Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Source for 9mm brass?

Suburban Commando

My supply of once fired brass is getting real low. One of the local ranges sells 1000/$10, but the last few times I was in, they didn't have any.

There used to be good deals on eBay, but I guess they've banned just about anything firearm related. Gunbroker deals seem to be limited to overpriced, or pig-in-a-poke buckets o' brass.

So what are some good places to get 9mm brass at reasonable prices?

I used to get all the 9mm brass I needed from the local Police range, I was paying $1 per K better than scrap, but the local scrap dealer has pushed me out by upping his price if he gets it all. I sell 50K per month and this hurts the bottom line some. With that and the general rise in the price of scrap the retail on 9mm 1x fired is double what it was this time last year.

The worst part was my money went to the Officers Social fund, the scrap dealer pays the head office and the money evaporates into the genral account. The officers are not happy about that at all. I hope they park a speed camera outside his house for a good long while.

Edited by gm iprod

I recently got some 38spl from Powder Valley and it was the cleanest used brass I've ever gotten (I can't speak for the 9mm). Current price for 9mm is $28 plus SH (about $9 flat rate box which I think will hold about 3K).

Edited by Graham Smith

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the responses.

I think maybe I'll just step up the scrounging, but I'll keep Seminole Brass and Bullet in mind if I need to buy.

I think the local shop stopped selling 9mm brass to reloaders, and is scrapping all but the headstamps that they can gouge people on.

Edited by Suburban Commando

Hello Brassmansales.com and I am in the dealer forum here also.

Thanks Brian

I just received a box of 9mm brass from Brian and it looks like good stuff. Just look in the Dealer Forum.

+1. Received mine last week, brass looks great and was already cleaned! Thanks Brian, definately will get more of my business.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a bag from Powder Valley a few weeks ago. It was mostly Winchester, Remington, and Federal. There were a few Speer and Fiocchi and even fewer that had to be chunked. I'll probably buy from them again when this batch is gone.

Boy am I glad that I purchased 50 gallons of once fired indoor range brass about 4 years ago. I still have 35 gallons unsorted sitting in the basement. It's kinda like a box of chocolates. :D

I bought 10 - 5 gal buckets for $10 each. This stuff is like gold now.

Just wish I would have bought more bullets a couple years back :angry:

And to think that everyone at the range made fun of me for sweeping up all their 9mm brass that they were just throwing away. Had one shooter, after I asked him if he was saving his brass say "why, it's only 9mm". I now have about 6k pieces that should keep me for a while.

:lol::lol: