Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane

On my draws I'm pulling the trigger before I can see the dot BUT by the time I do pull the trigger the dot is there. ... Cheely you were trying to tell me about this last year.

This is one of those things that's tough to describe to someone - in part, because they have a hard time believing it, until they actually experience it for themselves. Its also what makes reading Brian's book difficult if you haven't already seen some of the things he's getting into...

This is a big step ;) Good good stuff!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jane,

What days/time does the camp run? We have a USPSA match in Tyler, TX on Sunday mid-day.....if your class is done, come over (it's roughly an hour-ish or so) and play!! Best of luck in the class, too!!

-Mike

Thanks for the invite Mike but I won't be able to make it. ;)

Here is the lay out of the ladies camps....

Thursday and Friday is the beginner camp

Saturday is the Lady Smith Match

Sunday is the Advanced one day camp

I will be participating in the Lady Smith match and the one day Sunday camp :cheers:

I was greatly offended that I got hit in the cheek with splatter...until....I realized I wasn't wearing glasses!!!!!!!

Score 1 for using Oakleys for my color contrast enhancement... :lol::cheers:

I really thought I was going to get by posting something about my contacts without your input.....who was I kidding! <_<

All in good fun my friend....all in good fun. :cheers:

On my draws I'm pulling the trigger before I can see the dot BUT by the time I do pull the trigger the dot is there. ... Cheely you were trying to tell me about this last year.

This is one of those things that's tough to describe to someone - in part, because they have a hard time believing it, until they actually experience it for themselves. Its also what makes reading Brian's book difficult if you haven't already seen some of the things he's getting into...

This is a big step ;) Good good stuff!

When Matt described this to me last year I understood what he was saying but was struggling with DOING it. I knew I was over confirming my shots but what I didn't realize at the time was HOW MUCH I was over confirming my shots.

Now that I've experienced it I'm thinking this is something you can't will or make happen. It's a place where skill, trust, confidence and knowing all join up together. We like to believe we can MAKE that happen....I guess in some sense we do....but in another sense it just has to develop. At least that is what I'm thinking today at 4 am in the morning and unable to sleep :huh:

I've just returned from camp....I'm exhausted.

The trip was successful in the sense that I accomplished mentally exactly what I wanted. :cheers:

Here's the results of Lady Smith Match 2008 Open division. There were more competitors (14 in Open division)...I just stopped when I got to my name. The steel stages really hurt me and a mike on Catch me if you can...also hurt ...Ouch! Lessons learned...no big deal ;)

Open Finals

1 Lisa Munson 36 M Open Major Yes No No No 710.2300 100.00%

2 Athena Lee 25 A45104 M Open Major Yes No No No 703.5015 99.05%

3 Jane Ball 8 TY48271 B Open Major Yes No No No 586.7293 82.61%

Stage 1 X marks the spot

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 137 0 20.26 6.7621 150.0000 100.00%

2 Jane Ball 8 B Open 142 0 22.03 6.4458 142.9837 95.32%

3 Athena Lee 25 M Open 133 0 21.25 6.2588 138.8356 92.56%

Stage 2 Short and Sweet

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 56 0 7.83 7.1520 60.0000 100.00%

2 Athena Lee 25 M Open 55 0 8.03 6.8493 57.4606 95.77%

3 Jane Ball 8 B Open 55 0 10.66 5.1595 43.2844 72.14%

Stage 3 Boogie On The Bayou

1 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 111 0 13.98 7.9399 120.0000 100.00%

2 Jane Ball 8 B Open 107 0 13.66 7.8331 118.3859 98.65%

3 Athena Lee 25 M Open 109 10 12.90 7.6744 115.9874 96.66%

Stage 4 Smoke & Hope

1 Athena Lee 25 M Open 100 0 10.61 9.4251 100.0000 100.00%

2 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 100 0 12.24 8.1699 86.6824 86.68%

3 Barbara DiMattina 13 B Open 100 0 13.94 7.1736 76.1117 76.11%

4 Shea Self 2 C Open 100 0 15.19 6.5833 69.8486 69.85%

5 Lucielle Lara 43 C Open 100 0 15.27 6.5488 69.4826 69.48%

6 Jane Ball 8 B Open 95 10 13.69 6.2089 65.8762 65.88%

Stage 5 Inner Limits

1 Athena Lee 25 M Open 75 0 13.15 5.7034 75.0000 100.00%

2 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 75 0 15.52 4.8325 63.5476 84.73%

3 Barbara DiMattina 13 B Open 75 0 17.18 4.3655 57.4065 76.54%

4 Shea Self 2 C Open 75 0 17.59 4.2638 56.0692 74.76%

5 Lucielle Lara 43 C Open 75 0 17.74 4.2277 55.5945 74.13%

6 Tracy Self 3 B Open 75 0 17.93 4.1829 55.0053 73.34%

7 Jane Ball 8 B Open 70 10 15.43 3.8885 51.1340 68.18%

Stage 6 Catch Me If You Can

1 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 111 0 11.38 9.7540 115.0000 100.00%

2 Athena Lee 25 M Open 107 0 12.11 8.8357 104.1732 90.59%

3 Barbara DiMattina 13 B Open 105 0 15.66 6.7050 79.0522 68.74%

4 Lucielle Lara 43 C Open 105 10 15.37 6.1809 72.8730 63.37%

5 Jane Ball 8 B Open 99 10 15.28 5.8246 68.6722 59.71

Stage 7 Push This

1 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 48 0 7.60 6.3158 50.0000 100.00%

2 Athena Lee 25 M Open 45 10 5.80 6.0345 47.7730 95.55%

3 Jane Ball 8 B Open 39 0 6.82 5.7185 45.2714 90.54%

Stage 8 I Hear the Train A Comin

1 Lisa Munson 36 M Open 62 0 8.32 7.4519 65.0000 100.00%

2 Athena Lee 25 M Open 56 0 7.60 7.3684 64.2717 98.88%

3 Jane Ball 8 B Open 64 0 10.92 5.8608 51.1215 78.65%

I'm pleased with where I'm at right now. I'm right on target with my training plan.

I've got more to say about camp. I'm sure more posts are soon to follow. :cheers:

Edited by Calamity Jane

very nice jane, i don't see you staying B class for very long.

Me either. After meeting her at camp a few years back and running into her at Limited Nats last year, I finally got to shoot with Jane at the match on Saturday. When she let loose on our 1st stage, I was stunned. I don't want her to completely give up on Limited but she's obviously very comfortable behind a dot and serious about continuing to improve.

We had big fun pulling the trigger together.

very nice jane, i don't see you staying B class for very long.

Me either. After meeting her at camp a few years back and running into her at Limited Nats last year, I finally got to shoot with Jane at the match on Saturday. When she let loose on our 1st stage, I was stunned. I don't want her to completely give up on Limited but she's obviously very comfortable behind a dot and serious about continuing to improve.

We had big fun pulling the trigger together.

Yes we did! That's not the only thing we did together. Renee taught me how to eat crawlfish!! YUMMY!!! I downed 3 lbs of crawlfish like a true cajun! The only mistake I made was not having a beer with it. And...Renee...You were right about the contact thing. When I took my contacts out that night I SCREAMED in pain!! :lol: Wore my glasses home the next day ;)

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Renee who ALWAYS makes me feel welcome. Thank you girlfriend. :cheers:

I downed 3 lbs of crawlfish like a true cajun!

True cajun starts at 3 lbs? When I was there, honorary status was 5 minimum and there had to be witnesses!!! :blink:

I would kill for a paper covered table, a pile of boil and some cold one right now.

And...Renee...You were right about the contact thing. When I took my contacts out that night I SCREAMED in pain!! :lol: Wore my glasses home the next day ;)

No surgical gloves in your luggage? :P :P I looked at the results --- and everyone else is right on. You're out of B class! I'm glad to hear it's all paying off.....

THANK YOU everyone for all the encouraging words!! I really do appreciate it. :cheers:

I've been trying to catch up at home and process my experience at camp.

Ladies Camp Summary

Ladies camp has been a positive experience BOTH times I have attended. The first time I went back in 2005 it was a place I found I belonged. I left camp in 2005 believing I could really develop into a shooter one day. The 2008 camp allowed me to return a more confident and developed shooter and once again experience the fellowship of being with women shooters.

The aspect I most enjoy is meeting other lady shooters. I have met some exceptional women over the last few years. The one person who is everyone's BFF is Deb Ferns. Coming into contact with this lady is like drinking 3 cappicinos. I LOVE HER! The energy that she radiates is contagious. Her dedication to the promotion of ladies shooting in USPSA I greatly admire. She has a gift. She's smart, energetic, funny, and knows how to handle the press. What a treasure! But Deb is only one of many incredible women. When you ask what these women to do for livings it is astounding. I'm not going to tell you....but many of these women have very important jobs. You can't judge a book by it's cover and I dare say you can't judge a woman by her cover either. ;)

One of the things I wanted to accomplish at this camp was to encourgage others as I was encouraged. I wanted to give back what I had been given. I hope I accomplished that.

This camp is a great opportunity for women who are just starting out in this sport. It provides a place where they can receive encouragement and a place where there are other women like them who shoot. It's also a place where they can walk away feeling a little more confident in their ability. I would reccommend it to other women as a starting point.

I'm grateful to our instructors: Kay, Lisa, Judy, Sheila, Athena. Sheila has the most delightful dry humor. I really enjoyed my time with her. Judy has the patience of Job. And Kay, Lisa, and Athena....are just them...power puff girls ;) Thank you ladies!

Calamity Jane and the Media

Deb Ferns picked me up at the airport last weekend. While we were waiting for another lady to arrive I complimented her on the piece she did for NBC nightly news. This conversation launched another conversation on how to talk to the media. Deb was trying to teach me that you have to think and talk in 6 second sound bites. She is brilliant at it. :bow: She made it sound so easy….

Shooting USA was at the Lady Smith Match. The camera men were filming many lady shooters throughout the match. During my steel runs I caught in my vision the camera zoomed in on me. I hate to admitt it but it did distract me a little. I didn't have very good runs. One of the things I didn't even think about preparing mentally for was dealing with the media! :surprise: Afterward I went up to the cameraman and poked my index finger in his chest, with a smile on my face, I told him I saw him out of the corner of my eye and my crummy run better not make Shooting USA! OK so a woman with orange eyes, holstered gun is poking you in the chest …what would you do? :o We joked around. I told him if he DID put me on TV I better look thin! :P

Later, and I kind of suspected this may happen, the camera boys asked if they could interview me. Coach…you know where this is going… I said yes, ofcourse. They caught me at the safe table. I didn't know what to do with my hands so I had one hand up leaning on a support of the safe table and the other hand in my pocket. There are those who would describe this as "striking a pose". Hope my posture doesn’t come across as arrogant..cause I'm not. I think I may be safe on this one cause I once again threatened the camera man to make me look thin...so I think he was zoomed in on my face. B) The questions were as one would expect. How long have you been shooting? Have you been to the camp before? How can you encourage the other lady shooters? Stuff like that. So what's the problem?? I didn't talk in 6 second sound bites! After the interview I begged them :bow: to piece together 6 seconds that didn't make me look like an idiot.

OK what did I say wrong?? This…..

"I would describe myself as a spiritual shooter." :wacko:

What I was trying to communicate was the empowerment that I have felt by participating in this sport. That I shoot for the internal reward. That shooting has allowed me to tap into and exercise my inner power. Why couldn't I have just said…shooting makes me feel empowered. I'm going to look like a nut!

"Women have a lot of mental things to overcome in a male dominated sport and I feel like I can help them with that because I have been there."

Now this is a true statement but could go a lot of different directions. I'm worried about how the "male dominated sport" thing will play out. The feminist minded could interpret what I said as trying to communicate that you boys are a bunch of mean men who don't want women…and that is not true!!! Women DO have mental obstacles. Dealing with feelings of intimidation and lack of confidence are the first hurdles that must be crossed. As far as intimidation goes...it's mostly what occurs in our minds. It has been my experience with USPSA that there are very few true "intimidators". Most of the men I have met in this sport have been very encouraging to me. The intimidation comes from being the only woman out there OR one of the few women out there in a male dominated sport. The other obstacle is confidence. Both men and women must overcome this hill in order to succeed.

I don't know what else I said…but if you see my interview on Shooting USA know that I'm not as smooth as Deb and my mouth doesn't talk in 6 second sound bites. THIS IS WHY TV CAMERAS SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM CALAMITY JANE!!

