Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34

Suches

I recently got a new 34, and have a few of questions:

1. I understand that it came with a 3.5 lb. connector. I'm no gunsmith, but it doesn't feel like 3.5 to me. Should it?

2. A label on the box says "ADJ 3.5." What's adjustable about it?

3. The plastic adjustable sights don't seem too great for IDPA. Any suggestions?

4. I've read that Triton Hi-Master is great in the 34 for IDPA. Any experience with it? And where the heck do you get it? Nobody in my state (Ga.) carries it, and I can't find it in the catalogs of any internet dealers.

Thanks!

Do you have any experience with other glocks, and what connector did they have?

Otherwise it is hard for you to know how it should feel.

If it's a 3.5 lbs connector it will feel like that 3.5 lbs connector in that set up.

Maybe ADJ is about your sights, that's logical to me.

Because i am an IPSCshooter i can not tell you much about the IDPA

but first check out if it is legall to change the things you are planning.

Good luck with the G34

Adrie

Suches, Adrie's right! The ADJ is for the sights. The 3.5# connector MAY give you a 3.5# trigger but most likely not. If you get the internals polished, it MAY come down to 3.5#.

The stock sights suck! I went with the Mec-Gar Adjustable's and a North Pass HiViz for the front and have NO REGRETS!!!

Internal Tuning is allowed for IDPA as long as Safety and Safeties are maintained. For stock class, External changes include sights and Grip sleeves ONLY. You can do a bit more for ESP. Your G-34 fits into both classes.

Best advice is, shoot a few thousand rounds thru it and then figure out what it needs. Otherwise you'll just be pissing money away. You may get some things right, but chances are..........

Later,

Glockn...

The 3.5# connector does not make Glock pistol trigger a 3.5# unit. What I've found the biggest improvement to make is to change out the striker spring to a reduced power. Combine that with a polish job, and you'll get close to 3.5#. For sight, I changed my front sight to a unit from Dawson Precision, it works great with the factory rear (hint - take a magic marker and black out the stupid white outline in the rear sight.)

Suches,

The first 34 I bought didn't have the 3.5 connector even though the box was marked 3.5. But like everyone else has said you aren't going to get 3.5# trigger pull from a 3.5 connector without doing some other mods. If you do a search on Dale Rhea or Glock triggers in the forums you will find links to sites that tell you all kind of tricks to get 3.5# or less. You could easily get a legit 3.5 with a dremel, torch and the stock parts.

As for the sights very much a personal decision, I ran a hi-viz front with the standard adj rear in IDPA competition and did just fine (sharpshooter to expert and now master level).

I've just started shooting a buried bomar with a dawson front (trimmed down to .115). I thought the buried bomar looked sharp and wanted to try something new. The stock adj. rear with a hi-viz front (I recommend .090 green insert) is very reasonable and about $200 cheaper.

As for the white rear outlines, I love them. I even have them painted on my buried bo-mars and on the bo-mars on my 1911's.

A lot of IDPA shooters have gone to the Heine sight design. I like sights fully adjustable, so I went to bo-mar as a replacement. If you play with ammo keep your sights adjustable.

Most people I know shoot the cheapest ammo they can get; Wolf shoots very well, S&B, Wally world Win white box 100 rd value pack, cci blazer, or their own reloads. Actually, I know 1 guy who shoots cor-bon but I'm pretty sure one of his sponsors supplies that. Whatever you decide on shoot only that ammo, matches, practice, whatever the occasion.

Good luck

Seth Ritzman

On my 34 I had almost a 5 pound trigger stock out of the box, Just a sqeak under. So it made me wonder what connector was in it. I got to try a few of Nik's triggers and he recommended the Wolf reduced power striker spring, and the Lighting Strike striker and spring. Cost me about $16.00 and when installed, Mind you with no polishing or smoothing out anything( haven't got there yet) It dropped my trigger to 3.4 pounds. Shot a few hundred through it so far, And I am very pleased :D

Lose the sights...first thing i dumped were the adjustable plastic sights.

Went to a Dawson Fiber Optic front and a Heinie rear that is widened.

Flex...funny you talk about the reversal of the rear...just did that with my SIG 226 and find it to be a world of difference!

Opps. I had better pay attention.

Like vluc said...lose those factory ADJustable rear sight. I'd rather shoot without a rear sight, thean use that nasty sight picture (no joke).

The flip-the-sight-around trick was for the standard sights...if you don't like the white " l_l " outline.

KAL, checkout the Glock trigger job links in the FAQ's at the top of the forum. (polishing will make it that much better).