Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Days

carinab

So Sunday must have been such a good day that it threw the universe out of balance. And, to make up for it, today pretty much sucked. Between a dying hard drive, a malfunctioning disk drive that won't let me make a repair disk, a power outage (in the middle of fixing the computer issues), a teacher resignation for the Swedish school (which means I'm scrambling to make a lesson plan and teach as a substitute through out the rest of the semester if we don't find someone new), a call from the IRS regarding additional non profit paperwork of the same Swedish school (of which I'm the treasurer), and the impromptu school conference with my daughter's first grade teacher about her lack of thoroughness on class work, my day was less than fun.

So, is it Zen to vent, get pissed off for a few good minutes and then be able to let it go??!?!??!?? <_<

Tomorrow needs to get here quickly! It's going to be better!

Venting is good... let the rage out then run on a treadmill, punch a punching bag, kick the cat etc.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. God, won't give you anything that you cannot handle. The sun will still come up in the morning. This is not an obstacle, it's just a speed bump. You are a gun-toting, warrior-princess and you will triumph over anything.

So there... :closedeyes:

Sorry for the bad day. I've been there too many times lately too.

Fact is you had a beautiful day the day before though. Celebrate that.

I had a boss that once said that he gave all those good days to the company. Every good day was free. The hard days were the ones he got paid for. Lately, I've been earning my keep, sounds like you have too.

That said, we're all blessed. In some way or another, the blessings are there. Find those wins (like yesterday) and hold them close. My only discovery in life is that it gets harder, not easier, as time goes on. The wins come harder, so when you get them celebrate them. Small ones or big ones, it doesn't matter. Every good day is a day better lived, and that counts for everything.

Forget today. Remember yesterday. Dream for tomorrow.

J

The Zen story which comes to mind is about the fellow who was chased over a cliff by a tiger. He was hanging on, just inches from the deadly claws, to a wild strawberry bush growing from the side of the cliff. A fatal fall lay beneath him. With certain death above and below he tasted one of the wild strawberries. It was delicious!!!

The Zen story which comes to mind is about the fellow who was chased over a cliff by a tiger. He was hanging on, just inches from the deadly claws, to a wild strawberry bush growing from the side of the cliff. A fatal fall lay beneath him. With certain death above and below he tasted one of the wild strawberries. It was delicious!!!

Good one Dale

Carina,

I know you will probably be too busy to read this for a while, but know that folks that like and respect you are wishing you a better day, every day.

I don't do much Zen, but I do know that mixed in among all those thorns are roses that are worth picking.

dj