Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ATT unhappy employees

cking

I call ATT to upgrade my phone and plan. My contracts so old it won't let me upgrade online. Says call then number. So after 30 minutes I finally order two new Razor3 and new two year plan. Says in 7/10 days you'll get your phones.

Three weeks go by and nothing. So I call wednesday before thanksgiving. An hour on hold and I get a guy who says his name is JESTER SHAW 877 723 7538, says his system is down. You can hear the party in back ground. Please call us on Monday.

So I call this morning and I get the Arizona travel bureau!!!!!! Get it JESTER!!!!!!!

So I start over this morning, another 35 minutes and my order finally get placed.

Also my company gets a 15% discount so I ask for that. They tell me I can't get it on my old plan because it predates the merger. Will only apply to my new plane. This months bill shows up with the discount on it.

These super size American companys are sure getting awful. First it was Citibank, they lost there database and I started gettting charges from France, Albania, Kuwait. Now ATT can't figure out what either hand is doing.

Thank goodness brownells, doesn't send me to India/Pakistan for support!!!!!!!

This is true of any telecom company. The whole industry has forgotten anything they ever knew about customer service. This is one of the reasons I got out of CS. Beware of outside agencies calling to redo your ATT plan as well. ATT has authorised some outside vendors to act as their agents in renegotiating your contract. Unfortunately they promise anything you ask regardless of whether it is actually available or not and then the joke is on you when you get the first bill. Always ask if you are talking directly to an ATT employee before letting them change anything concerning your account or service. These guys are very good at making themselves sound like ATT employees since this is how they make their living.

Edited by ipscbob

This is not a Rebuttal! this is a similar story, i didn't want to start a new thread.

this all started 9/1/2007.

i've had a family plan with verizon for many years. my son need a pda type phone for medical school (to be able to download reference text), however, the contract didn't end november 2007. verizon had a hype going stating that you can renew your contract and upgrade your phone two months before the ending of you contract. i though, if i go into a store a couple of days before the the two month period, maybe they'd cut me a break, (without a contract the pda phone was around $600, with a contract it was $199).

so, i go to the verizon store and the saga begins. i asked the CSR since it was a couple of days before the next month, could i go a head and upgrade my son's phone. the CSR pulls my account up and says there's nothing he can do until the next month. i say thanks, and leave.

i go home to see if i can maybe get something done online (you can view your verizon account online). when i pulled my account up, i noticed there was another phone number on my account! WTF? i call the customer support number (not india). they tell me this is an air card i got at the store. i told them i didn't get an air card or anything at that store today. they said i'd have to go back to the store to get it straightened out. well off i go.

i get to the store, show the number, tell them i just came in to ask a question and get this air card on my account and want it taken off. they said they take care of it, no problem, some times accounts are left open by mistake (yeah right!). now, remember this was 9/1/07.

my bill usually comes in around the 20th of the month, guess what? the air card number is still on my accont with a charge of $50 + all the fees. i get my bill and go to the store, again. the manger said she take care of it for me. a few days later i check my account again. there's $50.00 + fees credit on my account, but the air card number still shows up as if i own it.

around the middle of october i go back to the store and show the manager that the air card is still on my account and i'm still being charged. she said definitely, she will fix it this time. i was steaming, but let it go this time.

the first of november, i check my online account. the air card number is gone, but now there is $175 + taxes, fees and late fee(for early termination of contract) which puts this part of the bill at $208.00!!! WTF?!!! i call the customer support number again, they are very sorry and will correct the charge.

the bill comes in november 20th. there's a credit of only $175. there's a balance of $31 + a $5.00 late fee. they failed to credit the taxes and usage fees, of course. so finally i call again on nov. 23, 2007 and they have take the $36 off my bill.

i sure hope this is the end of this saga.

lynn

it always ends in there favor!!! Corporate theft, should be punishable.

I was in a car accident awhile back. took ambulance, bill $571.00.

So I have them bill my auto insurance, and give them my health insurance also. They bill both collect from both. Then send me a bill saying I still owe them $134.00.

I call they put me on hold, then come back and say oh yell well your bill is paid in full, and we are sending a refund to health insurance group.

I am having pretty good luck with U. S. Cellular and BlackBerry the last 8 months.

They stood behind their phone insurance too.

I ran over my phone leaving (don't ask) OOPS;notified them and had a new phone in less than 48 hours.

Edited by Front Man

Not a rebuttal but an addition.. Don't get me Started about Sprint! Since the "company" I work for has switched to Sprint, we've noticed a marked increase in nationwide network outages. Unfortunately MCI is no longer available for that sort of thing having been sucked up by mergers and aquisitions!

Thirty years ago you could walk into your towns phone company central office, pay your bill, or open a trouble ticket.

With the trouble ticket, the lady at the front desk would walk it over to the guy at the test board, who would test your line, trouble shoot the problem, and walk the ticket over to the cable repair boss who would send one of his guys out to fix your line.

All these people were local, you'd see them in church or at the grocery store.

Those days are over !

These days the bean counters who run all the phone companies build huge call centers hundreds of miles from us, or possibly overseas. These people get micro-managed by idiot bosses who are cracking the whip to get there next bonus check. None of them give a sh*t about your service.

None of the cell-phone companies have good service.

And you folks are spending your money with these companies why? After getting the runaround from AT&T I would never have renewed my service with them! Until people learn to vote with their feet the telecoms will never change. I know, it's easy for me to say since I don't have a cell or pager or... I love being out of touch!

CYa,

Pat

I would vote with my feet if I could get service where I live from anybody else. I hate ATT which used to be BellSouth. Can't get DSL either!

I've been all the way to the public service commission when I worked for K-12 rural schools about connectivity. Bellsouth bought everybody off with few small grants to keep there mouths shut.

Aghh,,,,,I don't even want to get started.....

In my life, the only bill I never paid, and never will pay, is with AT&T. And from second hand experience, I'd say another phone company with maybe even crappier customer service is Sprint.

be

We got T-Mobile a couple of years ago with the plan where all long distance calls on the weekend were "free".... sounds great, but their network was so overloaded it was completely impossible to get a call through on any weekend in our area.

Seriously.

They finally expanded their cell capacity so we can get through...sometimes.....

Talk about a ripoff.