Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My $.02

Single Stacks ROCK!!! Just started shooting my Limited gun, got about 1000 rounds through it in the last couple weeks, and I'll tell ya, reloads are like cheating, till your untuned mag sticks. :angry2: Limited was definately more pricey to get into, but practicing is sure diferent when you can carry 97 rounds on your belt. ;)

As for shooting, I still prefer the SS for my sausage fingers, short and fat, so I'd have to say if I had to pick I'd stay with a SS. Also it seems like wide bodies tend to take a bit more tuning to run right.

As for the competition umm the guy that won L10 last year was using a SS, what was his name again? give ya hint TGO.

But the best part of this whole thing is you don't really have to choose, one to start, the other for later.

Jason

If you want any chance to be a plank owner in the new 1911 Elitist Snob club, you wouldn't be asking this question. :wacko:

Good Point!!!

Both platforms are wonderful.

You can't really go wrong which ever you choose.

Here are my thoughts:

If you are a hoser and just like to mindlessly shoot with a minimal plan, relatively speaking of course, go for the wide-body and hoe away. No real need to practice reloads as only ONE per stage is required.

If you are more cerebral and accuracy driven, then Single Stack might be a better choice. Single stack, with ONLY 8 rounds requires a nearly Virginia Count mentality, otherwise you are making static reloads all the time. Reloads require lots of practice to be proficient. All in all, it is a much more disciplined Division/choice

NO matter what you choose, have fun!!!

I have been oogleing guns lately. I as many of you know am currently a BHP shooter. What I want to know is what is your take on the pros and cons of the 1911 and 2011 platforms, wide guns vs. skinny? I sure like the way the skinny guns feel and see them all over the place for sale. But those wide bodies seem cool. Now that there is a division for those skinnies, seems awfully inviting to shoot SS.Also, whose do you prfer in the skinny and wide platform?

You answers and input are appreciated, JZ

Well, another consideration is the fact that JimmyZip lives in the state of California and will be limited to 10 rounds regardless.

Just a little fact that I don't think has been mentioned in any of the replies.

-Chet

I have been oogleing guns lately. I as many of you know am currently a BHP shooter. What I want to know is what is your take on the pros and cons of the 1911 and 2011 platforms, wide guns vs. skinny? I sure like the way the skinny guns feel and see them all over the place for sale. But those wide bodies seem cool. Now that there is a division for those skinnies, seems awfully inviting to shoot SS.Also, whose do you prfer in the skinny and wide platform?

You answers and input are appreciated, JZ

Well, another consideration is the fact that JimmyZip lives in the state of California and will be limited to 10 rounds regardless.

Just a little fact that I don't think has been mentioned in any of the replies.

-Chet

Didnt think it was relevant to ANY of the discussion so far.