Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Mississippi Classic

Well, it's that time again...

TeamMagnolia is anxiously looking forward to the 2008 Mississippi Classic. This year's match will be held May 16th - 18th in Byram, MS at the Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club Range. RO's, Vendors, and Shoot Through's will shoot on the 16th.

As the description says, we're planning 10 stages and 250+ rounds with Cash, Plaques, and a Prize Table with some of the best stages and shooters in the country. We're going to make this the best Mississippi Classic ever. The match application is now up and we'll be providing more information about the match at it becomes available on our website at:

The 2008 Mississippi Classic

Hope to see everyone in May,

John

:cheers:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lynn,

Not sure what the problem may be. I did create it using a newer version of Acrobat but I tried opening it in an older version and it still opened ok for me. All the same, I went ahead and put a .GIF version out there as well. Let me know if you can't get one of them to work for you and I'll mail you a stack of apps.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gang,

Just letting everyone know, I finished the deal with the Match Hotel this morning. Took a little longer than I had anticipated because they were trying to go up on their rates on us but I got them to agree to leave it the same as last year so our block is all ready to go now. I posted information about the hotel on our website. The link is in the first post.

John

Started getting a few questions about campers at the match so I thought I'd repost some information from last year. Here you go:

1. The Swinging Bridge RV Park seems pretty nice. I rode through to look it over last year when I had a couple shooters ask about it and it seemed like a nice, well kept place and it's less than five minutes from the range. Seemed to be a lot of long term residents.

2. If you want someplace really nice, try booking a camp site at Lefleur's Bluff State Park. They have developed camping, cabins, and primitive camp sites in place around some nice little lakes in a 300 acres of woods right in the heart of Jackson about 15-20 minutes from the range.

3. If your rig is "self supporting" and you are so inclined, you're welcome to park it at the range for the duration. Just be sure to let me know you're doing it so we don't lock you in at night w/ no way to get out.

Hope that helps.

John

Edited by John Heiter

Checked out the website and the pics of the match !

Looks like a lotta fun and a nice place to shoot.

What kind of temps are usuall that time of year ?

If I remember correctly, (and that is always iffy) we had clear skies and temps somewhere in the high 80s or low 90s, with the corresponding humidity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like I screwed up. I sent in the match application to Front Sight but I guess I missed the application deadline or it got misplaced or something because I don't see our match application in the latest issue. Please help me spread the word to those that might be looking for it that the match application is available on our website and it's up there now.

Other than the Front Sight ad, everything is coming together well for the match. We picked the stages last weekend and I'll be sending them in for national approval this week. We also got big shipments of goodies for the prize table in from Springfield and Precision Bullets. Both these companies really stepped up big for us this year and we really appreciate it. If you haven't sent in your applications, get on it. Squads are going to start filling up soon.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I sent you a PM but, for anyone else interested, we still have slots left. I'm seeing a lot of new names on apps. this year so if you're a regular who plans to attend and you haven't sent in your app. yet, you need to get it in the mail soon. I'm having fun getting stuff in for the prize table. Seems like every time I go home I've got boxes waiting for me on my front porch these days. I also talked to some folks the other night who are coming to take pictures/videos at the match this year so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out.

John

Hi Jack,

I sent you a PM but, for anyone else interested, we still have slots left. I'm seeing a lot of new names on apps. this year so if you're a regular who plans to attend and you haven't sent in your app. yet, you need to get it in the mail soon. I'm having fun getting stuff in for the prize table. Seems like every time I go home I've got boxes waiting for me on my front porch these days. I also talked to some folks the other night who are coming to take pictures/videos at the match this year so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out.

John

Thanks, John. Apps are on the way. See you in May.

Jack, If you are coming I hope that your son will be along too. If he is, tell him to bring some of his birthday presents from Tulsa with him. <_< They were sweet. :D

i can see a motivational poster in the future!

:)

lynn