Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practice Is Cheating!

rhino

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

down0--

Hmmm... sounds like two little lies back-to-back.... ;)

SiGLady,

maybe those are not little lies...

to me it sounds like a child had just come in his home :lol:

Probably he doesn't smoke anymore either!

(been there...done that!).

• 3 weeks later...

Before any ugly rumors get out of hand, I was not practicing with twix yesterday.

I was merely zeroing my pistol, ensuring that it shot to point of aim at various distances, and firing to make sure it functions properly.

Any actions on my part which may be misconstrued as "practice" are unfounded!

Nor was I "practicing" with my teammate* on Thursday afternoon nor was he letting me blast off a few in his league revolver (just checking) nor were we making deals about my closetful of .40S&W ammo...... And no way did I blow away the usual 200-300 rds in both guns. I was just checking to see if my gunsmith's reloaded ammo was OK. ;):P One has to keep an eye on these kinds of things--often.

*Wait, he's married and that sounded downright tawdry...! :rolleyes:

zorba--

You'd be surprised how many things fall under the category of "cheating" or "practicing"...... :lol:

Zeroing is a form of cheating to, yes ? :P

Only if you leave your sights alone after you do it.

I close my eyes and click the sights around for a while after I have them set properly. That makes things more exciting at the range when I shoot a match. :rolleyes:

SiG Chick . . . as usual, you're right on track! We reach! ;)

How dare you accuse me of . . . of . . . practicing! <ptooey!> :P:P:P

Thanks . . . and you were not very far behind me. You waxed me on stage 1 for sure! Maybe YOU are the one who has been practicing! :lol:

I did not, repeat DID NOT enjoy the heat and humidity. I forced the fluids before, during, and after, but it still sucked righteously.

Did you have any problems?

The heat and pachyderms do not mix, methinks! This rhino prefers the cool, cool, cool weather! B)

Nope no cheating goin' on round here! Not enough time. Seems like work takes up more and more time but it pays for the toys. ;)

I didn't have to force fluids but I tended to take to much and felt sluggish. I'm with you - Better to shoot in 40 degree weather than 90 degrees.

The only problem was shagging brass. Wanted to go to the ground when I bent over. Decided after stage two someone else could have the brass. It wasn't worth a mouth full of gravel.

Nope no cheating goin' on round here! Not enough time. Seems like work takes up more and more time but it pays for the toys. ;)

I didn't have to force fluids but I tended to take to much and felt sluggish. I'm with you - Better to shoot in 40 degree weather than 90 degrees.

The only problem was shagging brass. Wanted to go to the ground when I bent over. Decided after stage two someone else could have the brass. It wasn't worth a mouth full of gravel.

When it's that hot, I don't even try to help tape targets anymore. I figure it's easier for my squad mates to paste and shag brass for me (we didn't get much brass this either) than it would be for them to lift me into the ambulance after I collapsed! ;)

• 2 months later...

Oh, in case anyone reads the topic about shooting shotgun slugs and gets the crazy idea I was practicing today, don't even think it!

I was merely seeing where the point of impact was at 100 yards, and then I was just seeing how much I could make my shoulder hurt. There was no practicing involved!

And the pistol shooting I did was a mixture of plinking and function testing. On the bright side, I think I now have my 18-rd mag for my Para P14.45 working okay! I may actually start shooting limited again.

On the other hand, when I was function testing and plinking, my shots were hitting all over the place. I blame the gun.

No, and I didn't fire off 100 rds more than usual during the last two "cheating" sessions at the range, either, thereby having a interesting practice session. Definitely something wrong with the Kimber here because the bullets seemed to be hitting the center of the target a lot. Must go to the range again twice this week and find out why this interesting-ness happened. It might take an extra 3-400 rds to determine the problem but I think I can handle it. :lol::lol::lol:

No, and I didn't fire off 100 rds more than usual during the last two "cheating" sessions at the range, either, thereby having a interesting practice session. Definitely something wrong with the Kimber here because the bullets seemed to be hitting the center of the target a lot. Must go to the range again twice this week and find out why this interesting-ness happened. It might take an extra 3-400 rds to determine the problem but I think I can handle it. :lol::lol::lol:

Be very, very careful!

If you accidentally practice while doing any of that, you run the risk of improving. And we all know that improvement leads to moving up in class, and that would be wrong! B)

You are going to have to let me know when and where you are not practicing sometime so I can go and not practice too.

Yeah!

Sunday I won't be practicing during the match at So. Central CC near Freetown, IN.

And then if twix is available on Tuesday, I probably won't be practicing then too. It'll probably be after we gorge ourselves that the Spring Garden buffet (in Crawfordsville, IN) as they transition from breakfast to lunch. Then to the C'ville gun club where twix will practice while I watch and occasionally function test whatever is handy.

I'm not sure on the time . . . it'll be about an hour and a half after twix calls and tells me he's on the way. He'll be there in about 45 minutes, but I'm always late!. Only practicers practice punctuality! :P

This past Tuesday, while twix was practicing and I absolutely was not, we met a couple of national guard guys. I think they practiced after we left, but I won't report them for it.

(rhino) "If you accidentally practice while doing any of that, you run the risk of improving. And we all know that improvement leads to moving up in class, and that would be wrong!"
...Problem is, I associate with a lot of other 'cheaters' who seem to do a lot of 'gun testing' at the range as well. Moving up in class will take a LOT of "cheating", I'm sure! :lol::lol:

What a dilemma! Out-cheating the cheaters!!! Aaaarrgghh...!!

...Problem is, I associate with a lot of other 'cheaters' who seem to do a lot of 'gun testing' at the range as well. Moving up in class will take a LOT of "cheating", I'm sure! :lol::lol:

What a dilemma! Out-cheating the cheaters!!! Aaaarrgghh...!!

I have to say it . . .

We're known by the company we keep! :P