Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Indiana Section and State Championship

Dale is a better photographer than I, but here are a couple pics of PB, one on stage 2 and the other on stage 4 (notice the bowling ball.

2558701596_8e982c75c6.jpg

2558713602_a3542dd9fa.jpg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale is a better photographer than I, but here are a couple pics of PB, one on stage 2 and the other on stage 4 (notice the bowling ball.

2558701596_8e982c75c6.jpg

2558713602_a3542dd9fa.jpg

Uh, you start trying to out flatter me I'm going to have people look at your awesome pics of the Blue Angels. :cheers:

Anyone got anything I should look out for or any tricky parts I should be aware of. I will have very limited time to look at the stages before shooting tomorrow and would like to get a heads up.

Anyone got anything I should look out for or any tricky parts I should be aware of. I will have very limited time to look at the stages before shooting tomorrow and would like to get a heads up.

1) Don't drop your gun

2) Don't break the 180

3) Shoot only white targets

:P

One stage has you running backwards, at least 3 DQs for breaking the 180 and a stage with a Texas star through a doorway set up so you can only see one or two of the plates at any one time come to mind. On the bowling ball stage you do well to blow past the disappearing targets and save several seconds.

In this photo Matt is reloading just about where the no penalty mikes are. When that bowling ball behind him gets to the lever sticking up in the chute it will trigger the turner and Matt will be long gone. It is a great stage, but the timing makes it not worth waiting around for the points.

post-2337-1212891569.jpg

Edited by AikiDale

1) Don't drop your gun

2) Don't break the 180

3) Shoot only white targets

:P

Not so helpful!

One stage has you running backwards, at least 3 DQs for breaking the 180 and a stage with a Texas star through a doorway set up so you can only see one or two of the plates at any one time come to mind. On the bowling ball stage you do well to blow past the disappearing targets and save several seconds.

In this photo Matt is reloading just about where the no penalty mikes are. When that bowling ball behind him gets to the lever sticking up in the chute it will trigger the turner and Matt will be long gone. It is a great stage, but the timing makes it not worth waiting around for the points.

post-2337-1212891569.jpg

Now that's helpful. Thanks!

Well after leaving the range at about 8pm last night (saturday) I just made it back to my in-laws 80 miles away around 9am this morning (sunday). Parts of Indiana have experienced very heavy rainfalls and consequently very heavy flooding which means the town my inlaws live in was basically an island for the past half day or so.

First off the match was hot and humid, I saw an electronic sign that said 91 degrees just down the road from the range on my way home at 8pm. But I just hydrated as much as possible and didn't have any heat issues. I did have shooting issues and therefore didn't shoot well at all, but that was entirely due to inadequate preparation. The stages were challenging and fun, they also I thought were a good test with a mix of easier and very hard (read long distance) targets. The stages also had a pretty high production value which looked cool and was fun to shoot. There were a lot of longer stages (28-32 rounds) and really only two speed shoots with a couple medium type courses thrown in. There was no classifier which I kind of liked, if I'm going to spend a lot of money to enter a match, travel to it, etc. why waste time shooting boring old classifiers that I can shoot at any old club match. Most importantly all the match staff I dealt with were very friendly and did a great job, kudos to David and his crew for putting this on, I really enjoyed myself.

Very good stages. I liked that they were high round count (most of them). It was a scorcher today (sunday). I must have ingested 2 gallons of water and 1 gallon of Gatoraid. That's a lot for me.

Thanks to the staff we had two or three canopies (shade) at every stage. That helped a bunch!!

You should get a email notification from USPSA that the scores have been posted on the members page.

Depending on how tired they are it may be tomorrow before they get posted.

Thanks again to all the range staff. David and company did another fine job..........the wall sections are AWESOME.

Jake thanks again for the awesome prizes.

Great match, David, Jane, and all of the staff made this a memorable match. The stages were wide open run and gun fun. Any time these folks do a match, you should plan on being there. Thanks to all involved, we had a blast.

I had one miss and one malfunction, but shot well otherwise. I didn't time the bowling ball well, and had to wait for the first turner, but got 3 of the 4 optional hits there, even though I pushed that mike on a static in that sequence. I had a real good time all day, those stages were some of the most fun I have ever shot.

Don't even get me started on the bowling ball...Kinda irritated me to start the day..not the stage or how I ran it..but some administrative issues that kinda bothered me....but hell yea..what a fun match..I like it when we run and gun.. :wacko: