Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Its done...

jostein jensen

Now the 4 longest months of my life starts.

It'll be a blued 5" .38SC with titanium comp, allchin mount, CR thumbrest, ICE well and swensons. All the "externals" will be stainless/chrome color to give it a flashy black and chrome look.

I'm sweatin already thinking of it. How the he** did you all cope with the wait?

JJ.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jostein, you are from Norway if I'm no mistaken?!

Could you give me a little info(actually all info) about exporting gun from USA? Who will do all paper work? How mutch it will cost? etc. I'm interested in exporting procedures and dealers who will do that?

Thank you.

Edited by Ramas

you need a dealer that will apply for an export license and ship it to you.

They need an order form, a copy of your import license and a translation of the same. And your country can't be on the US Governments "ban" list.

I'm using Simpson LTD. you can also check out ETSS.

google for them and you find them and the costs. Both are around 7-800 USD if you're country don't allow guns by parcel post.

The wait on your first custom gun is difficult and all you will think of is getting it. When the gun arrives all the wait is quickly forgotten. Bedell builds a sweet gun and you'll be very happy with it. After the 3rd or 4th gun the wait doesn't matter as much. Post pics when it arrives.

Pete

It'll be a blued 5" .38SC with titanium comp, allchin mount, CR thumbrest, ICE well and swensons. All the "externals" will be stainless/chrome color to give it a flashy black and chrome look.

I'm sweatin already thinking of it. How the he** did you all cope with the wait?

JJ.

Congratulations :cheers:

I'm still waiting on my first open blaster. 6-months now. But supposed to be ready anyday. :blink: I started my wait by getting all the other stuff together to go with my new gun. Dies, conversion kit, brass, bullets, holster, mag pouches, mags, etc, etc, etc. I quickly ran out of money and was glad that it was going to take so long to come in. :lol:

After a couple of months, I stopped thinking about it. Decided to call the week before Thanksgiving and was told that my comp is being made right now and it should go to final assembly the week after Thanksgiving. So I guess it's been in final assembly for about 3 weeks now. :P Anyway, I think about it everyday at this point. 2 days ago I got an envelope in the mail with the return address being the company thats building the gun. All excited, thinking it was the bill or a letter stating my gun was ready, I opened it and found a lovely Christmas card. :excl: Thanks guys. ;) Merry Christmas...

DonT

I bought a one owner Bedell 5' Open gun this past summer. Found a good deal in the classifieds that I could not pass up. This gun has been an absolute kick in the pants to shoot. With the exception of one problem , the gun has run flawlessly. During a local match the barrel link broke, turning the gun into a single shot. Called Dan Monday morning and was told that if I shipped the gun on Tuesday he would fit a new link on Wednesday and I would have it back on Thursday. Only way it could have been any quicker would have been for him to fix it at my place. Stuff happens, it's how that stuff gets handled that makes it easier to accept.

There are three Bedell Open guns in my club. All three run and run...

You will be happy with your new gun. Just try to forget about it for the next four months. Yea right!

CYa,

Pat

i feel you pain. I ordered my Bedell in July of this year and got it in November.....the week AFTER the last match of the season. I spent almost every day after getting it at the range playing. I can't wait till the first match next month to see what I can do with it. The wait isn't too bad believe it or not. It is well worth the wait! Dan makes a fine product.

I feel like Columbus!

:surprise:

Way back in 2004, I had to wait an outrageous 6 weeks for my 1st Bedell open pistol!

the next three were about 6 months!

6 weeks or 6 years, It will be well worth the wait!

Get ready for the good stuff! :D

My Bedell Limited gun record for 2007. 13,000 rounds, 1 failure to feed during a match where I was dropping mags in wet sand. One hammer follow during a practice session(tightened the leaf spring). This gun is set up with a 1 lb 13 oz trigger. Needless to say I'm very pleased with my Bedell! Equipment failure is never in the back of my mind. You will be very pleased indeed!

JJ.

Tell me about it brother, I have a 6" limited gun being built....Patience is not a virtue for me.... BUT I HAVE TO kuz I know the man that is building it and I WILL NOT rush him. I'm not asking too much,,,just perfection.

Maybe we should create a "pistol waiting" support group? HAHA

• 2 weeks later...

JJ.

How much did this set up cost?

JJ.

How much did this set up cost?

Around 3200. The Swensons we're an extra 100, the Ice 30 and the thumbrest around 60.

• 1 month later...
Just got mail from Chuck! The parts for the gun has been shipped and its done in 2-4 weeks!

OMG I'm actually shaking :D

Good for you! Good luck on trying to get any sleep over the next few weeks!!! HAHAAHA.

My 6" should be done mid March. Just in time for the double tap shoot in TX. It'll be headed south with me along with my Venry 6".

Sure will post pics :)

what kind of guy would I be NOT to post pictures in a forum full of gun nut... err.. ENTHUSIASTS :P

Yeah , I guess that was a request not needed. Hell, can't wait to see the new arrival. It may make waiting for mine seem much longer though........

Just got mail from Chuck! The parts for the gun has been shipped and its done in 2-4 weeks!

OMG I'm actually shaking :D

Good for you! Good luck on trying to get any sleep over the next few weeks!!! HAHAAHA.

My 6" should be done mid March. Just in time for the double tap shoot in TX. It'll be headed south with me along with my Venry 6".

Since this one is to be exported to Norway, there may very well be an aditional month or two of wait! I'm just crossing everything I've got to have it here in time for the Norwegian nationals. HOPEFULLY in time to chrono some loads and zero scope :P

If that doesn't happen, I'll just load up 9 gr 3N38 under the MG 124's and hope to make PF :P