Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well, I see they posted the dates for 2009 Area 4 match in November 13 to the 15th. Bring your long johns.....

Jerry

At least we've got dates far enough out to make plans this time, unlike 2008 where we only had a couple months notice. Great stages and great ROs last year, but the overall administration obviously needs some work. Thanks to those who've taken the time to check on this and post your findings here.

Guess I spoke too soon - apparently the dates listed are wrong. Area 3 and Area 4 are the only areas that haven't yet set dates for their 2009 Area Championships - anyone else seeing a trend here in A4? Pulling out my crystal ball, I see that A4 folks will have to wait until the last minute for info again this year

I'm ready for some Change - and I don't mean Osama, err - Obama, or whatever his damn name is. :angry2:

Area 3 is announced it is on the USPSA site as 7.30.09 in Omaha.

Tom

Thanks - I looked and didn't see it. Guess A4 is still the odd man out as far as not knowing when / where the Area match will be.

More of the same for those of us "lucky" enough to be in A4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no word on awards that were promised - same old thing - Sorry to write bummer posts on this but I feel the hard work the San Angelo people did at this match is being dis-respected by Area 4 - person in charge!

This is nothing new and has been going on several years. There have been an election since the last wave of match issues...... and we still have the same AD. I'd advise anyone who wants a change to actually vote. It was a very close election last time, form what I heard.

I don't intend this post to be political per se, but your only real viable (and perhaps more constructive) option on this subject (besides complaining here) is to campaign for the person of your choice in the next election.

Until then, in my mind, the DTC is the actual A4 match, based on head count, etc.

Edited by sfinney

Another thought to drag this out...Should there have been any Nationals slots awarded to the winners whose class met the requirements?

I think that is automatic thing ? Or it should be. I say it you won you class email Kim and make sure you are on the

list.

<_< If you don't get the slot <_< I will help with boiling the Tar and some-one can bring the Feathers :wacko:

AFAIK, the slots are handled by folks at HQ, and have nothing to do with the folks who ran the match (once the match results are turned over to USPSA). IOW, I think Kim Williams handles figuring out who gets the slots (or, at least she did in the past...)

I would almost bet you money the results have NOT been turned over to uspsa headquarters. They don't show as a classifier. If uspsa had them, they would be on our classifiers.

It is a shame that San Angelo got handed this crap sandwich. They were going to be caught in the middle no matter how the match turned out. I admire them for standing up & putting on the match, even knowing the possibility of how things would turn out. It is unfortunate but I bet they won't step up again. I know our club wouldn't do it. Until something is done about the A-4 guy, who in their right mind would go out on a limb & have to work under these circumstances? Guess we all better plan to attend Area matches out of our Area this year.

MLM

They're on the major match results page - they've been turned over. I suspect they have to be submitted a second time or way (similar to how club results are uploaded for mission count and classifier entry) in order to get the classifier bit handled, judging by some knowledge of how the system works, and comments made earlier in this thread.

I cannot tell you how much it burns me to pay for a match that promised to be a level III match which would count for a classifier match and have the A4 person in charge not even bother to pay the activity fees so it would count as promised. A4 also advertised and promised awards for the winners - non given. There are many legal terms for this I will not post. I don't care if they close the thread, it is about time the members stand up to this obvious abuse to the hard working people at San Angelo and to the shooters who paid their money!

OK Folks. I sent the results in to Sedro (in January). Kim confirmed that Area 4 had sent funds to cover the fees. If they use is as a classifier, it'll show up on your classification page. I reminded Ken Hicks to take care of the tropheys at that tme, I hope he did.

Bill

OK Flex, Thanks! and you can close this thread again.