1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the price that some of these "custom" 1911s go for. I mean for that sume of money your talking top tier open gun that has a lot more going on than that. I can't see how they put more time into than a open gun? Hey thats just me, worst case option for me is having a new top end fitted to my springer and I'm happy!

:popcorn:

...there are some great smiths right here that are better in my opinion, but not as commercial outside of the competitive shooting community.

I am not going to name any names so as not to show any favoritism, check out the dealer forum.

I'm sure of that but in this case I'm thinking like Steel said - brand recognition, great product but certainly not THE best.

...there are some great smiths right here that are better in my opinion, but not as commercial outside of the competitive shooting community.

I am not going to name any names so as not to show any favoritism, check out the dealer forum.

I'm sure of that but in this case I'm thinking like Steel said - brand recognition, great product but certainly not THE best.

I think if you handle for example a Bedell built Single Stack and then handle a nightwhawk you might wonder where all your money went to. That is just me as I've never handled a nighthawk but I have handled a Baer and wasn't really impressed. I have shot a super trick single stack built by the guy that built my 2 limited guns and its freaking nuts how tight it is, how accurate it is, howmuch inovative stuff it has on it and you would die if shot it and couldn't have it...I about did lol.

ETA:

its whats for breakfast!

Edited by steel1212

I think if you handle for example a Bedell built Single Stack and then handle a nightwhawk you might wonder where all your money went to. That is just me as I've never handled a nighthawk but I have handled a Baer and wasn't really impressed. I have shot a super trick single stack built by the guy that built my 2 limited guns and its freaking nuts how tight it is, how accurate it is, howmuch inovative stuff it has on it and you would die if shot it and couldn't have it...I about did lol.

+100

There is a night and day difference

I'm sure there is a big difference in build...no doubt. But there is a big difference in cost, time and...they wouldn't meet the minimum produced to shoot in SS class...or am I wrong on them requiring a certain number to be made per year to be allowed?

this isn't meant to be the "end all be all" 1911...that will come later. I'm wanting to stay <$2k so I'm not (trying not) to look at new ones, but slightly used...unless you've got a Brazos or Bedell in my price range...

Oh...z, I think you have some popcorn in your teeth... :devil:

I'm sure there is a big difference in build...no doubt. But there is a big difference in cost, time and...they wouldn't meet the minimum produced to shoot in SS class...or am I wrong on them requiring a certain number to be made per year to be allowed?

this isn't meant to be the "end all be all" 1911...that will come later. I'm wanting to stay <$2k so I'm not (trying not) to look at new ones, but slightly used...unless you've got a Brazos or Bedell in my price range...

Oh...z, I think you have some popcorn in your teeth... :devil:

hk

The smiths on the forum, ok, I will list a few ( Bedell, Triangle Shooting Sports, Millennium Custom ) use frames/slides that meet the 500 produced criteria, so they are legal in SS Division.

I just like to support the local, i.e. forum guys, and they are better more accurate/reliable too

I just like to support the local, i.e. forum guys, and they are better more accurate/reliable too

I have no problems with (and encourage) supporting those who support the sport but let's not spread opinion (BS)as fact. The major semi custom 1911 manufacturers are all well built, reliable, and accurate. There are always examples of QC issues with both semi custom manufacturers and semi custom assemblers/builders.

My 2 cents.

Dave

Edited to add: My point is when someone asks about good 1911s, let us give facts when possible to help them with their choice. To imply that Wilson/Brown/Baer/etc are unreliable and inaccurate isn't true. Should we, if possible, support Bedell,Triangle, etc?-you bet!

Edited by Airedale

Hello all members of the SNOB I am hearby asking for acceptance:

Competed in my last match September of 2007

Hoping i did the pics dial up friendly. It's just a Kimber Pro Elite, which even though its a Kimber they only made 2500 of them in 1999. It's my dual purpose weapon.

Kevin

:blizzard:

post-9635-1211666271.jpg

post-9635-1211666353.jpg

Edited by sskp1

Hoping i did the pics dial up friendly. It's just a Kimber Pro Elite, which even though its a Kimber they only made 2500 of them in 1999. It's my dual purpose weapon.

Kevin

sskp1

Welcome fellow :blizzard: eater

Kevin

sskp1

Welcome fellow :blizzard: eater

Ok Kev, now it's time to take the bull by the horns. We ARE SNOBS by the way, and always act as such.

Welcome. :cheers:

Alrighty, Now i guess taking the bull by the horn's there are only 2499 other like me that own a pro elite. And for main bull "that I'm really trying to avoid until i get to the level that i can fix a sig line snafu." It didn't require financing either. I think being a fellow SNOB i should receive voting priviledges for two reasons:

1. Have never fired a piece of tupperware in my life, aside from at a trashcan.

2. My backup is also a single stack.

Kevin

Long live :blizzard:

What is my member number?

I think being a fellow SNOB i should receive voting priviledges for two reasons:

Here is a quote from Post #6 on this thread, page #1

As a NOTE, this is NOT a democratic organization

Voting Privileges are overated :devil: Don't worry about voting :D

What is my member number?

Nemo is in charge of #'s One will be assigned by Monday noon.

Not sure about your snobbery, but you do have BALLS asking for voting rights and a # the first few hours of membership :devil:

Edited by zhunter

I love this snobbery group already we even treat our own members badly. I assume Nemo knows he has to work on memorial day :huh:

boz1911 ty for the warm welcome. I guess the vetrans out there are trying to watch over me since i've been running wild the last couple of days. :lol:

Kevin

hmmmm doesn't :blizzard: :popcorn: sound good even with heath?

I love this snobbery group already we even treat our own members badly. I assume Nemo knows he has to work on memorial day :huh:

boz1911 ty for the warm welcome. I guess the vetrans out there are trying to watch over me since i've been running wild the last couple of days. :lol:

Kevin

hmmmm doesn't :blizzard: :popcorn: sound good even with heath?

You do have promise, like a bull in a china shop, but promise

A voting membership can be a heavy burden to bear.... It is not to be given...or received lightly. Usually those who would presume to ask for such are unaware of the price that must be paid when assuming such weighty responsibilities. We shall observe your reactions to the everyday and mundane problems that crop up here on the Forums and how well you bear up to these will determine if the mantle of voting responsibilities will lie well upon you....

:closedeyes:

Edited by Merlin Orr

I understand oh great oracle of knowledge and will strive to meet the expectations that are put upon me. :bow: Hell i'm hoping i don't have any problems period but i understand you great seer of all good and bad

Kevin

I understand oh great oracle of knowledge and will strive to meet the expectations that are put upon me. :bow: Hell i'm hoping i don't have any problems period but i understand you great seer of all good and bad

Kevin

Kevin

NOBODY likes a suck-up either :roflol: