Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quiting a shitty company

KentG

Im so happy :cheers:

I get to quit a shitty company that implied lots of things but only ended up like some Orwellian (sp?) big brother watching every move and management that only served to remind people what is not allowed and what you can loose your job over. f*#k em. :angry2:

In just over 2 weeks I am going back to a company, think automotive and VERY LARGE, that I worked for for about 9 years before I had a dumbass attack and left.

I have been with this company for less than a year and have hated every moment of it almost. I really tried to give it a go but they suck!

Now Im going "Home" so to speak. While every job has its drawbacks I wish I had never left.

I wouldnt be supprised to see how many people feel the same way about a job that they wish they had back and miss.

Fortunatly for me when I left the company I was GOLD and they took me back when the opportunity came.

Word to the wise,,, if your not unhappy where you are,,, think long and hard about leaving for a "grass is greener" job, Im just glad as hell I got the chance to put it right.

My only problem now is I have to keep my mouth shut with the guys I work with that I like for a week cause I am only going to give one weeks notice. They may tell me to hit the door the minute I do.

My stress level just droped to tibetan monk level.

Know the feeling :)

Back in the mid 90s (damn that wasn't long ago) there was a real strong demand for software engineers in my line of work. I took a very high paying job here in the Orlando area with a company which was obviously about 20 years behind the tech curve. I got a big bonus and a big raise to put up with their crap which I gladly did. At my 90 day review I told the guy I worked for that I was giving him my 9 months notice. The look on his face was priceless, it still makes me laugh. I ended up staying there about 3 years because they did make substantial changes to make the place a better place to work.

I then went back to my previous employer making about 20K more than I made when I left 3 years earlier in a remote office here in the Orlando area. I also contracted with the place here in Orlando for about 6 months because they were so screwed. Those were the good old days in this business :( I have been doing this remote office thing now for almost 10 years.

David

I'm glad for you. I've been miserable in a job before - and it makes life pretty miserable.

It's good you left on good terms with the old/new company. Just proves the old saying - "don't burn bridges." Life has unexpected twists.

Good for you, glad you have somewhere to go. I absolutely LOATHE where I work, and the only good thing is a largish paycheck, enough to carry the whole house on. If I was in a position where I could walk like you, I'd leave these leftist bastards in a minute. Here's too you! :cheers:

I'm just the opposite. I have a GREAT job with great management. I get left alone and no one messes with me. I've known the management for at least 18-20 years and so they treat me right. I can honestly say I have no right to complain! I was unofficially voted as the winner of the "person with the best job".

Good for you, glad you have somewhere to go. I absolutely LOATHE where I work, and the only good thing is a largish paycheck, enough to carry the whole house on. If I was in a position where I could walk like you, I'd leave these leftist bastards in a minute. Here's too you! :cheers:

+2