Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first attempt at "Carmonizing" a hammer.

vrmn1

Does this work with MIM hammers too? Any special tricks?

Dave Sinko

Here is a MIM hammer. Just don't go too thin in the middle, someone posted a picture of a hammer that broke in the middle.

Hammer.jpg

Edited by Gregg K

Does this work with MIM hammers too? Any special tricks?

Dave Sinko

Here is a MIM hammer. Just don't go too thin in the middle, someone posted a picture of a hammer that broke in the middle.

Hammer.jpg

Detail photo shows superb craftsmanship. :cheers:

Your photo reminds me a lot of this one:

Darn, I thought that the idea came to me in a dream. Looks like I'll have to confess that you were the inspiration.

:cheers:

I guess that makes my gun one of your children in a way. :lol:

I need to give mine a bath, the picture shows off all it's dirt and grime.

A 10mm that was done for me in the early 90s;

SW610-10MM.jpg

NO --- I don't meen the 1890s either ------- old I am , Ancient I'm NOT :lol:

After a 10+ year lay off from IPSC --- I started to shoot again last month --- I even went and updated my 610 with a Fiber Optic front sight -- what will THEY think of next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DaBird

The future ??? Maybe one of those big, extended , mud-flap type thingies that you can open the cyld. faster ??? Seen some of those as big as a hub-cap from a 57 Chevy !!! They still make hub-caps for horseless carriegies ????

I need to give mine a bath, the picture shows off all it's dirt and grime.

Hell look at mine, it looks like I have never cleaned it which would be close to the truth. :goof:

I clean what needs cleaning.

Nicely done job. How far down can you crank the trigger pull compared to what it was before?

A Regular hammer weighs 452grns while an Apex Hammer weighs 333 grains. Both weights incluse the all parts and pins for the main spring.

Nicely done job. How far down can you crank the trigger pull compared to what it was before?

A Regular hammer weighs 452grns while an Apex Hammer weighs 333 grains. Both weights incluse the all parts and pins for the main spring.

I was able to drop the pull a full pound.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually "Carmonized" my 1917 hammer tonight. It really feels good to hacksaw and grind away on those parts...

HACKSAW? In order to qualify as being "Carmonized" it must be done with a Dremel :cheers:

Technically, boys, a hammer is only Carmonized if it's been done by Carmoney's Dremel!!

That make's mine "counterfeits". They're shaped slightly differently than Mike's but are similar. They are based on a picture of Mike's. I had had been cutting mine down but not as much.