blast of my .44!

I have had NO problems shooting prone with my moon clip holders (I still use Cali Comps) I did use Blade-techs but have since switched back to Cali Comps.

Dave, you have some pretty good shooters in your squad. I'll see you there(I'm in squad 21)

Hopalong

I have had NO problems shooting prone with my moon clip holders (I still use Cali Comps) I did use Blade-techs but have since switched back to Cali Comps.

Dave, you have some pretty good shooters in your squad. I'll see you there(I'm in squad 21)

Hopalong

Benny built my Limited Blaster and I've been friends with Bill Gee since the early '80's. We'll have to all get together.

Dave