Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cancer !

hopalong

Pancreatic cancer, ouch. Not the bet one to get(as if it ever could be good). Lost a friend to that middle last year. My dad (now 77) kicked Prostate cancer in his mid 60's and has been "clean" ever since. Wife had a mastectomy and two further ops after being diagnosed with Breast cancer. She just had her last checkup, "clean for the last 3 years". Man it is tough. I feel for you and your friend and his family. To say me and my family will pray for him is moot, of course we will. We cannot feel what your friend and his family is going through.

• 3 months later...

Well, I got the news today that all efforts of treatment are halted and Michael will be at home under Hospice/home nurse care. :(:(:(

I've been back to TX to see him twice since he's been diagnosed with it. Looks like one more really soon to make sure I get to see him again before he loses the fight. :angry2:

Please pray for his wife, and 3 daughters.

Hop

Detroit has a hospital that is dedicated to cancer patients. I'm sure other large cities have them too. I can say from first hand experience with my wife that the moment someone mentions the word cancer, you should head there. They deal with nothing but cancer, and have the most knowledge and latest treatments. Tell your friend to go there for his second opinion. It may be a drive, depending on where he lives, but we are talking life an death.

Wish him good luck from me, and never underestimate the power of faith.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the news this morning that Micheal passed away last night. :(

He is in a better place, with Jesus and no pain. :)

Pray for his wife Dawn, and 3 daughters. Michaela, Sarah, and Elizabeth 14,11,and 7 respectively.

Also, Pray for his Mother and Father as no parent should outlive their children. :angry:

Micheal, I'll see you again one of these days. Until then I'll keep you in my memories!

Sam

I'm truly sorry for your loss Sam. God gave us memories so that in the harsh, barren winter we can remember the beauty of spring when life bursts forth in renewal. Prayers sent for his kin. :closedeyes:

Sorry for your loss, cancer sucks in so many ways.

Someone mentioned that docs will eventually cure it, I think they will, but who knows how long it will take? Last week at my local club we put on Shoot For a Cure to raise money for breast cancer research. It was such a great day for so many reasons. We have 92 shooters and about 80 of them were new to any kind of shooting sport and more than half were women. We kept the stages simple and ran it like a hybrid USPSA/IDPA match. It was laid back as we wanted them to have fun and enjoy it yet get a taste for the sport. It was fulfilling for me because we raised $4100 for breast cancer, introduced practical pistol to a lot of people, snfd it was all done doing something I really love. Our $4100 might not be much, but we are making it an annual event and hopefully we can be part of the cure.