Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Women and Deer Hunting

My Father-In-Law sat in the same stand for 45 years. He always urinated into the brush piled around his seat. That stand produced an average of 2.5 bucks per year for that 45 years. For what it is worth.

How many of those deer scored enough to make into the B&C record book?

Wow, I looked at the Michigan deer record books and just WOW :surprise:

Hobuncha deer over 200". I might need to go there hunting next year instead of Kentucky!

Edited by ima45dv8
Link to DeadAnimalPics removed pe forum guidelines

I felt confident there is not a thread on this so I didn't bother doing a search :lol:

I'm going hunting tomorrow with my brother. He came by the house today and we reviewed a bunch of safety stuff. I got fitted with my harness and practiced hanging from a tree in case I fall out of the ladder stand etc...BUT one thing we did not cover was where I would pee. The plan is to NOT pee...but if I did.... where? If I climb down and pee right at my tree stand...wouldn't the deer smell that?? I need advice. ;)

[smart-ass nursing student mode on] Aren't you Foley trained? :devil: :devil: [smart-ass nursing student mode off]

I felt confident there is not a thread on this so I didn't bother doing a search :lol:

I'm going hunting tomorrow with my brother. He came by the house today and we reviewed a bunch of safety stuff. I got fitted with my harness and practiced hanging from a tree in case I fall out of the ladder stand etc...BUT one thing we did not cover was where I would pee. The plan is to NOT pee...but if I did.... where? If I climb down and pee right at my tree stand...wouldn't the deer smell that?? I need advice. ;)

[smart-ass nursing student mode on] Aren't you Foley trained? :devil: :devil: [smart-ass nursing student mode off]

(Smart-ass RN mode on) Yes I am. However, I can't put one in because if I get an infection my insurance won't pay for that. (smart-ass RN mode off)

Everyone DOES realize this thread is a year old...right??

My brother pooped into a paper bag, which doesn't seem like a big deal until grampa decides he is going to clean up around the stand and picks up the bag and of course sticks his fingers into cold soggy poop. We thought it was pretty funny. He wouldn't eat for the rest of the day for some reason. :sick:

The conventional wisdom has always been not to do this anywhere near where you are hunting.

Since the stands are normally something of a hike from where we park our vehicles I normally make this the last thing I do before setting out to the stand.

Tls

This was always are way of thinking also. But thinking back on it now there have been many times when we hiked back to the truck and jumped deer right by it. Maybee Zhunter and the west texas bunch are onto something.

The one guy goes hunting on my farm goes out, drinks coffee, smokes cigarettes, and shoots deer. lol Granted, not the monster buck.... but I think deer in general aren't that spooky till they get shot at once. Bowhunting is a whole nuther story.