Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Area 8 Multi Gun Championship

OH Boy!

I just got in my G34 and found out the wife will be out of town that weekend. i live about 2 hours away and want to know if there is still room for a novice to get in? I haven't done any competitive shooting since 02 when i was a C L-10. I have some tactical experience and would like to bring my AR with Aimpoint & Mossberg 590 to finish the round up. Any luck Alan? I'll come up to watch either way, but would like to get my first 3 gun experience. Thanks for comments!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH Boy!

I just got in my G34 and found out the wife will be out of town that weekend. i live about 2 hours away and want to know if there is still room for a novice to get in? I haven't done any competitive shooting since 02 when i was a C L-10. I have some tactical experience and would like to bring my AR with Aimpoint & Mossberg 590 to finish the round up. Any luck Alan? I'll come up to watch either way, but would like to get my first 3 gun experience. Thanks for comments!

I need to process some apps and cancellations. I will drop you a pm tomorrow at the latest.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the match. Thanks to all that made it possible. Besides the rain delay, the match ran very smoothly.

Being able to bring three guns to a match and use them in combination in a course of fire is a ton of fun.

Some of the RO's deemed a broken clay as one pellet making a clear hole through the claybird. That's pretty difficult when it hits the edge chipping it where the clay is the thickest. The RM made the correct call when this happened. The system worked.

USPSA Shotgun Competition Rules

January 2008 Revised March 26, 2008

4.4 Frangible Targets

4.4.1 Frangible targets, such as clay pigeons or tiles, may be used in USPSA

Shotgun matches.

4.4.1.1 Frangible targets must break with a visible piece missing or separated

from the original target to be counted for score.

It was a great match and I had a ton-o-fun. Even though my shotgun slugs stage killed me I did pretty well on the 200yd rifle stage.

Thanks for putting this match together everyone!

Robbslugs.jpg

RobbArea8rifle3.jpg

robbriflestage5.jpg

The RO's did an excellent job of getting everyone through the match and still I never felt rushed. The stages were really challenging and had the potential to be time consuming but the RO's really rose to the occasion.

It was a very good 3-gun match! and as I said earlier it tought the stages were very good. A couple of things I would suggest would be more that one porta-john, a few more gun handling tables, and a few more gun racks.

Once again, great match and thanks Alan for your leadership.

Albert Pilkington

Some of the RO's deemed a broken clay as one pellet making a clear hole through the claybird. That's pretty difficult when it hits the edge chipping it where the clay is the thickest. The RM made the correct call when this happened. The system worked.

I was CRO on that stage and i scored that target a miss.

Walkthrough indicated one hole in the bird to score. I advised the shooter to appeal and called the RM. I'm glad he won.

I was CRO on that stage and i scored that target a miss.

Walkthrough indicated one hole in the bird to score. I advised the shooter to appeal and called the RM. I'm glad he won.

I meant no disrespect. All the RO's were super awesome and super nice including yourself. Please don't take the comments personally. I just mentioned it and provided the rule so that anyone else that comes across the same situation will know. Thank you for the advise to appeal and your personal time you gave up to allow others to enjoy an awesome match.

Edited by ddjm

It was a very good match. I had a good time, even though I had a crappy match. Shotgun issues bit my butt, and on the long range stage, my rifle decided it didn't want to extract :angry2: On several stages, I had Richard Davis's little song going through my head......Second Chance shooters know what I'm talking about! :roflol:

I want to thank those that made the match possible. It was a real pleasure to meet new people, and run into some folks from the old days. I plan shooting the 2nd annual Area 8 Multigun.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

glad everyone had a good time. Overall it was fun to be on the range working with you guys.

Bob.

Thanks for coming out Saturday and ro'ing with Lew on Stage 4. (For everyone Bob and a couple of others worked and did not shoot the match) Thanks to them as well!!

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

I personally want to thank all the great shooters who came out to the A8MGC, the sponsors, and especially my staff. Prior to this match I had never even been to a multi-gun match, so I expected it to be very challenging to be Match Director. Excellent ROs and a nice group of competitors made it a pleasure. I hope to see you all on the range again somewhere.

2008 A8MGC Match Director

Howard C. Thompson

I want to extend my thanks to all who came out and supported this match.

Howard Thompson (MD) and Dean DeTurk (RM), This match could have never happened without either of you. Thanks to both of you.

To all of the RO Staff, I tried to thank all of you personally before we all left on Sat but some of you got away before I could. Thanks and i owe some of you a handshake for your dedication and professionalism, you guys were the final wheel in making the match happen.

To all of the competitors that came out, thanks for coming out and making the Inaugural Area 8 Multigun Championship a great match. We admittedly pushed some limitations and threw some challenging courses at you and all of you attacked them with the gusto that USPSA competitors are known for.

To all of the Sponsors, thanks for your support. I appreciate all that the sponsors did for our Inaugural match. Larue Tactical, Smith and Wesson, DPMS, Brownells, EGW, MGM Targets, Otis Technology, Lancer Systems, Safariland, Rugged Gear, STI.

Alan Meek

USPSA

Director Area 8

For the many that did not shoot this match, you missed a "bullet party". I did not shoot this match but was there just for fun. And I was really surprised how well the squads flowed thru the large stages, there was little to no back up.

But checking some of my friends scores I noticed Stage 1 (Pistol & Rifle) that there was a high number of "AP" (Additional penalty). Can someone explain what they were for? This stage had 20 paper (rifle) and 32 steel (pistol) targets. I noticed that just about all shooter received AP's on this stage.

For the many that did not shoot this match, you missed a "bullet party". I did not shoot this match but was there just for fun. And I was really surprised how well the squads flowed thru the large stages, there was little to no back up.

But checking some of my friends scores I noticed Stage 1 (Pistol & Rifle) that there was a high number of "AP" (Additional penalty). Can someone explain what they were for? This stage had 20 paper (rifle) and 32 steel (pistol) targets. I noticed that just about all shooter received AP's on this stage.

It's for the Angelo scoring to factor in non A hits with a Minor power factor rifle.

Rob gives a brief answer.

USPSA's scoring program currently does not have a way to score guns used on a stage that are differenet power factors. This is usually a rifle that is minor PF. Shotguns are recognized as Major, Rifle and Pistol can be either Major or Minor. THe Additional Penalties is a way to score the Minor PF gun on a stage with a Major PF gun.

So in a multigun event we use the Pistol Scoring Program and use a couple of workarounds. All competitors are set to Major PF and we use the San Angelo Scoring Syetem to adjust any firearm that is minor PF.

Alan

I thought the match was great. Thanks everyone for your hard work in making this happen. The jungle weather got to me by the end of the day but nothing we can do about that.

Thanks guys.

CWT- I think we met on Rifle only when someone lost their pistol.

Alan & Howard- Thanks so much. Great match.

This was my first 3 gun & i'm a junky now. I'm a C L-10 guy but thought every stage was very reasonable. The slug stage & rifle only were great at seperating those who practice & sight-in from those who don't. I took away many lessons (see the my shooting log). I couldn't believe i only needed 15 slugs for that stage and only missed two rifle shots at 200 yds (using Aimpoint).

I met lots of new people and hope to see them all at more local shoots...

CWT- I think we met on Rifle only when someone lost their pistol.

Safenate you sure did meet me at that stage. But I took notice of you during one of the early shotgun stages. Mossberg 590 you just got to love that gun!!!

And that shooter did not "lose" his gun ......he just miss placed it for a very short time :unsure:

• 5 months later...