Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 SMM3G - Mesa, AZ

It's that time again...

The 2008 SMM3G Lottery Application is now available. Send in your application (or your group of up to four) to get into the 2008 SMM3G Lottery - to be held December 15, 2007. Check our main web site for more information.

http://www.smm3gun.com/

View the contacts page for additional information on staffing and sponsorship opportunities. http://www.smm3gun.com/contacts.html

A2Chic :ph34r:

a.k.a. Barbara LaMarca

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun (SMM3G)

Registration and Statistics

Rio Salado Sportsman's Club

Mesa, Arizona

rlamarca@cox.net

http://www.smm3gun.com

Match Sponsor:

DPMS Panther Arms

Is just a reminder? Or did I screw up and send my app and $ in too early?

Thank you

Patrick

Reference the following and note the date:

2008 (revised) SMM3G Lottery Rules have been posted on our web site. An application will be available soon.

2008_SMM3G_Application.doc

Applications are being accepted now - see also the lottery rules posted on the SMM3G web site.

Is just a reminder? Or did I screw up and send my app and $ in too early?

Thank you

Patrick

Just a reminder... haven't had the time to let those know that I've received their apps - I have a stack of ~= two dozen envelopes and will get through those this weekend. I'll send an email to let folks know I've received their app when it arrives in the POB.

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

Thank you very much!

By the bye do you know if the rules review persons are in process of reviewing?

Patrick

The "committee" meets every Monday (at our place) for the Area 2 and the SMM3G events. Rules review should be one of the first things on the agenda, besides getting applications together for staff and sponsored competitors. I will post a note here when / if rules are amended.

Thank you AZChic.

How would I get a rule change request to your Monday group?

Could you please forward the following?

Heavy Metal;

Remove the requirement of 1911 pattern single stack guns only.

Thank you

Patrick

The rules committee will review it.

Per the 2007 rules a SS in .40 is legal in Heavy Metal.

I bought a Kimber SS in .40 $1000. I had a trigger job, under cut the frame and had the Bomars modified $200. I bought five magazines and got some mag holders $100. I bought an SVI magwell for $140. I installed an FO front sight $40.

I spent close to $1500 specifically to shoot SMM3G style Heavy Metal. Please don't make my purchase illegal this year! :surprise:

Per the 2007 rules a SS in .40 is legal in Heavy Metal.

I bought a Kimber SS in .40 $1000. I had a trigger job, under cut the frame and had the Bomars modified $200. I bought five magazines and got some mag holders $100. I bought an SVI magwell for $140. I installed an FO front sight $40.

I spent close to $1500 specifically to shoot SMM3G style Heavy Metal. Please don't make my purchase illegal this year! :surprise:

The rules haven't changed since 12/2006. Didn't you read the rules? This was in place for SMM3G 2007 and before you made your purchase.

If anyone has rules suggestions or comments - send them to the match directors via the SMM3G contact page.

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

The rules haven't changed since 12/2006. Didn't you read the rules? This was in place for SMM3G 2007 and before you made your purchase.

I have read the rules. I made my purchase based on the 2007 rules. What I am concerned about is the stability of the rules.

The 2006 match allowed other guns and .44+. My P14 was legal (for years).

And as you say the rules changed in 12/2006. My P14 was now illegal as the 2007 match only allowed SS 1911 guns that were .40+.

I then made my purchase based on the 2007 rules as I didn't have any pistols that complied.

With the upcomming 2008 rules... will my new gun now be made illegal?

According to the 2007 rules my pistol is legal. But my concern is that the board will again change the rules for 2008. As they did in 2006.

And if they listen to posts above... the 2008 rules for HM may change again. And along with it, a gun that was legal in 2007 may become illegal in 2008.

Stability or rather nix any changes that makes my purchase illegal in HM. That's my request.

I have read the rules. I made my purchase based on the 2007 rules. What I am concerned about is the stability of the rules.

And as you say the rules changed in 12/2006. My P14 was now illegal as the 2007 match only allowed SS 1911 guns that were .40+.

I then made my purchase based on the 2007 rules as I didn't have any pistols that complied.

According to the 2007 rules my pistol is legal. But my concern is that the board will again change the rules for 2008. As they did in 2006.

And if they listen to posts above... the 2008 rules for HM may change again. And along with it, a gun that was legal in 2007 may become illegal in 2008.

Stability or rather nix any changes that makes my purchase illegal in HM. That's my request.

Two things mister.

#1 You have bet a lot on winning the lottery.

#2 Only one post above requests a caliber change.

Patrick

Two things mister.

#1 You have bet a lot on winning the lottery.

#2 Only one post above requests a caliber change.

Patrick

It may be a lottery, but from past experience and from a sampling of the talk from other shooters, if you are patient you are likely to get in. If the odds of getting in to match are the same as the state lottery I'd be a bazillionaire.

(I'm assuming by "lottery" your mean getting in... or by "lottery" do you mean the rules? :lol: )

Isn't it a reasonable expectation that a gun that's legal one year is again legal next year? Especially since the previous year they made a bunch of guns illegal?

And #2... it only takes one to get the ball rolling. Where it ends up... who knows.

Edited by Religious Shooter

I think you would have been better off with a .45 SS, Considering that ONLY SMMG has allowed .40 as a legal HM handgun. You made a decision to spend 1500.00 because a single match allowed .40, thats a leap of faith........But thats my opinion!!

Also I'd like to see capacity moved to 10 rounds per mag, provided they allow other guns beside just SS.

Trapr

• 3 weeks later...

Why all the hurry and preparation....you only need a week or two to get gear ready for a match :P

"With the upcomming 2008 rules... will my new gun now be made illegal?"

No - your .40 will still be legal for HM.

BTW, I checked my stats for the past year... only two people chose to use a .40 in HM (2007).

Oh, those must be the two that wear pink frilly underwear!

Patrick

Edited by P.E. Kelley