Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Accupoint?

outerlimits

Dang! I wonder if I could trade my amber triangle 1.25-4, with parallax problem, for a new one with the mildot crosshair w/amber dot? With the mildot that takes care of the major drawback of the triangle, being that holdover is problematic on long targets.

• 1 month later...

more info please???? i heard this too, also heard that you couldn't retro-fit the old ones. don't know, does anybody? guess i gotta call trijicon.... i really like mine, but the hold-over thing is a problem after 250yds. or so, especially out to 400... but the eye relief is great. a skinny chevron with stadia lines would be the shizzit....

don't see this on trijicon's web site, but it's advertised at a number of retailers. don't know how they got a crosshair/mildot, but if it's available in 1.25-4, that would be good.

http://www.shoptics.com/tj-rs-tr20.html#

Yes they were at Shot Show. They have both a plain crosshair, and a crosshair with mildot. Both have a illuminated (is that the right term?) center dot where the crosshairs meet. They looked pretty good to me.

unfortunately for us 3 gunners, it appears only the german #4 reticle is going into the tr-21...only the 3x versions get the mildot and other duplex. i haven't seen trijicon's version of the german #4, but the others are way too thick. would have been nice to have some bdc reticle for it.

Simply put, "for 3-gun work it sucks". I told several Trijicon Shot Show reps that in no uncertain terms. There reply is Accupoints are hunting scopes. :angry2:

I like my current Accupoint and it works great, you just have to know and adjust your zeros. With the Accupoint triangle it helps to hold under, not over.

The new one is a German #4 with huge black side bars and a tiny dim center dot without BAC. The bars are so thick they actually draw you eye to the 4 sides of the scope???

I was looking forward to it. It was the biggest disappointment of the shot show.

I bought a Millet. Talking with the reps and an engineer, they actually seemed to care about competition shooting and its positive effect on product development.

I am going to mount my Millet and my Accupoint in Larues and test them side by side, long and short range against the timer.

I also spoke with several of the Trijicon folks at SHOT, one of whom was the engineer in charge of the Accupoint reticle changes. He is also a 3 gun guy & was very, very receptive to the idea of an ACOG style or some form of BDC reticle for the 1.25x4 scope. :cheers: In his words "I want one & so do a few other guys at the plant who also shoot 3 gun, I'm just having a hard time selling it to the powers that be."

These guys are busy & as I also work in the gun industry, I know what it is like. You have a bunch of very vocal, very passionate guys screaming for what seems to make perfect sense to them about what you should do with your product line but then that idea has to be sold to the folks in the food chain higher up on a dollar & cents basis. He is hopeful that the changes can be made but it ain't like Tijicon is lacking any form of demand for current product offering. I know that ACOG's have a 16 week lead time right now & they are running their butts off to keep up with demand on that line alone.

I use the 1.25 x 4 Accupoint & love it to bits. A BDC ret would make it perfect & as I said, the Trijicon guys know it. We can only hope that we see it from the company in due course. :blink: