Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition shooters that steal

ap3

I hate people that sell you something, say it got lost in the mail after they have gotten your money, and then not return phone calls, answer emails, or even have the guts to tell you they are not going to refund your money.

Edited by ap3

Wow. that stinks!!!

I guess I have been lucky.

I have done a couple of "group deals" in the past 6 weeks here in Enos and put up my money up front, and NOT ONE person has disappointed me!!!

The BEnoverse is the best!!!

Wow. that stinks!!!

I guess I have been lucky.

I have done a couple of "group deals" in the past 6 weeks here in Enos and put up my money up front, and NOT ONE person has disappointed me!!!

The BEnoverse is the best!!!

+1

I have done a lot of buying and selling with other forum members.

I have often received funds from buyers that relied on good faith from me.

I have also gone out on a limb more than once by sending certified funds and waiting for the seller to ship the goods.

Some of the transactions involved thousands of dollars for expensive race guns.

I have never been disappointed.

I tend to invest more trust in fellow shooters and sure that's true for most of us.

It's always a shame when that trust is violated.

I hope your situation gets resolved.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

I too have bought and sold several items here recently. You definitely put a lot of trust in people when you send big money and guns across the country.

I am glad to report all of my experiences here have been postitve. Good luck with your situation.

In my experience, 98% of the time, when dealing with competition shooters, square deals have been the rule. You should know however, that in almost EVERY group there are some bad apples. Unfortunately I know from experience there is at least one on this forum. Also unfortunate, is that there doesn't seem to be any good way I know of to warn others.

That really sucks.

I've dealt with folks from various forums over the years with 100% success.

The buying and selling I've done on this forum has been the smoothest.

A certain individual who may not want to be named freaked me out when he sent me a gun with instructions to check it out and pay him if I liked it. Needless to say, I liked it :D

As a seller, I do everything possible to make sure the item goes out the day after I receive the money.

There really should be a way to get the word out on folks who will screw you over. Maybe we could sign up for a master list of those who would like to receive deadbeat info by PM.

You guys know that if you ever have a bad transaction here on the forums, let a mod know.

One way or another we will resolve it.

New Hate Criteria:

Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, the NRA, or Match Directors - are NOT PERMITTED.

Closed.

I received this PM earlier today and wanted to share it with the rest of the forum as it pertains to this thread:

I don't understand why the forum can't have a "black list" of sellers that are committing fraud. Selling item that are not what they say they are and selling items and not making sure the buyer gets them.

Lets say for an example that you sell me a pistol for $3000 and you indicate in your ad that it has only had 500 rounds through it and it is in pristine condition. I send the funds and you ship a well worn scratched up gun to me. You don't answer my calls, e-mails, or you tell me to shove it. I think I should be able to document the condition of the pistol with photos and send it to a moderator and have you blocked from the forum or at least from using the classified section. The minimum punishment should be a black list with your name on it and it would serve as a warning for all buyers to beware of your dealings.

There are federal laws that pertain to interstate sales. If the seller sends a package and it doesn't make it to the buyer...that is civil. If the seller never sent the item, that's theft.

This forum has a duty to try and protect the members even if it is nothing more that posting on each classified add a warning.

Thank you, Mr. X

Mr. X, I completely agree that people who steal from others are the lowest form of life, and certainly do not deserve to be a part of our sport, nor our forums. There is a black list of members that have proven that they do not deserve to sell or buy here on the forums, nor participate with us here. Brian, Flexmoney, and the rest of the moderating team have delt with such people in the past, and have done everything that we can to keep them from victimizing others in the future.

By closing that thread, I was following the forum rules and attempting to prevent it from drifting into something that it need not be. The thread now has the attention of the forum community, and people will want to know who it was that is stealing from a fellow shooter. I encourage word of mouth (and word of private messages) to carry the name of this individual to others so that they can avoid him going forward.

Again Mr. X, I want to reiterate the fact that I, as well as the rest of the moderating team, cannot tolerate theifs, especially theifs that shoot amungst us. I would personally like this persons name so that we can keep an eye out for him in the future. I certainly appreciate your concern in this matter Mr. X. It shows that you have the same passion and moral compass that ties us shooters together.

DVC,

Micah Barcelo and the Moderating Team