Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New York State Rifle Championship

No special exemption is needed to possess rifles in NY provided they would have been legel to sell new during the dark times if 1994-2004. NY has a restatement of the federal AW ban with pre-1994 grandfathering. USPSA handgun matches in MY generally get NRA recognition so that they are covered under the exemption provided for in NY penal law 265.20(13b). Even so, I believe that the rifle match is getting NRA recognition since it certainly can't hurt to have it.

The NRA has been fantastic to deal with on getting this sort of recognition for NY based USPSA matches and will also grant recognition, in writing, to a NY club's entire schedule for the year on a single application - and there is no fee for this service.

Last Fall @ West Point 3-Gun, the match organizers emailed a copy of the NRA approval so that in the unlikely event your were challenged, you could show proof of the event you were attending. In the past I have carried match announcements etc. Nothing special needed to fly in. The issues are with transport to the match. You need to keep your gun cases locked. This is a fun match that I have been attending for years travelling from out of state with no problems.

My buddies and I sent in our applications, this is one sweet match. It will be my third and I hope to do much better on the long-range stage this year. Nice people and a great, sometimes muddy setting. Maybe this year will be drier, I hope not :rolleyes: . Counting the days.

regards,

Luis Leon

My buddies and I sent in our applications, this is one sweet match. It will be my third and I hope to do much better on the long-range stage this year. Nice people and a great, sometimes muddy setting. Maybe this year will be drier, I hope not :rolleyes: . Counting the days.

regards,

Luis Leon

I promise sunny weather and NO mud, maybe alittle mud but weather in the 60's

• 1 month later...
OH yea, this year for Christmas my wife-ee-poo got me a Meopta!!! Looks like I'll be shooting some with some class, I mean GLASS this year! :lol:

Glad that you caught that. I know you, you may shoot with glass, but class?????

Just don't wear the black tights and shorts. It is an unfair advantage. The rest of us are doubled over laughing and averting our eyes.

Jim

• 2 months later...