Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 FLORIDA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

DATE HAS CHANGED TO MARCH 28-30, 2008

The dates for the Florida State Championship Match had to be changed.

It is going to be held March 28, 29, and 30th, 2008. That is the 5th week end of March.

The dates had to be changed because they were the same dates as the 24 hours of Sebring Race and there are few (if any) rooms available in the area for those dates. The 4th week end of March 2008 is Easter week end so we had no choice but to go to the 5th week end.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This match is another one not to miss. Its been pretty close to the Fla Open as far as stage layout and targets. Some of the starting postions are modified and targets moved around. This match was my second match I ever shot in USPSA and it was a pleasure. I hold other matches to this ones standards. Great payout, awards, competitors and entry fee. Unfortunately I wont be in Fla at that time of the year, so I chose to shoot the Open instead. I'll miss it this year, its been a corner stone in my shooting career to kick off the year. The Open is pretty competitive and Im looking foreward to it. Anyone that wants to shoot a Fla Open at a cheaper price this is the match. H

DATE HAS CHANGED TO MARCH 28-30, 2008

The dates for the Florida State Championship Match had to be changed.

It is going to be held March 28, 29, and 30th, 2008. That is the 5th week end of March.

The dates had to be changed because they were the same dates as the 24 hours of Sebring Race and there are few (if any) rooms available in the area for those dates. The 4th week end of March 2008 is Easter week end so we had no choice but to go to the 5th week end.

Are we still using the original applications with the March 14-16 dates, or will you be posring new ones?

• 1 month later...

Entry Paperwork for the Colón Clan went out today. Shooting the Saturday pm - Sunday am schedule.

Lookin' forward to it! Who else?

Pagin' ZHunter...

Edited by Nemo

We are being dangerbirds and staying at the Super 8 in Lake Wales. :)

I stayed there my first year shooting the FLA State. The bathroom looked like they just got done cleaning up a crime scene! Although another hotel in the area, which was a little cleaner got hit by burglars and several people had guns stolen outta their vehicles. Who in the hell would leave a gun in a vehicle overnight anyway. H

• 4 weeks later...

Ok folks, now that we have th Open behind us, it is time to start focusing on the State match.

There is still time to register before the price goes up (March 1st) and there is still some flexibility in squadding.

Here is the application: http://tbspc.org/FL08ENTRY.HTML

Don't wait until the last minute as the price will be higher and there will be much less flexibility in the squadding.

Leo

Ok folks, now that we have th Open behind us, it is time to start focusing on the State match.

There is still time to register before the price goes up (March 1st) and there is still some flexibility in squadding.

Here is the application: http://tbspc.org/FL08ENTRY.HTML

Don't wait until the last minute as the price will be higher and there will be much less flexibility in the squadding.

Leo

Leo are the stages being posted on line this year?

PAT

PAT

Pat,

Not that I am aware of, but you should be familiar with the Dr. Collins (start in the box and shoot them as you can see them) type of stages.

There will be 10 stages with a total of 294 rounds.

DO NOT zero your gun at 10-15 yards and think that it will be fine, it will not be.

Be prepared to shoot plates at 25+ yards and you will be fine.

Lots of run and gun field courses with mostly open targets ... you know, easy ones like at the Open! ;)

Edited by L9X25

PAT

Pat,

Not that I am aware of, but you should be familiar with the Dr. Collins (start in the box and shoot them as you can see them) type of stages.

DO NOT zero your gun at 10-15 yards and think that it will be fine, it will not be.

Lots of run and gun field courses with mostly open targets ... you know, easy ones like at the Open! ;)

We all know about the good Dr. :devil:

pat

PAT

Pat,

Leo,

Turtle/Amoeba targets like the Open too?

Leo,

Turtle/Amoeba targets like the Open too?

I seriously doubt it. Traditionally they have used the usual metric (headed) target for the match, but that might not stop them from having a stage or two with the turtle/amoeba targets.

Leo

• 2 weeks later...

If you have not already sent in your application, you are in luck. When the match date was changed from the 3rd weekend to the 5th, they forgot to change the date when the match fees go up. You can still register at the lower rate until March 15th. The online match application has been changed to reflect that fact also.

Hurry up and get those applications mailed before the fees go up!

Edited by L9X25

Slots ARE still available for the Saturday AM and Sunday PM schedule.

The Saturday PM and Sunday AM schedule is FULL and there are folks on the waiting list.

The squadding will be handled the old way for this match, and there is still some squadding flexibility available. As always, the sooner you send in your application, the more squadding flexibility you will have.

If you have not already sent in your application, you are in luck. When the match date was changed from the 2nd weekend to the 4th, they forgot to change the date when the match fees go up. You can still register at the lower rate until March 15th. The online match application has been changed to reflect that fact also.

Hurry up and get those applications mailed before the fees go up!

Isn't it the 5th weekend?