Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Bay Area Rifle Championship

Howdy All,

After a slow start we have finally managed to get the date set and plans in place for the 2008 Bay Area Rifle Championship.

$60 for pre-registration, $75 after March 31st. USPSA Rules, 8 Stages, 200+ Rounds, Semi-Auto & Manual Divisions, Special Category Recognitions (LEO, Military, Sporting Rifle, Etc...).

More info can be found here: http://www.3gunrules.com/barc_main.php

The round count is up, the awards are going deeper in count (Plaques), the competitor gift bags will be well stuffed and the shooting will be even more challenging than last year ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all there with your favorite smokepoles.

We were just talking about this. Thought you might be too busy racing motorcycles to put one on.

I'll see you there.

Thanks,

Gary

Howdy All,

After a slow start we have finally managed to get the date set and plans in place for the 2008 Bay Area Rifle Championship.

$60 for pre-registration, $75 after March 31st. USPSA Rules, 8 Stages, 200+ Rounds, Semi-Auto & Manual Divisions, Special Category Recognitions (LEO, Military, Sporting Rifle, Etc...).

More info can be found here: http://www.3gunrules.com/barc_main.php

The round count is up, the awards are going deeper in count (Plaques), the competitor gift bags will be well stuffed and the shooting will be even more challenging than last year ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all there with your favorite smokepoles.

Any run and gun stages planned this year?

We had 3 RNG stages last year and plan on 4 of them this year with round counts hitting 40+ on a couple of them.

Thought you might be too busy racing motorcycles to put one on.

That is my biggest focus these days, but the BARC slowdown is mostly due to work being gangbusters and having had a lot of personal tragedy happen in the last month of 2007. I am back on track now and putting it all together as fast as I can ;)

Thanks for being patient. I guarantee an even better match this year in every way possible :-)

Might have to bust out my M-1 Garand again...........For those that have a Garand and are thinking about it....Do it........This match is that fun with the M-1.

hey ron...put yer acog on the garand! that would be kewl.

george, hopefully this won't be a bullseye rifle match

Sorry, we weren't able to take that into account this year as the big consideration was a number of local club bookings and the 13th is what fit best in the end.

Will be sure to stay away from anything 3gun/Multigun in the entire western region next year so everyone can make it.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, lotsa' updates folks.

BrainEnos.com has been recruited as the 2008 BARC match sponsor. Brian will be providing all the products on the competitor gift table that everyone gets a pull from at sign-in on match day (our version of the good ole' prize table, just done before the match).

Plaques and specialty awards will be handed out for each division and category recognized. We will be going deeper than ever this year with the awards :-)

We are approaching 2/3 full at 5 weeks out from the match so if you were thinking of going, get your registration in soon as we are capping this one out at 60 competitors.

http://www.3gunrules.com/barc_registration.php

Stage designs are just about done and will be posted by end of next week.

Round count will easily exceed 200 and 30+ of these will be LD shots requiring a specific degree of skill to make! ;)

I look forward to seeing you all there.

OK, I finished processing a large batch of entries tonight and we have just over 15 slots left now. If you are looking at shooting this match you should get your entry in as soon as possible. Also, keep in mind that match fee goes up to $75 after the end of March so that's another plus for jumping in quick :-)

Stages are almost done and will be posted later this week. Round count is over 200 fer' sure and the shooting is going to be as fun and challenging as ever. Lotsa' fast=n-furious and lotsa' precision too, we got both coach! LOL

The competitor gift table will be loaded down with goodies for everyone to pick from at sign-in and the competitor bags will all contain a match Tee shirt and hat along with a chamber flag. The shirts and hats are really, really nice this year and you will be very pleased with them. Lo-profile all cloth embroidered hats and 100% cotton silk-screened long-sleeve "Rifleman" style Tee shirts. The hats are dark khaki style green and the shirts are a light stonewashed green and they look sharp. Extra Tee shirts and hats will be available in very limited quantity at sign-in on the day of the match.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Everyone,

Stage descriptions have just been posted:

http://www.3gunrules.com/documents/match-a...info/2008-BARC/

Final shoot testing and prop construction starts this week. Next week I take a vacation and work my butt off ;)

Gonna' have a good match for ya' all this year.

BTW, been working on starting up a motor-sports oriented on-board video biz recently and will be shooting the match with a Rifle-Cam on-board video system for some kicks and grins! Gonna' test it this week and maybe post a clip. I am thinking our Mini DVR system could be a good shooter-cam system too.

Axial Video Systems

• 2 weeks later...

Match Schedule as follows:

Sign-in from 7:30-8:45am

Competition starts at 9am

Lunch break 12pm-1pm

Competition 1pm-3:30pm

Results 4-4:30pm

We have about 5 slots left if anyone is interested in getting in at the last minute. Show up around 8:am and we can get you in on match day.

Squad lists and some final match stats will be posted later this evening.

Man what a great match! I scored it and watched several of the top shooters go one way then go another. There was a pretty good matchup between two of the Iron sighted shooters and when it was all done, they were within 5% of each other. The match winner was also a surprise, he didn't stay for the end of the match results, but all I can say is way to go on what I think might be your first match win! He'll of course find out soon enough ;) Thanks to Geoff for putting on another fantastic match and Thank you to Brian for being match sponsor!

Howdy Everyone,

Thanks to all the competitors who came out and made it such a great match :-)

A big thanks to Brian Enos for helping us make this a match that gave back big to the competitors.

Results have been uploaded to USPSA and are now available: 2008 BARC Results

They will be posted on Area 1 in complete form within a couple days. If you did not stay for awards and won anything, we will be mailing it out within the next week.

Some great match photos by Troy Engel here: 2008 BARC Images

I would also like to especially the hard-working match staff without whom this match would not have gotten onto the ground!

Tom Frenkel: Rangemaster

Vince Sargentini: Stats

Todd Crow: Stage CRO

Stephen Bellingham: Stage CRO

Michael Sousa: Stage CRO

Jim Griffin: Stage CRO

Chris Sechiatano: Stage CRO

And a special thanks to my wife Robin who did a large amount of the behind the scenes work putting together all the match goodies and handling the scoresheets and competitor labels for me when I ran out of steam.

Regards,

Had a blast and I'm already looking forward to next year's match :)

A big thanks to all the people involved in arranging the match and a big congrats to all winners!

Edited by gose