I think I can best serve the sport with my writing. I write better than I speak and I do intend to one day write about my journey of empowerment through the shooting sports. Until then I'm going to try to keep my mouth shut when a TV camera is around. ;)

Jane, *IT IS* a male dominated sport, but that doesnt mean that us males *are dominant*. There just happens to be more of us, than there does women.

Just like racing (auto, bicycle, running) ...... just like fighting (boxing, wrestling, martial arts, etc.) ....... and just like most other sports (football, baseball, basketball, etc.) ........... there are MORE MEN than there are women. But that doesn't make them any better at their particular skills. A skill has to be learned by men as much as it does by women.

And by the way I don't think women shooters have any more mental/physical obstacles to overcome than men do. I truly believe that you just need more exposure ... more experience ... more practice under your belt. ..... just like all newer shooters, you will get there someday. Keep at it, Jane. You're doing fine. :cheers:

Jane, *IT IS* a male dominated sport, but that doesnt mean that us males *are dominant*. There just happens to be more of us, than there does women.

Just like racing (auto, bicycle, running) ...... just like fighting (boxing, wrestling, martial arts, etc.) ....... and just like most other sports (football, baseball, basketball, etc.) ........... there are MORE MEN than there are women. But that doesn't make them any better at their particular skills. A skill has to be learned by men as much as it does by women.

And by the way I don't think women shooters have any more mental/physical obstacles to overcome than men do. I truly believe that you just need more exposure ... more experience ... more practice under your belt. ..... just like all newer shooters, you will get there someday. Keep at it, Jane. You're doing fine. :cheers:

I think that is what I said in my previous post. Perhaps I'm not a very good communicator even in my writing?? Trying to keep the male/female thing out of it let me explain it this way. Women have to come to terms mentally with being a MINORITY. The feelings of intimidation are not gender related but are related to being a minority. ALL women who step onto the playing field of IPSC shooting have to come to terms with this in their head.

Yep… and I can hardly wait to show you my skill. B)

And by the way I don't think women shooters have any more mental/physical obstacles to overcome than men do.

Chris, I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Women do have mental and physical obstacles that are different from men in this sport. I'm not complaining about that I'm just stating it as a fact. Perhaps one day I will write about this. ;)

After 20 years of marriage, Dave says to me last night …"I've come to realize that your brain doesn't work like mine" :surprise: He's always known my brain doesn't work like his…it's just recently he's decided that it's OK that it doesn't. We are fearfully and wonderfully made and we are different…male and female. When we embrace our differences and join together…then we can experience what we were truly created to be.

After 20 years of marriage, Dave says to me last night …"I've come to realize that your brain doesn't work like mine" :surprise: He's always known my brain doesn't work like his…it's just recently he's decided that it's OK that it doesn't. We are fearfully and wonderfully made and we are different…male and female. When we embrace our differences and join together…then we can experience what we were truly created to be.

So --- are Dave and you really talking about the difference in function of male and female brains, or are you simply talking about differences in two individual human brains?

He's always known my brain doesn't work like his…it's just recently he's decided that it's OK that it doesn't. When we embrace our differences and join together…then we can experience what we were truly created to be.

I think that's one of the coolest realizations to come to in life --- the total acceptance that this is how it is, and embracing that concept, rather than struggling against it.

Yes I can visualize the conversations with the camera guys and their crew. I have seen it before. But I bet the old experience guided you in this latest one.

I have to agree with you that women do have more things mentally to overcome in this sport or any other male dominated sport. Call this insight a by product of my gender training last fall.

Jane,

You're an inspiration to us all !

I liked reading this thread and seeing it evolve.

2 things.

#1 The whole "winning" thing.....

I had a good friend that was a top notch shooter in our department.

One of the best in our tactical team also.

He had a kind of rivalry going on with another team member and we were scheduled for a range day.

My friend always shot around 295-300 out of a possible 300 while this other guy was no where near those scores. His best was around 275-280.

When we were making our way to the range my friend was obsessed with beating this other guy.

I told him "forget ----- and just go there and shoot like you always do and you WILL win."

He took his position on the range right next to this other guy (big mistake) and proceeded to lose horribly.

He was so busy looking at the other guys target that he shot a 265 and the other guy who paid attention to his own target and shooting shot his usual 275 or 280 and beat my friend.

