Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 147gr loads with Titegroup

tgibson

I would have sworn I saw this somewhere, but after doing a search, I can't find it. Does someone have a good load for 147gr bullets and Titegroup? I am thinking around 3.4gr, but I don't know for sure. Right now, I am using Rainer bullets, but I think I am going to switch up to MG's. TIA.

TG

Edited by tgibson

147 gr Zero HP out of my Glock 34 takes 2.8 gr of TG to make minor pf (in a CO summer). I shoot 3.0gr to be on the 'knock the steel down' side of life. 3.1gr is better out of my G17. 3.0gr made pf with a Precision also, but it smokes like hell. Depending on the gun, you may have to go .1 to .2 gr higher for a MG. They have a tendency to need a touch more powder to get pf. They have a harder jacket than the Zeros. 3.4 might be a touch too hot. I would start out at 3.0 or 3.1 gr and work up from there.

If you are shooting a CZ, you might have issues with tumbling with 147gr bullets. For sume reason, the CZ doesn't like 147's and I have heard of issues with TG in the CZ's and tumbling too.

Travis,

I'm at 3.5 for a pf of 138 out of my g34 with berry's plated bullets. I tried going to a lower pf but those loads wouldn't cycle the slide properly. I'm sure if i changed the recoil spring it won't be a problem. also, i've read here that 147 plated bullets just at or above the 125 pf don't seem to be a good combination.

Happy holidays, brutha and tell your dad the same.

Hiro

3.25gr of Titegroup with Precision Delta 147 jacketed TC's at 1.135" goes ~128 out of my CZ 85 with no tumbling and is quite accurate. Titegroup and moly coated is a bad combination in my gun. The easy fix was wait until the Titegroup was mostly gone and not replace it. I went to Solo 1000 and have had no tumbling issues with moly and much MUCH less smoke.

If you stay with jacketed bullets you shouldn't have any problems with Titegroup.

Here's my recipe for my Glock 34:

- Zero 147 gr JHP

- 1.112 OAL setup with Winchester brass (results with mixed brass range from approx. 1.104 - 1.118

- approx. 2.75 grs (avg.) of Titegroup

- 136 - 138 PF on chronos, match or mine

Very accurate and reliable with 13# ISMI spring.