Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bad 9mm brass!

shooterbenedetto

I have been getting all different kinds of jamms on muy open gun.

can someone tell me what kind of brass they shoo for practice and matches.

in order of preference

(FOR MATCHES)

WIN

I have a lot of these:

(FOR PRACTICE)

SPEER

CCI

FIOCCI

RP

PMC

S&B??

CBC?? i HAVE ALOT OF THESE!!WHAT IS THIS? ANY GOOD

*I* ?? WHAT IS THIS? ANY GOOD

AGUILA??JUNK!! IT BULDGED ON MY BARREL AND HARD TO GET IT OUT!!

CBC

Magtech Ammunition Co., Inc.

6845 20th Avenue South Suite 120

Centerville, MN 55038

Toll Free: 1-800-466-7191

Tel: 651-762-8500

Fax: 651-429-9485

Magtech Website

Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos

Av. Humberto de Campos 3220

09400 000 Ribeiaro Pires SP

Tel: +55 11 4822 8200

Fax: +55 11 4822 8323

CBC Website

From Website:

CBC Profile

CBC - Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos is the largest military and commercial ammunition manufacturer in Latin America, and has over 60 years of small caliber military ammunition expertise. The high quality of CBC’s products is commercially recognized internationally under the brand name MAGTECH.

CBC Overview

CBC was founded in 1926 and from 1936 up to 1979, Remington Arms and ICI were the main shareholders. Today it is a totally privately owned Brazilian company and the principal share holder is the ARBI investment group.

CBC employs 1,200 people and produces more than 415 million rounds of ammunition each year. CBC’s manufacturing operations are ISO 9001 certified.

CBC’s main industrial complex is located in the city of Ribeirao Pires in the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil, in a vast green area of 500 acres with 377.000 square feet of built area. This key facility contains its ammunition, propellant powder and primer composition manufacturing operations, as well as its central offices. A second industrial complex, located in the south of Brazil is dedicated to the production of firearms and shot-shells.

All the ammunition lots produced at CBC are evaluated in the ballistic laboratory. Tests are monitored by very precise computers, which check for the ammunition performance, including velocity, pressure, accuracy and impact. All of these facilities are also available for the improvement and development of ammunition for all our customers. All ammunition is tested, from .22RF up to the 20 mm and 30 mm, used in military ships and aircrafts. All the information generated during the testing is automatically entered in the computer databases. Test facilities include six tunnels for ballistic tests, which range from 55 to 492 yards in length.

CBC offers a wide range of products for commercial and military use, including centerfire and rimfire ammunition of small and medium calibers, industrial cartridges, ammunition components, propellant powder, shotguns and rifles. CBC produces cartridges for both the civilian and military markets with calibers ranging from .22LR to 30 mm. As the arsenal for the Brazilian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force), besides supplying to several military forces worldwide, military ammunition has a daily average production of 1.000.000 rounds of 7.62 mm, 5.56 mm, .50 (12.7 x 99 mm), and other medium calibers and special rounds for training.

The maior volume production is the manufacturing of handgun ammunition for all calibers. The most popular cartridges produced today are calibers .380 AUTO, 40 S&W, 9 mm, 375MAG, 45AUTO, 44MAGNUM and .38. CBC also produces a wide range of rifle cartridges and shotshells. All commercial cartridges made by CBC are sold worldwide under the trade name “MAGTECH” and exported to more than 50 countries over two distribution centers, one in Minneapolis,MN, in the USA and the other in Hamburg, Germany. This ammunition is widely adopted by the Police in more than 20 countries and also by the Armed Forces worldwide.

About 80 percent of CBC’s firearms are exported and the export rate of the ammunition is approximately 70 percent of our total production. Products meet international regulations and are qualified by the Brazilian Armed Forces and the main proof houses in Europe.

The high quality of CBC’s products, recognized internationally, and the fact that it is currently exporting to over 50 countries, assures CBC a prominent position amongst the foremost manufacturers of ammunition and firearms in the world.

S&B

Sellier & Bellot JSC

Address: Lidická 667, 258 13 Vlašim, Czech Republic

Phone: + 420 317 891 111

Fax: + 420 317 892 489

E-mail: info@sellier-bellot.cz

Sellier & Bellot Website

Sellier & Bellot, U.S.A.

P.O. Box 7307

Shawnee Mission, KS 66207

Phone: (800) 960-2422

Fax: (229) 723-8748

Sellier & Bellot USA Website

From Website:

Dates of Significant Events

5th August 1825

Louis Sellier, a French merchant, received the privilege to manufacture percussion caps for infantry firearms in its newly founded factory in Prague from Franz I., the Emperor of Austria. Shortly afterwards he invited his countryman, Jean Maria Nicolaus Bellot, to join the company. Under his leadership the manufacture quickly gained momentum and Sellier & Bellot products soon established themselves on both European and overseas markets. As early as 1830 the manufacture of percussion caps was in excess of 60 million and peaked later in 1837 by enormous quantity 156 millions caps.