On the way back to our base my friend was saying how "so and so beat me this way or that way" and finally I stopped the truck and looked right at him and said "No. HE did not beat you. YOU beat yourself."

I think this is the essence of our sport and what makes it unique.

It is the only sport where you are your own opponent and no one can do anything to you to affect your performance EXCEPT you.

Unless you let people play mind games and get in your head.

#2. as a young police officer I had a training officer who taught me the "Rules For a Successful Police Career"

Rule1 "Never tell "them" anything more than they need to know." (Kind of like the CIA keep it secret)

Rule 2 was "Don't ask...because they will say no. Better to ask forgiveness than permission." (Was that wrong? I'm sorry. If I had known that was wrong I NEVER would have done that.)

and Rule 3 was "There is no such thing as good publicity...stay the hell away from the cameras." (They ask innocent sounding qustions and then with a little creative splicing they make you look like Adolf Hitler.)

He has been proven right on more occasions than I can count.

I hope to see you collecting many trophies and awards in the future and I wish you nothing but "A" hits, kind interviewers, and nice cameramen.

JK

• 2 weeks later...

Losing the Battle and Winning the War

“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without defeat”

Sun Tzu

The title of my diary is “training to win” and that is EXACTLY what I am doing. I am SOOO winning the war it makes my head spin. Did I get beat at A6? Absolutely! I most definitely lost that battle but I can’t express how profoundly beneficial that lost was to me in my process to win. I know it doesn’t make sense how losing can lead to winning…but it does.

I had the wonderful opportunity to shoot with Kay, Lisa, and Eva (2008 World Shoot Open Team) It was the first time I have had the opportunity to go toe to toe with the best. Kay and Lisa have dominated the sport for the last 2 decades. They have been my heros, my mentors, and now my competitors. They took me to school and I paid attention. What I gained was a deeper confidence in myself which is much more dangerous than a win. Kay is the grand master of competitors. The woman shoots solid points with pretty good speed…not super fast…not slow…with competitive speed that allows her to get great hits….and she wins. She wins more than she looses. She is the turtle that beats the rabbit most of the time. When you watch her it’s not that exciting…but she wins and wins and wins….and the rabbit always thinks they can beat her…and sometimes they do…but mostly she wins. Well done Kay! In my mind you are the matriarch of the sport….I know there were others before you….but in my mind…you are the begining.

Lessons learned from A6

1. How to start a match

I gave any hope of winning away on the first stage by shooting 3 mikes. There was a tremendous mental battle going on within me. I won the mental battle but the cost was mikes. I started on Fluffy’s. The mental battle was one that lingered from my Nationals experience in September. At that Nationals I didn’t shoot with confidence or the aggression I had hoped. Remember this entry posted while I was shooting Nationals from my last diary

"NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP"

Winston Chruchill

There are times in life when the battle must be won. Too much is invested to quit. I can not quit.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new match. I lost today's match but I'm going to win tomorrow. I've identified what I would like to do differently. The biggest thing I want to change is how I feel behind the gun. I'm shooting with timidity. I want to shoot with a strong heart not a timid one. Tomorrow I will be brave while still keeping my eye on the front sight

I had to undo that major match timidity in my mind and for me that meant shooting very aggressively and not backing down. The trouble was…I didn’t have great control of the gun related to first stage jitters. Kay comes up to me after the stage and says, “Don’t get mad. I can’t tell you how many matches I have lost on the first stage. That’s why I always try to start my first stage in control.” The woman is EXACTLY right!! Lesson learned: First stage at a major match…get on the score board SOLID.

2. Time the dog gone activators in real time

Can I just say Dave Re has NEVER taken me down a wrong path and A6 was no different. He told me the mover on Brian’s House stage took 3 seconds to activate. I believed him…I did…really…and then the RO activated the popper that activated the mover and it immediately deployed and was fast!! My plan wasn’t going to work if it was that fast so I changed my plan. I was the first one to shoot it in my squad. So I get to the end and activate the popper that activated the mover…then I move to the door to shoot it…AND IT’S NOT THERE!!! I’m standing there waiting for it and it’s not there…so I decide to shoot the small plate and then it’s there and I have to rush to get it..and then I’m not sure I got the small plate because I transitioned so fast…but I did..and then I moved to the popper that activated the swinger..and OMG it was a mess!!!! Why didn’t I just listen to DAVE RE!!! <_< So lesson learned…first….listen to your good buddy Dave Re and second… time the activators in real time meaning when shot by others.

