Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fall 2007

EricW

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series started out as a really stupid picture of a rusty bird bath. That sucked so bad that it turned into a picture of two birch leaves in a bird bath. Equally boring and stupid.

The camera actually found something interesting: an image of the birch tree that dropped the leaves into the rusty birdbath...

The first couple of times I looked at this thread I did not see your picture Eric. It finally loaded. Nice capture! (he said belatedly).

It has decided to be Fall here now after last nights storms:

post-2337-1192819328.jpg

I drive past this abandoned farmhouse every day. I had a heck of a time getting this. It was past sunset, blowing like a banshee, and all I had was a monopod. This was the only remotely clear image out of the 20 or so I took. ISO 800 at 1/10 of a sec @ f3.2....eeek...

FarmhouseAtSunset_10-18-2007.jpg

Edited by EricW

Thanks. :bow:

This is a tree I 'work' with from year to year... it's in front of a lady's apartment who tends to put seasonal decor on her porch. This season she put pots of autumn-colored mums and the two pumpkins... which fell into place very nicely. Again, the poor tree has a blight or something this year (which it's never had before) so I may not photograph it as much--plus it's been awfully windy, and leaves/florals are hard to shoot closeup in 20mph winds. :D

Here's a few shots from a metopark here in MI. Fall colors are still a week or so off. It's the first time I have picked up a slr in about 25 years, back than it was just film. Just learning this diigital stuff.

post-4616-1193104566.jpg

post-4616-1193105521.jpg

Edited by John Baier

Here's a picture from where I was hunting yesterday near Grand Coulee Dam. The conditions were really tough yesterday. The air was extremely hazy. I'm guessing from the CA fires because we don't have any major fires here (that I know of).

SageOnSteamboat102707.jpg

The haze did make for a very nice sunset on the way home:

HighTensionSunset_102707.jpg

Taken on the way hunting this morning:

ChurchSteepleDavenport_110107_sm.JPG

Steamboat Rock, which is a 800' tall basalt plateau just below Grand Coulee Dam. This really isn't the picture I wanted, but it was what I had time for after we got back to the truck tonight.

SteamboatRock_110107sm.JPG

And from the Department of Weirdness Department, I walked through an abandoned motel. It was really quite eerie as it looked like everything stopped suddenly about 10 years ago. There were lots of signs of remodeling. All the doors were open. Tubs of spackle just sitting on the floor. I'll post the picture of the beer on the bathroom sink tomorrow. I was looking in the window of one of the bungalows and realized that I could actually see three sets of windows. One in front, one reflected, and one on the other side. I thought it was a cool effect. Not sure if it's good art...

Window_110107_bw_sm.JPG

Edited by EricW