Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hawaii vehicle laws

Doe's anyone know if there are any laws against attaching a GPS via suction cup to a vehicle windshield in Honolulu, HI ???

I'm gonna be visiting several different places and just wanted to know in advance if I should bring that mount with me.

Thanks,

Gary

Depends on your tags and skin color. Lots of laws but with the right combo little to no enforcement of any vehicle laws. They are pretty serious about DUI and will occasionally enforce speeding but that's about it.

The tags will be Hawaii and I suppose I can ask for really dark tinted windows. Guess I'll find out as I'm driving to the Rhat Rhat Boyz match Sunday morning.

Gary

Tell me more about what that's about. One of the guys who I squaded w/ at Area1 had a Rhat Rhat boys shirt on, but I didn't ask him much about it. I'm gonna be going home next week!

~Mitch

The tags will be Hawaii and I suppose I can ask for really dark tinted windows. Guess I'll find out as I'm driving to the Rhat Rhat Boyz match Sunday morning.

Gary

Tell me more about what that's about. One of the guys who I squaded w/ at Area1 had a Rhat Rhat boys shirt on, but I didn't ask him much about it. I'm gonna be going home next week!

~Mitch

A great bunch of guys putting on IPSC type matches on Ohau. Rhat Rhat Boyz

They shoot at the same place MPPL shoots. They are also a great bunch of guys I just won't be there that long to shoot their match too. :(

Gary

Rhat Rhat is a non affiliated club that uses IPSC rules. Many of the members shoot internationally so usually half of stages are turtle targets. They are a run and gun lots of movers and swingers and you better be flexible. (I'm not,so usually suck) I'll see ya Sunday. I'll be the tall white guy in the Dallas cowboy hat asking why all the stages are made for midgets. About once a quarter they throw me a tall guy stage bone. Setup starts around 900 hot about 1030. Bring a camera really great views at the range.

Wassup with that remark

Sounds about right to me...I earned a ticket on H2, back when I lived on Oahu. When I asked why the cop pulled me out of the crowd (of cars who were all doing the same "60 in a 55" speed) he told me that "...you haole have da insurance...I pull da bruddah, dey no got da insurance..."

:cheers:

Alex

Sounds about right to me...I earned a ticket on H2, back when I lived on Oahu. When I asked why the cop pulled me out of the crowd (of cars who were all doing the same "60 in a 55" speed) he told me that "...you haole have da insurance...I pull da bruddah, dey no got da insurance..."

:cheers:

Alex

:lol::lol::lol: funny :goof: i can picture them saying that too.

Edited by yoshidaex

Depends on your tags and skin color.

Wassup with that remark :huh:

You should be fine with your gps mount, dark tinted windows are another story B)

Barry B)

I was kidding about the tinted windows.

I'm just trying to lessen the chance of being stopped.

Don't want the dog after me either. :goof:

Thanks

Gary

Youve never been here then. The roads are like spagetti and none of them well marked. Lots of you cant get there from here. There will be interstate exits but no entrances. You get off the highway and cant get back on. And as mentioned above wrong area wrong skin and you end up dead or severly beaten for turning around in the wrong place. Most of the roads that are marked are marked with very long foreign language names. That may be allmost exactly the same as as another roads name except for one letter. They also have a "No signs allowed " tradition or laws, Good for the views bad if your not from here and trying to find something. I guarantee you'll make a dozen laps around the stadium trying to figure out which way to go. If you need to come here for some reason Come out and shoot with Rhat Rhat or Mid Pacific. Matches are good once you slow down to the as mentioned island time. The range is at the far south east corner of the island.

If you are planning to attend the match on the 9th, you might want to google the "honolulu marathon" and check their route since it will seriously impact your travel time. the marathon is scheduled for the 9th, and their route will conflict with the crive to the range.

Most of the roads that are marked are marked with very long foreign language names.

Ah joe in Hawaii, english is the foreign language. all those long and short street names you can not pronounce are in the native language of the islands.

Doesnt matter what it is or isnt the only thing it has to do with shooting is it makes navigating to the range difficult. A GPS is a good idea for a visitor. And I forgot about that marathon. same day as the next match. And route is right by the range............ just checked websights looks like roads will be a nightmare. Might have to come around from the north.

If you are planning to attend the match on the 9th, you might want to google the "honolulu marathon" and check their route since it will seriously impact your travel time. the marathon is scheduled for the 9th, and their route will conflict with the crive to the range.

Thanks Rabe, I did a check and saw that it's right in the middle of my commute. :angry2:

I will have to go a few miles out of my way but at least I won't be sitting in traffic during the match.

Taking Joe's advice and coming from the North side. I'm thinking H-3, 61 then 72, but I'm still gonna be on Hawaiian time :D

Gary

Well I'm back from Oahu and I just have to tell you that using a GPS is the only way to go for someone that doesn't know the roads. As a matter of fact I made it to the match earlier than about half the guys that showed up. They got stuck in traffic.

I also ended up going more places than I would've ever wanted to, (the wife's idea). She just entered the location in the GPS where she wanted to go and handed it to me and said here's where we're going.

Anyway, I got to shoot while I was there so it was almost like a vacation for me.

Joe's right about those low ports too. Bad knees and low ports don't get along together very well either but I was still smiling at the end.

Aloha,

Gary