Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking forward to the next carbine side match

Sgtsvi

• 3 weeks later...
that is amazing. I did not know those were still around

Actually, they are NOT still around (the US anyway). The gun you see above is an American-made copy; the real gun is still banned.

By stroke of a regulatory pen, the import of the Austrian-made Steyr AUG was forever banned around 1989. Later, (also by regulation) they banned import of Aug barrels and Aug recievers into the USA from Austria.

Only solution? Make the whole gun in the USA.

The really insidious thing is that our government does not need to pass laws to ban all sorts of things. They can simply pass regulations (with no input from congress) that can usually accomplish the same objective. This is one reason the Parker case out of D.C. is so important. They began considering whether to take it as of yesterday; expect an answer on cert as of the 13th, November 2007.

Nice STG556 you got there. My friend just got 2 of them in, one went to a mutual friend and he kept the other (both black). I took it to my range last night and put a few mags (10 round) through it. Good shooter, great balance.

You got a neat gun there partner.

I ran 100 rounds through the rifle without a single malfunction. Anyone that is sitting on the fence with this rifle should buy one with confidence. I laid mine next to a MP-5 at work and it is the same length. It is a really well balanced compact rifle that is easy to get in and out of a car with.

• 11 months later...

Nice gun! I have an original Steyr AUG A1. Real nice rifle with perfect balance and very fun to shoot. Actually, contrary to popular belief, it has very good accuracy also, as long as you master the pretty hard trigger.

How is the trigger in the STG556? Does it accept original Steyr trigger pack?