Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Other Tite Group

HoMiE

Finally picked up my rifle that has been an ongoing project. WOW! was all I could say when I got to see it and hold it. Hopefully this will make up for some of my accuracy with a pistol. :P

So info on rifle - BAT Action, Shehane stock, NF 12x42 NXS, Krieger barrel 27.5" HV contour, chambered in .243 Winchester Match 30 degree improved shoulder

very nice, did bat do the bolt fluting as well?

Yes, the bolt is fluted in diamond pattern. It has been so long since I ordered it but I think it was their medium lenght 8.5" round action. The rifle is pretty heavy, just under 17 lbs. complete. I don't think it will kick much. ;)

Steve Rorick of Inland Accuracy Lab in Riverside, CA put it together for me.

Picked krieger becasue I had another 6mm built and was happy with the barrel and they had what I wanted when I called around.

Nice looking rifle!

Are you going to take that prairie dog hunting (or whistle pig or rock chukar, whatever you call 'em in Oregon)?

I've heard people call them sage rats in these parts, little smaller than you typical prairie dog. They also have these little flickertail squirrels/chipmunk critters(I don't believe it's legal to shoot those though). But those days are over for me, I know they can be a pest for farmers and what not, but I'll let other people shoot them. I just shoot cardboard and paper targets now. ;)