Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Safeties now an option for the Stock II

slavex

Just heard from our dealer up here (Freedom Ventures) that the Custom Safeties are now an option for the Stock II. Got a set on order now! Good news for us Stock II shooters, hopefully you guys will get them in the States soon, and I am sure Henning will have all the parts available for them.

• 2 weeks later...

well, well, well. the new safety FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one new Presidents Medal later and I love it. the instant I installed the safety (1 hour before my first shot) I knew it was going to be better. it locks down better, and the change in where the pivot of the lever is makes it harder to accidently put it up. Thank you Tanfoglio!!!!!!!!!

I will try tonight if Slavex doesn't beat me to it. The BIG safety feels much better. I am using a Ghost holster and Guga mag pouches. I would use a Bladetech holster for the USPSA ( although it is on order)

Next month I hope to take possession of a Limited Custom .40 for standard....

Here ya go;

100_1355.jpg

stock2-1.jpg

My "production gun",,,,

Edited by Mo Hepworth

nice aluminum grips (insert insult here) those are next.

My cam sucks but imagine my gun with the same safety but with the wood grips. I want a new slide lock and hammer now, all stainless or brushed chrome or whatever. sight too. I want an all shiny gun damnit!!! then when the two tones come out I'll get one of those too. I wonder if we'll have the two tone Stock II before the Americans get the regular Stock II Mo? ;)

nice aluminum grips (insert insult here) those are next.

My cam sucks but imagine my gun with the same safety but with the wood grips. I want a new slide lock and hammer now, all stainless or brushed chrome or whatever. sight too. I want an all shiny gun damnit!!! then when the two tones come out I'll get one of those too. I wonder if we'll have the two tone Stock II before the Americans get the regular Stock II Mo? ;)

didn't know a 2 tone stock 2 was coming out. :surprise: our cousins to the south are missing out....I guess they have to settle for the Shadow....(JK...shadow is a great gun as well) I was thinking of the two tone Limited Custom with the slide cuts.....but I like the shiny one as well....

Aluminum grips make the mag release easier to get at.....I only use a little grip tape on the other side. Blue grip tape looks cool, but is doesn't stick like the grey stuff,....nor is it as aggressive.

Yeah,...a slide release in chrome would complete the package.

Moderator,

I find the teasing of this thread from the "guys up there" excesive and offensive, and the photos herein contained are not in the best spirit of cordial international relations. I suggest this material be deleted.

:D:D:D

Production gun? :o Extremely nice!!

What does Pinto and his minions say about it?

That sounds like an awesome Standard setup. I still can't believe that thing is legal for Production. I want one.

the Limited Custom is only slightly longer,...with a mag well and SA hammer...that and the holes in the dust cover are the only difference....

• 1 month later...
I used to always flick the safety back on during reloats when i was hurrying. I hated that part about my Stock. I loved the gun, but the way behind nature of the things EAA does drove me nuts.

I have to agree. I do this once in a while....muscle memory had me putting my trigger finger up towards the slide,,..which although not necessary seems natural.....and knocks the safety on,...just annoying as I don't find I a big time issue to re-establish my grip which may involve pressing my thumb down to disengage the safety.

The only reason I am keeping the right sided safety on is in case I shoot a left hand/weak hand stage. I think I may get a Custom left sided only safety. Still legal for production, but don't have to worry about the hitting the safety up. I think and know this is a user issue,....as there are plenty of shooters using ambi safeties with the tanfoglio guns.

That being said, I viewed some production shooters on the internet from EHC using the tanfoglio guns and they only had safeties on the left side.

Anyone know if they are coming to the US and when?? What kind of price are they selling for up "north"? I'd buy one for SURE!

As long as the current importer for Tanfoglio is EAA we can and will do without these items as he doesnt see the need for them. :angry2: That is also why Henning has the business he does, to fill those holes. :P

I just wish Henning would become the importer for Tanfoglio and cut EAA out of the loop. Then we would have sensible people that care about the sport importing the guns and I would buy the product.

Anyone know if they are coming to the US and when?? What kind of price are they selling for up "north"? I'd buy one for SURE!

As long as the current importer for Tanfoglio is EAA we can and will do without these items as he doesnt see the need for them. :angry2: That is also why Henning has the business he does, to fill those holes. :P

I just wish Henning would become the importer for Tanfoglio and cut EAA out of the loop. Then we would have sensible people that care about the sport importing the guns and I would buy the product.

A BIG PLUS ONE to that!