Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACOG Ta11 mount

oddjob

Santa came through with a TA 11. Which mount is favored for a flat top open class AR-15?? I may put on a Jpoint at a later time too if that make a difference. Tried the search, but couldn't find an answer to the mount question.

thanks.......ron

What's the advantage of the LaRue mount over the Trijicon?

The L100 still requires a mount for the scope though.

Is it better because it's a quick on quick off?

Just curious.

Gary

I havent got a ta 11 but do have a ta01 and a ta31 I tied the trijicon mount and its ok, I put the ta31 on an arms mount and like it much more. If the larue mount for the ta11 is half as good as the mount they make for the tr21r it will be the best. I cant say enough good things about larue. They respond quickly and hold zero with taking the mount on and off. It is more money but it is money well spent.

What's the advantage of the LaRue mount over the Trijicon?

The L100 still requires a mount for the scope though.

Is it better because it's a quick on quick off?

Just curious.

Gary

I havent got a ta 11 but do have a ta01 and a ta31 I tied the trijicon mount and its ok, I put the ta31 on an arms mount and like it much more. If the larue mount for the ta11 is half as good as the mount they make for the tr21r it will be the best. I cant say enough good things about larue. They respond quickly and hold zero with taking the mount on and off. It is more money but it is money well spent.

I can see that holding it's zero is good but why take it off in the first place?

I got the Arms #10 channel mount from SWFA and the bottom of the scope when mounted in it is only a quarter inch off the top of the Picatinny rail. So the only thing making the scope high is the witness hole that's part of the scope anyway. This ACOG is new to me also, so I'm still learning.

Gary

• 1 month later...

I have mine on a ARMS mount. I take it off everytime I clean it and it always stays on ZERO.

As for the JPoint mount I made my own with a metal hood so I wouldn't get bumped out of zero any more. Its a bit different being on its side but its at the same height as the AGOG so you don't have to lift your head just cant the rifle a bit and its there. Its not pretty but its rugged and works.

100_3806.jpg

Edited by TMC

I have mine on a ARMS mount. I take it off everytime I clean it and it always stays on ZERO.

As for the JPoint mount I made my own with a metal hood so I wouldn't get bumped out of zero any more. Its a bit different being on its side but its at the same height as the AGOG so you don't have to lift your head just cant the rifle a bit and its there. Its not pretty but its rugged and works.

Cool setup Todd, exactly what I was thinking after putting this together.

jp15.jpg

Haven't tried it in a match yet, but when practicing I normally have to search for the dot on the Docter when I lift my head.

Cool setup Todd, exactly what I was thinking after putting this together.

jp15.jpg

Haven't tried it in a match yet, but when practicing I normally have to search for the dot on the Docter when I lift my head.

I was going to use the JP mount and rotate it to the side but the folks at JP said it won't go because to scope is too fat on that side. That would ahve been the cleanest set-up.