A subsidiary plant in Prussian Schőnebeck was founded.

Sellier & Bellot was appointed the Emperor‘s official supplier.

Cartridge production started. Together with Flobert‘s rimfire and Lefaucheux‘s pin-primer cartridges, first centrefire cartridges appeared in the production program. During few years, the annual output grew up to 10 millions cartridges.

Another subsidiary plant was established in Riga (Latvia) and this soon covered demands for percussion caps in the whole Russia and Scandinavian countries.

The first trade mark Sellier & Bellot has been listed in Prague.

Hunting cartridge cases, quickly followed by hunting cartridges, were brought into the production program. This program was also extended by copper primers for blasting works and ammunition manufacture in Skoda Pilsen.

1914 - 1918

During the years of World War I the production of commercial ammunition was curbed and total capacity used to manufacture rifle and handgun cartridges for the Army. The Steyr 9 mm cartridge was developed and introduced to serial production during this period. After the independent state of Czechoslovakia was founded in October 1918, the Company became the dominant supplier of handgun ammunition for the Czechoslovak army and police. The production of commercial ammunition for competition shooting and hunting purposes was further extended. The Company expanded into the Asian and South American markets where Sellier & Bellot‘s infantry cartridges met with a great success.

Based on the invention of its managing director Mr. Blechta, the Company became the only manufacturer of silver azide in the world. Owing to this, the production of industrial detonators increased significantly.

The Company´s transfer from Prague to Vlašim led to further growth.

Nationalization of the Company and the decision of the Czechoslovak Government to introduce state monopoly for the manufacture of both military and commercial ammunition supplied a key incentive for further development of Sellier & Bellot. The range of commercial ammunition was extended to forty rifle calibre types, ten pistol and twenty revolver types. Shot shells manufacture ranged from 12 to 410 calibre types and total output was soon increased five times. Approximately 70 % of the output was exported. Original 7.62×45, 7.62×39 and 7.62×54R cartridges were successfully introduced into production to cover the demands of the Czechoslovak Army.

Company started to produce antifriction bearings.

Production of packaging machines, now concentrated in the subsidiary company Sellier & Bellot, stroje Ltd. began.

Manufacture of cartridges according to valid C.I.P. regulations was begun.

Transformation of the state-owned company to a joint-stock company - Sellier & Bellot JSC. The company‘s shareholders are Czech natural and legal persons; a part of the equity is hold by Company´s employees.

Almost 70% of production volume is exported through the daughter company - Sellier & Bellot Trade JSC. The company´s products are exported to more than seventy countries in the world.

Sellier & Bellot JSC was granted ISO 9001 Certificate.

Sellier & Bellot has got the bronze medal in Deutsches Waffen Journal readers´ vote for year 1999 in the category of Ammunition.

Sellier & Bellot JSC celebrating its 180th anniversary this year is not only the oldest engineering company in the Czech Republic but also one among the oldest companies in the world. It has been manufacturing products bearing its trade mark uninterruptedly since 1825.

I use Win for big matches, for everything else I use a mix of Federal, Win, Speer, CBC, and try to pull everything else out. RP is thick, and my gun doesn't like it. CBC if fine for me.

If your gun isn't running well sort and use only single headstamp brass in great condition, eliminate that variable.

HP for Hirtenberger Patronen in Austria: Feeds great on my 9x19 open but the primer pockets are inconsistent when new and unfired. They need to be reamed as some are extremely tight with Win Small Pistol primers. Some are quite loose and should be discarded.

Having trouble with S&B brass for 40s&w. I'm loading about everything I can get my hands on but have had trouble with S&B thats been fired in an unsupported Glock chamber. You can see visible bulge in the bottom of case in or just above the web area. Some will size and runthrough dillon case gauge but many won'tcome close. I'm shooting fully supported chamber but my son shoots Glock and has found info. on possible case failures on non-fully supported chambers shooting reloads causing possible catastrophic failures, i.e., blowing mags up. no problems with any other headstamps.

Anyone else had problems with S&B???

B.scrib_nm

In all my years of reloading the only truly dangerous junk I have encountered are cases stamped "L Y" and "A-Merc." Anything bearing these headstamps should be thrown out on sight. I have seen the L Y only in 9mm but A-Merc is common in most popular cartridges.

Dave Sinko