3. Glorious endings are not always wise

At the end of Stage 4 there was a wall with a popper positioned in a most difficult spot. It was easy to engage with your strong hand, but to do it free style it required quite a lean. So I get to the end and I’m blazing. I make a very aggressive speedy ending which causes my body to start to fall out of the fault lines and I get the hard to reach popper in mid air. IT WAS SO COOL! I didn’t know I could do that. I didn’t plan it…it just sort of happened. The trouble was I went so fast I missed another popper and had a miss on the paper target next to the hard to hit steel. OK I messed up…but it was so gloriously cool! Glorious is not always wise. ;)

4. Don’t let Jerry get into your head

OK you all know Jerry doesn’t talk…right? I mean the guy doesn’t talk. And that’s OK. I accept, admire and like Jerry and Kay just the way they are. So after shooting with Jerry for about a day and half….he comes up TO ME and starts to talk!! Jerry is talking to ME and commenting on my good shooting. Jerry noticed ME and talked to ME! That’s all I’m saying. B)

5. Never miss an opportunity to recruit a sponsor.

We all know Dave Re is representing Brazos custom guns this season…and doing a pretty darn good job IMO. Because of this I had the opportunity to meet Bob. I didn’t miss the opportunity to tell him that he builds great guns and that maybe one day he would build one for me. I stopped short of telling him I looked good in yellow and I already had the black pants….and I stopped short of painting a picture of Dave Re and me shooting the circuit together like Dave Sevigny and Julie Goloski selling guns by the boat loads. I thought about it…but refrained. Never miss an opportunity to meet those who could one day help you. :rolleyes:

6. Don't talk smack at Chrono until AFTER you've made major.

OK so the last time I saw Ken Skeeters was at Nationals where he had the unfortunate oppotunity to minor BOTH my husband and I. So to prepare for this match we chrono our loads in Indiana, 50 degrees, with a light rain. You can't get your bullet much slower than that!! AND in Indiana at those conditions I was 170 pf. SOOO when I saw my good buddy Ken I couldn't refrain talking some smack... like saying.."You're not going to take any points away from me today. I've loaded these rounds myself and I KNOW they are going to make it." And I sat down at a table feeling pretty smug. It was only when people started coming out of chrono with puzzled looks on their faces that I started feeling a little regret for talking smack. What was my fate....165.5 pf Ken almost got me again!! What's up with Ken's chrono??? How can loads that chrono on a cool, cloudy, rainy day be 170 and in sunny 74 degree Atlanta be 165.5???? WHATEVER! :angry2:

7. Remember the things you did right

I did SO many things RIGHT at this match it wasn’t funny. My mental programs were some of the best I’ve ever done. I’m getting a higher level of visualization than I have in the past. My hydration and nutrition management was spot on. How I felt behind the gun…the quiet…it was there. My dry fire warm up…I’ve figured out what that is and it is really working well for me. My point of attitude during the entire match I thought was really good. Honestly…I know I lost but I SERIOUSLY gained some ground competitively. :sight:

So there you have it. I’ve completed what I call a training cycle and I’m pleased as punch. I’m beginning another training cycle that will end after A5 in June. I’m really looking forward to this next training cycle. I’m just clearing my throat…I haven’t even begun to sing. This next cycle will tell more of the tale. :D

It was great to see many of you people at the range. Thanks for a great A6! Dave and I really enjoyed our weekend. :cheers:

Edited by Calamity Jane

Jane,

It was an honor to shoot with you and David. David was often encouraging for me as well. You ladies are at the top of your game and you keep to yourself a lot. You are there to win and you're very serious about it. I'm still in the "having fun" stages so I probably yapped a little too much. I respect the hard core mentality you expressed during the match, but can I add something? Through all of your serious thought during the match and concentration, your smile made the rain go away. You and the other ladies were inspirational for my wife. Hopefully she'll be shooting beside you and learning from your experience. You did an awesome job, and I learned from you as well.

Edited by kgunz11