Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a Match this weekend in KY

Hey everyone,

I fly corporate for a living, and have suddenly found out that I'll be in Lexington all weekend. I'm looking for a match to shoot at over the weekend. Any help is appreicated! I don't mind driving from Lexington to another city...Thanks Jim :cheers:

Hey everyone,

I fly corporate for a living, and have suddenly found out that I'll be in Lexington all weekend. I'm looking for a match to shoot at over the weekend. Any help is appreicated! I don't mind driving from Lexington to another city...Thanks Jim :cheers:

Here's a website with some of the match sites in driving distance to Lexington. www.practicalshooters.com

No matches are IN Lexington: Closest ones are Wilmore, and Bardstown, but not this weekend.

3rd Sunday of the month would ordinarily be KAPS but there's no January match there.

My only other thought would be to check with Pharaoh Bender to see if there's something in Ohio.

Edited by Surge

My only other thought would be to check with Pharaoh Bender to see if there's something in Ohio.

Brother, I'm sorry, but there is nothing going on in Ohio this weekend :closedeyes: Trust me...I am as bummed as you are.

If that is a positive on the IDPA match would you mind verifying it? Asbury was my first college, I have tons of colleagues in the Wilmore, Nicolasville, Lex area that I'd love to see, and hell...if there's shooting too, that just makes it all the better ;)

It is on for Saturday - If I hear any different I will post it in this thread....

I feel the match will go on as scheduled – The MD is not scared of a little chill in the air..

Now you might see me,,,,, Brrrrrrr

Direction and Info on Club can be found at http://www.bgslinc.com/

Edited by Clyde

Wanted to add...I'd like to encourage the shooters in the area to attend this match if possible. IDPA or USPSA, competition shooting is competition shooting, and I think it would be a great time for the BENOS friends to all hang out.

Falcon, I'm sure between me and Clyde and some of the other guys would get you set up with gear for the match. I was going to shoot my eagle in 9mm but if you want I can shoot one of my SS that I'm not loaning out lol. I've got pouches and a belt holster all you would need is ammo. Just Pm me so I bring enough gear :-)

Falcon, I'm sure between me and Clyde and some of the other guys would get you set up with gear for the match. I was going to shoot my eagle in 9mm but if you want I can shoot one of my SS that I'm not loaning out lol. I've got pouches and a belt holster all you would need is ammo. Just Pm me so I bring enough gear :-)

Take it from me, Corey has an ENDLESS supply of firearms to loan out.

:cheers:

thanks for the offer guys...i've been talked into sleeping in tomorrow ;-}...nice and cozy-like...see you another time...

You're going to pass up shooting a new format with borrowed gear in the snow with 20 degree temps and a 20 mile per hour wind for 'nice and cozy-like' ?

Some of the people on this forum are smarter than I thought....

thanks for the offer guys...i've been talked into sleeping in tomorrow ;-}...nice and cozy-like...see you another time...

You're going to pass up shooting a new format with borrowed gear in the snow with 20 degree temps and a 20 mile per hour wind for 'nice and cozy-like' ?

Now it ain't post ta snow.....

Corey,

Thansk for the invite and useage of your equipment. I bought my Edge .40, belts, mag pouches, CR speed and about 500 rounds....I'm staying at the Hilton off of Hwy 4(Nicholasvilles Exit). How far am I from the field? I plan on showing up for the match....Thanks Jim

Now it ain't post ta snow.....

Besides the snow part, what wasn't correct ??? :rolleyes:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

From 4 and Nicholasvilles you are 19.2 miles to the range.

Time Mile Instruction For Toward

Summary: 19.2 miles (31 minutes)

9:00 AM 0.0 Depart 197 Lexington Green Cir, Lexington, KY 40503 on Lexington Green Circle (South-East) 0.2 mi

9:00 AM 0.2 Turn RIGHT (South) onto US-27 [Nicholasville Rd] 8.9 mi

9:11 AM 9.1 Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto SR-29 [Versailles Rd] 1.2 mi KY-29 / US-68 / Nicholasville / Wilmore

9:13 AM 10.3 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-29 1.3 mi

9:15 AM 11.6 Turn LEFT (South-West) onto US-68 [sR-29] 0.7 mi

9:16 AM 12.3 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-29 1.0 mi

9:19 AM 13.2 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-29 [Lexington St N] 1.2 mi

9:21 AM 14.5 Bear RIGHT (South-West) onto SR-29 [Lexington St S] 0.8 mi

9:22 AM 15.3 Bear LEFT (South) onto SR-29 1.2 mi

9:24 AM 16.5 Turn LEFT (East) onto Handy Bend Rd [Handys Bend Rd] 65 yds

9:24 AM 16.5 At 39 Handy Bend Rd, Wilmore, KY 40390, stay on Handy Bend Rd [Handys Bend Rd] (East) 0.8 mi

9:26 AM 17.3 Turn RIGHT to stay on Handy Bend Rd [Handys Bend Rd] 1.8 mi

9:31 AM 19.1 Keep STRAIGHT to stay on Handy Bend Rd [Handys Bend Rd] 87 yds

9:31 AM 19.2 Arrive 2262 Handy Bend Rd, Wilmore, KY 40390

SUMMARY

Driving distance: 19.2 miles

Trip duration: 31 minutes

Driving time: 31 minutes

overall.bmp

Google Maps

Edited by Clyde