Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Merlin has founded the:

1911 Elitist / Snob Club

Merlin: Founding/Charter Member

Zhunter: Charter Member/New Member Nomination Committee Chairman

Club By-Laws;

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

6) Proof of a USPSA Life-Membership number consisting of ONLY three digits will over-ride lack of two photos and proof of match participation

7) 1911 Elitist / Snob Club board has final say on all matters, there is NO SUCH THING AS ARBITRATION!!!!

This message was approved by Merlin

I'm not worthy.

2) I shot my first match in February 2009, so I don't have anything going back to January 1, 2007.

I did shoot that first match in Singlestack Division though.

Proof of shooting SS? Um :unsure: yeah: A-64298

March results from Lea County Action Shooters

March results from West Texas Practical Shooters

April results from Lea County Action Shooters

No one said we have to shoot well. <_<

3) I have shot a plastic gun in divisions other than Production. That may be my big disqualification.

Singlestack is my first love, though, and the one at which I really want to get better. I need (am planning to get) a 1911 with a barrel longer than 3" and that weighs more than 25 ounces. :surprise:

(And no, I'm not blaming my shortcomings on the pistol. Just saying that maybe I'd be more competitive with a full-size, steel-framed 1911.)

Hey, I bought it for carry and it's great for that. Getting better with my carry pistol was THE reason I got involved in competition.

With the factory rosewood grips and a short trigger that was added:

DSCF1568a.jpgDSCF1567a.jpgDSCF1564a.jpgDSCF1569a.jpg

With Crimson Trace Lasergrips and the factory trigger:

DSCF1622a.jpgDSCF1624a.jpg

I have more pictures, if anyone is interested. The forum only allows so many per post.

I've shot my Kimber Ultra CDP II in the following USPSA matches:

02/07/09 Lea County Action Shooters - Singlestack

03/07/09 Lea County Action Shooters - Singlestack

03/22/09 San Angelo Gun Club - Singlestack - Won Singlestack Division (but I was the only shooter in SS).

04/04/09 Lea County Action Shooters - Singlestack

05/02/09 Lea County Action Shooters - Singlestack

08/01/09 Lea County Action Shooters - Limited 10

03/06/10 Lea County Action Shooters - Singlestack

03/14/10 Ridge Runners Gun Club - Singlestack - Won Singlestack Division (but I was the only shooter in SS).

03/28/10 West Texas Practical Shooters - Singlestack - Won Singlestack Division (and I actually had to beat another SS shooter to do it :D ).

04/03/10 Lea County Action Shooters - Singlestack

Plus a handful of non-USPSA "Concealed Carry" matches at Lea County Action Shooters.

BTW, when I've shot this pistol in competition - Singlestack and once in L10 - it's been with leather gear, if that's worth any brownie points.

DSCF1634a.jpg

I use the rosewood grips in competition, but I couldn't find a pic of the holster without the Lasergrips.

B-55 Belt and Compact Under Cover Holster from Kirkpatrick Leather in Laredo.

Also, not shown, I have and use both the Bikini Double Holder Mag Pouch and the Bikini Single Holder Mag Pouch from Kirkpatrack (both of which take up too much real estate on the belt for what we do).

I've been reading this thread from the beginning. I'm on page 27. I have a ways to go. I've glanced at it before, mostly just looking at pictures. :P

And since joining this forum, my avatar has been a picture of this pistol, or a picture of me with this pistol.

Edited by mgood

Good to have you mgood.

I'm thinking we need a real single stack match again in Texas. There used to be a good one in San Antonio, but it exists in name only now after having been corrupted by the neverwanttohavetoreloaders who insisted on shooting their impractical pistols at the match.

Thanks, although I don't know if it's official yet.

(I mean, I know the Founding Father has spoken, but the Membership Chairman hasn't made the pronouncement.)

I'm thinking we need a real single stack match again in Texas.

:cheers: Oh yeah!

I'm just looking at the thread for the Western States Single Stack Championship and wondering how in the heck I can swing that.

I'd really like to go in 2011 and compete as D Class. I can sandbag in D until January :P

(I plan to compete in B Class in January 2012 and A Class in January 2013 :rolleyes: . . . after lots of practice.)

We have the Texas State Limited, which I'll probably go to next year mainly because I know and like the people in the Ridge Runners Gun Club (shot there a couple times now, including last Sunday) and I have family in Breckenridge I can stay with. I got classified in Limited for just that reason.

There's a Texas State Open, down around . . . Houston? I wouldn't drive across the street to shoot an Open match, let alone 600 miles for one.

A Texas State Single Stack would rock!

If people want to come and not have to reload, take their money and welcome them. And if they win some division other than SS, they get a pat on the head and a "good job," while the prizes and trophies are reserved for Singlestack shooters. B)

Edited by mgood

Nope. Sorry. It's not a Single Stack match if anything other than a 1911 is allowed to shoot. It's just a regular match regardless what you call it.

I'm cool with it being a SS only match too.

(And you're probably right, it would be better that way.)

I was just thinking that we could let them shoot if they insisted, but make it so most would see it as not worth the time/money to shoot a division other than SS.

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

Welcome BigNick73 :cheers: Victor R :cheers: and foilhat :cheers:

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

HONORARY MEMBERS in ITALICS

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB :bow:

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH Chairman of Discipline Committee

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8

8 - Alan Meek Chairman Committee of Liaison with USPSA

9 - Catfish

10 - BOZ1911 - Slayer

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue (The Brain)

13 - CSEMartin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale SSES Junior Coordinator

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Jeff Turner, H.M. (member formerly known as GamePlayer)

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (a.k.a Lighteye67)

33 - Modoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212, SERGEANT AT ARMS

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - TGO, H.M.

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

52 - hk_mtbr

53 - JKR

54 - sskp1

55 - Paul Burtchell

56 - bp78

57 - Rob Moore

58 - High Velocity

59 - want2race (Chopper)

60 - gotm4

61 - webbo

62 - tpcdvc

63 - bigsaxdog

64 - JKSNIPER

65 - nashvillebill

66 - ken hebert

67 - T_Deegan

68 - Hopalong

69 - eerw

70 - bbbean

71 - 71Commander

72 - Rocket35

73 - Boss1622

74 - BNorth

75 - Loose Brass

76 - rrflyer

77 - Wunbadweel

78 - Kyle O

79 - Doug H

80 - A62335

81 - GM IPROD

82 - d5357

83 - TM262

84 - Samuel Adams

85 - DirtyPool40

86 - werewolf45auto

87 - Bryan45

88 - Jadeslade

89 - Steven Cline

90 - twodownzero

91 - TISCHLJ

92 - xcelr8n

93 - Scrat

94 - gino_aki

95 - Corey

96 - pbosik

97 - BigNick73

98 - Victor R

99 - foilhat

B)

PS: mgood, I'm sure your request will be soon blessed by zhunter and you will be our 100th member. Patience.

. . . you will be our 100th member.

:o Fantastic. Do I win a prize if I'm the 100th Snob? Ya know, I really need a full-size 1911.

No prize, but you can buy the rest of us a tall cool one. :cheers::sight:

Consider it done, when we meet at a match somewhere. (That's assuming the whole club doesn't show up at the same time to collect, and also assuming that I haven't spent my last pennies on ammo.)

I hereby tender my application for your review and approval.

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns

I have a Rock Island Armory Tactical. It is a Series 70 design.

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

USPSA # A-62757 2nd match I ever shot was in Single Stack. This was August 2008. All 4 Level II/III matches I have shot were in SS division.

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division

I did get classified in Production shooting my son's glock so that he could get classified in Single Stack. He is currently the #7 ranked D Junior shooter in Single Stack and #13 in Production D class (A-62956)

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban.

Shouldn't be a problem.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

See Attached.

It appears that I may also gain favor by mentioning my single stack "booster" type postings that encourage more folks to sign up for the 2010 Magnolia Classic(http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100535&hl=2010%20alabama&st=75 Post #90), the 2010 Alabama Section Championships(http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97944&hl=2010%20alabama&st=100 Post#120 and others), and the 2010 Gator Classic(http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111424&st=25 Post #26) in order to grow the division. My father was a member of the US Army Pistol Team where he shot 1911s at Camp Perry and other large matches in the 1960s, so there is a bloodline that I hope will help. I qualified in the US Navy on a 1911.

Thanks for your consideration,

chbrow10

post-15460-062217900 1287454338_thumb.jp

post-15460-026400100 1287454353_thumb.jp

Edited by chbrow10

chbrow10. Me thinks that the cast and lubed bullets and the 231 will in itself be a ticket into this club..... cheers.gif

Although that old slabsides have some serious character, the Kellogg's cereal bowl got him my vote. :D

ZHUNTER, you got some work to do here!

mgood, you seem good to go.... Zhunter will be along when he gets back from whatever exotic location he is presently at and make the official statement.... cheers.gif

Currently in Spain :)

mgood is good to go, give that man a Non-voting number

Nice holster

Good to have you mgood.

I'm thinking we need a real single stack match again in Texas. There used to be a good one in San Antonio, but it exists in name only now after having been corrupted by the neverwanttohavetoreloaders who insisted on shooting their impractical pistols at the match.

Nemo, Steve J needs to be a committee chair following this post, how about SS Match Snob Committee

Edited by zhunter

I'm honored to be accepted into this noble order and will endeavor to live up to the standards set forth.

Nice holster

Thanks. It's the second rig I've had Kirkpatrick build for me. The first was for a Smith & Wesson Performance Center Shorty Forty for which no one seemed to make a holster. I visited Kirkpatrick's shop when I was in Laredo and they agreed to custom make a holster for it. (I was driving a truck back and forth, Dallas to Laredo, so I was there almost every other day. I left my pistol with them and they had the holster done when I made my next trip down.) Inexpensive, compared to other custom holster makers, but very high quality.

I saw the light about the Smith. Nice gun, but I realized that the double-stack was not really my thing for a carry gun. I also came to realize that Jeff Cooper was right when he said the DA/SA was a solution to a nonexistant problem.

When I got my little compact Kimber, first order of business was to order a holster from Kirkpatrick, and matching belt and mag pouches while I was at it.