Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Anderson

rkgsmith

Had a friend take a course by a company called Archangel. One of the instructors said he was (according to my friend) a international USPSA champion shooter. This gentleman was about 55+ years old and supposed to be from the Colorado area. His name is John Anderson, but he goes by Andy. Told my friend his name didn't ring a bell. Anybody know of him? thanks

There's a John Anderson from Colorado in the USPSA classification data... he's classified B in Open, unclassified in everything else.

If that's him... doesn't sound like "international USPSA champion" fits on the resume.

$.02

Bruce

International...?!?!?

USPSA...?!?!?

Perhaps some of the story ws lost in translation ?

Instructors include: U.S. Army Special Forces Sergeant Major (ret.) and World Combat Pistol Champion, John A. Anderson

I think that "World Combat" pistol was a term used back at the start of the game?

Intersting stuff about Archangel on www.guidestar.org. The only detail about John Anderson is that he is an unpaid director of this 501©(3) org that previously did business under the name "Foreign Threat Assessment Center".

Not sure what a "World Combat Pistol Champion" is since there is no reference to the specific world championship(s) he won.

I saw the stuff about Archangel and looked for some bios, but the site is sub par at best. I was thrown by the "World Pistol Champion" line and can't find anything to back that up. His claim is SOF Viet Nam era, but I'm still searching for the champion stuff.

This is an interesting case in credibility - no matter how strong your credibility in a field is, if you make up one thing such as "World Champion Combat Shooter", all your other claims have to shine through a fog of suspicion as you have undermined your ability to be taken at your word.

Hummm ya think he could fit the word "Special" in his websight a few more times ? I think I saw some unused space along the sides. Doesnt he know the armchair commando word for today is Tactical,,, course I think that is being replaced by Operator,, or how about Special Tactical Operator ?

To give him a slight benefit of doubt, maybe he at one time won his division or classification at some "world combat championship" :)

We had a "combat instructor" who did his justification that way, looks good to the uninitiated.

To give him a slight benefit of doubt, maybe he at one time won his division or classification at some "world combat championship" :)

We had a "combat instructor" who did his justification that way, looks good to the uninitiated.

Haven't seen his website or heard any claims about wins, but I have met Andy in person. He installed some trijicon night sights for me while I waited. SUPER NICE GUY!! Never claimed anything to me, not a braggart type of person at all. He did have lots of good stories to tell me while his was working on my gun, none of which were about competition or training. He did say he did military training, but did not brag in any way about anything...very low key. Also very reasonable prices.