Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadows

Rocket35

The funny thing is- it is my daughter's birthday today. We used to make some funny comments about her going back in her hole when she was delivered, if she saw her shadow. :P So in 1995 she must not have seen it... :mellow:

Edited by Rocket35

Seems to me a half-way decent varmit rifle or a good ferret could take care of that problem.

Since they have to reach into the "hole" and drag the poor guy out to see his shadow (or not) I always figured it would be "interesting" to trade the ground hog for a badger. Bet they won't be quite so willing to pull the poor thing out next year!

I'm getting a bit tired of the whole 'winter thing'. It's cold and damp in Colorado at the moment and no sign of warm weather on the horizon. In fact I can't even see the horizon today, it's shrouded in low level cloud. I suspect another big snow fall is on the way and another weekend without shooting <_<.

I'm going to have to break out the gun tonight and do some dry-fire otherwise I will be completely rusty by the time the 60 degree weather gets here.

The funny thing is- it is my daughter's birthday today. We used to make some funny comments about her going back in her hole when she was delivered, if she saw her shadow. :P So in 1995 she must not have seen it... :mellow:

Today is my first grandchild's birthday! Congratulations to you and to my daughter and son-in-law!

"I live in Florida, winter, summer, who cares..."
Oh, so that's his problem. Well, that explains a lot. :rolleyes:

I like the badger idea. That'd put a quick end to an absurd tradition... one that never seems to promise us anything more than extended weather misery anyway! Why keep hitting ourselves over the head with hammers?!??! <_<

Weather...? Nothing but cold-n-wet here. Dismal. Tiresome. Freakin' awful, if you really want to know. No, this is NOT a "dry" cold in the least. Gakkk..... :angry2: