Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Forum

smokshwn

Is it just me? This whole thing with folks dressing in combat garb and carrying airsoft pseudo-guns arrived on my radar only in the last couple months, and I still do not get it... I had heard of folks doing matches indoors with pistols during the winter and also of folks practicing house clearings, dynamic entry, Force-on-Force training, etc, but this looks like kids playing soldier...

What are they doing? Playing "capture the flag" in fatigues, like with paintball? And in full uniforms and equipment. It can not have any more effective range than a paintball gun, can it?

Somebody please explain to me what they are doing...

Billski

Is it just me? This whole thing with folks dressing in combat garb and carrying airsoft pseudo-guns arrived on my radar only in the last couple months, and I still do not get it... I had heard of folks doing matches indoors with pistols during the winter and also of folks practicing house clearings, dynamic entry, Force-on-Force training, etc, but this looks like kids playing soldier...

What are they doing? Playing "capture the flag" in fatigues, like with paintball? And in full uniforms and equipment. It can not have any more effective range than a paintball gun, can it?

Somebody please explain to me what they are doing...

Billski

I would explain it to you if I could...I am as confused as the next guy...I think you nailed it with the first sentence of the second paragraph...

And people are scared of us????

We shoot at PAPER and STEEL.

These people shoot at each other.

Playing Soldier used to end about age 10-12 or so. Usually about the time you decided you wanted to be trusted to shoot real guns. One needs to keep reality and fantasy in very seperate bins.

This and Paintball have always made me wonder. People that will allow little Johnny to play Airsoft or Paintball and SHOOT at REAL PEOPLE, but think that shooting a .22 rifle at paper targets is bad....

Jim

I am sure airsoft can be a great training tool...indoors in winter is one aspect among others.

dressing up as a wannabe warrior is much less interesting to me...but I do find humor in it :lol:

Jim

Jim

You are easily entertained.... :lol:

I DO find it quite amusing :goof:

This pic of little Billy Hogwart..says it all....and he is also grand champian in the national lard eating contest :devil:

spoof.jpg

Is he the one assigned to defend me?...who will take his place when he dies of an acute myocardial infarction brought on from standing and walking while carrying his wannabe gun...

damn why do I always have to be protected by a guy like that?...perhaps I am better off just hiding in the weeds and shooting them as them parachute down to earch with my non-military 300 Mag...guess I cant do that cause it is so Politically Incorrect....I am so ashamed of myself for thinking that way :blush:

Here are few pics for you guys that think we need an airsoft forum :D

Again- you are missing the point. :yawn:

Let me just say this- there are probably as many, if not more, people of that kid's size and stature in our sport. And to point fingers laugh and ridicule is uncalled for, and in my humble opinion: NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT! AND SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED. I would have hoped that people around here were mature enough not to "make fun of the fat kid". But I guess that is not the case. I am disappointed that this thread has gotton this far! <_<

I DO find it quite amusing :goof:

This pic of little Billy Hogwart..says it all....and he is also grand champian in the national lard eating contest :devil:

I find it has crossed the border of amusing as I am currently wiping recently snorked water off my desk. I saw his Amazon Wish List... I think he wanted a gift certificate to the Dallas Ninja School. That photo gave me a new definition for "tactical roll". I was reminded of the kid who played "Augustus" from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory when I first saw it. OK, I'll shut up and let the real pundits take over now.