Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 rd. 9 mm magazines for 1911 ?

Gentr Babak

I just got two of the Tripp mags. First time I used them they were going to slide lock at 9 rounds. A little tweaking of the followers and they are now 100%. I wonder if this is a collabrative effort between Tripp and Metalform. Mags look like my 9 round Metalform mags but have Tripp base plates. The Tripp mags are in the $33 each range at quantities of one and two where the Metalforms don't approach that price until you buy 7.

Keith

I JUST RECIEVED 3 9MM MAGS FROM TRIPP YESTERDAY. I HAVEN'T RAN THEM THROUGH THE GUN YET BUT THE QUALITY LOOKS OUTSTANDING. TRIPP IS AWARE OF SOME GUNS LOCKING OPEN ON THE 9TH ROUND. THEY PUT A FLYER IN THE BOX ADVISING IF IT HAPPENS TO CONTACT THEM AND THEY WILL REPLACE A PART AT NO CHARGE.

I tried the Tripp 10 round mags in my Caspian 9mm. The slide would lock back before the 10th round. Tried the same mags in a buddie's Springfield 9mm. Shot like a charm. No hang ups or malfunctions after 200 rounds. I called Tripp concerning the my Caspian. They are sending me three different followers to try.