Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Mini Pepper Poppers

Chris Conley

Here's some poppers that I made messing around the shop. The body is aluminum plate and used a cut off wheel and file to shape them. Have six made now. Going to try and make six more this weekend at work. And you can calibrate them.

post-10237-1198779159.jpg

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Looking at your design- would you consider making and sending out just the popper "plate". I 'spose one could make it with sheet metal and a pair of tin snips....but it would be nicer utilize your expertise and build a base on their own.

Cool. I made one from 3/8" poly a while ago, and it works pretty well, but do take note of the ricochet hazard.. How bad is it with Aluminum?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34524

I'd look at making them reset too-- a central hinge and a weight ought to do it-- I never got anywhere useful with springs.

Manny Bragg sells poppers and plate racks. I just bought a plate rack for $150 bucks. Should be here any day.

Is there anywhere one can look at these products?

Chris- maybe a few tips on where one could get materials and steps on how they were cut would be suffisciently helpful vs. selling them. I thought about cutting some out of wood- but thought about the ricochet aspect. Maybe some type of harder foam would be a good material? Any thoughts?

Hey- cool! I know that guy! And he's local.....well kinda. Thanks for the link!

In and out of business all in a few hours. Just joking.

The thickness of the metal is 1/8th inch found in the scrap metal bin at work. Size of the popper is just a regular dryfire target. Cut that out and used it to trace around. Used a cut off wheel to rough cut and a file to shape. A real course file hamburger of the stuff the wheel can't get and a fine file dresses us the edges real nice. The use some light sand paper to scuff up the surface so the paint will stick. The next bunch that I make I'll try and make them reset. There's all kinds of stuff in the machine shop that I think will work.

Chris C.

Hey- cool! I know that guy! And he's local.....well kinda. Thanks for the link!

They also seem to stand up to .22LR Colibri ammo. (no powder)

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?conte...odID=AU1B222337

It doesn't even mark the aluminum. It just chips away the paint like the real thing.

It works great for practicing with my revolver here at home. Well. Outside, anyway. At least from now on. :ph34r: