Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SNL (Sometimes Not Legal)

JThompson

It would be nice to have something to protect the bottom of the pad... I spose cause it makes sence and in no way could be seen as something that would increase cap, it will be ruled illegal. :P

Things make sense...depending on how you look at them. :)

There isn't a capacity limit in Limited and Open. There is a length limit. From that perspective, the fact that the bumper doesn't add capacity starts to make sense, I think...

Regardless of how good you are at reloading. If you shoot the same stage twice, one with a reload and one without, everything else being equal, you will be about .50 faster when you didn't load.

Exactly- that is the point I was trying to make also. ;)

I bought three of the SNLs.

I had several mags prior with dawson +1's that i could load to twenty max in the mag but couldn't get the mag to seat in the gun.

With these pads i now have 3 mags that are easily reloadable with 20 in them. I can, if i want, have 21 in the mag on a start and with one in the pipe if i care.

All three fit the gauge.

As far as the durability, I've used them for 5 local matches, dropped on rocks, sand, and hard packed clay. No problems so far.

I bought three of the SNLs.

I had several mags prior with dawson +1's that i could load to twenty max in the mag but couldn't get the mag to seat in the gun.

With these pads i now have 3 mags that are easily reloadable with 20 in them. I can, if i want, have 21 in the mag on a start and with one in the pipe if i care.

All three fit the gauge.

As far as the durability, I've used them for 5 local matches, dropped on rocks, sand, and hard packed clay. No problems so far.

I think it might have dropped it out with a good deal of rounds in it when it hit I got a pretty good sized dent.

16.jpg

Edited by JThompson

• 4 weeks later...

I just got one of the snl base pads. I don't have a guage. How do you measure the mags, from what point to what point? With my calipers I came up with well over the 141.5mm when I measured the full length of the mag. I then measured my other mags with the old dp +1s and they are all long. I figure I must not be measuring correctly.

On my Limited mags ithe SNL's made reloading 20 possible without using a sledge hammer, however none of them with Grams springs/followers will hold 21. The good news is they all fit the gauge. Been using them since September and have no durability issues.