Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone read Lone Survivor yet?

Jay6

I just finished this book in two days and I have to say it is the best story I have ever read in my entire life. :surprise: If there i snot a movie in the works someone has seriously dropped the ball.

I just finished this book in two days and I have to say it is the best story I have ever read in my entire life. :surprise: If there i snot a movie in the works someone has seriously dropped the ball.

Very Good read and a very sad story. But what a DAMN soldier!

Very Good read and a very sad story. But what a DAMN soldier!

I could not beleive I had not heard about it before a few months ago. I wonder why the liberal media has not been pumping this story to the masses? :yawn:

My copy is currently making the rounds with a few friends. To a person we have all finished it within a couple of days.

On the idea of a movie....no way. Personally I would never want this story perverted by the idiots in Hollywood

Two other very good books which just happen to have a lot of the same guys in them are by Dick Couch.

The Warrior Elite: The Forging of SEAL Class 228

and

The Finishing School: Earning the Navy SEAL Trident.

These books are based on first hand knowledge by another Navy Seal.

Who would know at the time of the writing of these books the future these young warriors would hold.

May god be with them everyday!

Laura Ingraham had him on her show this summer; great true story.

A real American Hero.

Who would you trust to make this a movie?

(Remember what happened to one of the guys in the movie Black Hawk Down.) FM

Somebody fill me in on that one??

As to optioning...

anyone think of this twist: Optioning it means they have the "rights" to make the movie, but no obligation to. Could be like GM buying up the patent on a new 100mpg motor and never bringing it to market. Oh sure they'll say the star won't sign, or the location isn't available, but they could just shelve it. <_<

A real American Hero.

As to optioning...

anyone think of this twist: Optioning it means they have the "rights" to make the movie, but no obligation to. Could be like GM buying up the patent on a new 100mpg motor and never bringing it to market. Oh sure they'll say the star won't sign, or the location isn't available, but they could just shelve it. <_<

Yeah, what happened to one of the guys in Black Hawk Down?

I think that would be a horrible shame if they shelved this story. I was thinking the whole time I was reading the book what a great movie it would make. I do not even think they would have to "hollywood" it up.

As to optioning...

It's entirely possible they'll jsut sit on the option forever. I don't give it good odds of getting good treatment (or any treatment) from Universal unless the writers strike is aborted somehow. If they rush it it will not be good. If they wait out the strike to even get started with a draft of the script, then it is probably a 2011 or later movie. Which might kill some of it's relevance as far as box office goes.

You guys might be interested to know that Murph is something of a hero over at CrossFit, too - they have a workout of his devising that's named after him - 1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1 mile run for time (to be done w/ body armor or 20# vest, if you have one...). If you can't tell - that's frickin' brutal, even without the vest.

Here's a Glenn Beck interview w/ Lutrell you might find interesting...

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/06212007a.shtml

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/06222007a.shtml

• 2 months later...

A real American Hero.

As to optioning...

Yeah, what happened to one of the guys in Black Hawk Down?

I think that would be a horrible shame if they shelved this story. I was thinking the whole time I was reading the book what a great movie it would make. I do not even think they would have to "hollywood" it up.

IIRC, one of the guys in real life was later convicted of child abuse or something so they changed his name in the movie (Ewan McGregor's character?)

• 2 months later...

I got to read this book last week. Glad you brought it to my attention, not only for the heroism shown by our guys, but also to bring out the "protect your guest" concept of the local village that helped. I had heard about it vaguely, but had no idea it meant what it meant.

The things our military does to protect our freedom astound me. I only wish our newspapers, tv, hollyweird, etc gave them have the credit they deserve.