Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

150 round mags

J-Ho

Has anyone seen the 150 round mags made by Armatac? I saw a blurb on them in Small Arms Review. They are aparently set to have a production run later this year. If anyone has heard more or actually seen these let me know.

Thanks

If I ever had ride a vehicle through indian country and was lacking a light machine gun, I would have one...actually scratch that...I would have as many as I could requisition. You would too. Screw the barrel. My rich uncle will buy me a new one.

If you can hump it, go for it...

http://www.armatac.com/VIDEO/clmag.wmv

That thing looks way bigger than I would want to carry.

http://www.armatac.com/products.html

Wait just a second. Arn't you one of the guys who started the whole trooper class. Now you're wussin' out because of a mag? :devil:

I was just thinking about the Ironman. other than that I can't see much use, competition wise. I know when and if they ever make it to production, someone around here will snag one. Just torture test it and keep us updated.

The amount of wobble back and forth while shooting makes me wonder how long one of these would last.

I just watched the video. It did wobble quite a bit. Damn cheap plastic crap. Next thing you know some smartass will try and make a gun out of that stuff. ;)

Even IronMan.. you never shoot rifle anywhere near that many rounds..

Max for a rifle was about 60 this year.. maybe 75 as a strech with a lot of misses..

I don't think I ever used more than a pair of cinched 30's and 1 spare - I think on that drive around circus stage.. :)

Even IronMan.. you never shoot rifle anywhere near that many rounds..

Max for a rifle was about 60 this year.. maybe 75 as a strech with a lot of misses..

I don't think I ever used more than a pair of cinched 30's and 1 spare - I think on that drive around circus stage.. :)

You may have a good point. I still might stick with a beta for really big stages, I don't like cinched mags. I don't know why they just bug me. The 52 round Tripp mags are an option, but that damn thing looks like a pain if you had to go prone. Maybe two 42 rounders will get the job done.

Prone, 2 30's cinched is the perfect height for me. most times..

I'm thinking for those really low ports, a couple of cinched 20s might be the ticket..

I always figure one of my mags is going to die.. so I'm always carrying 30 rounds that I figure I'll never touch.. if I had one huge mag, I'd probably end up carrying 3 extra 30's anyways just ic case it gorped on the 4th round.

I still am working on getting my 40s running.. looks good for those 30+ round stages.. it ran 100% last weekend. One a 60 round course, the reload worked out really nicely at 32 rounds.

Wait just a second. Arn't you one of the guys who started the whole trooper class. Now you're wussin' out because of a mag? :devil:

If someone wants to carry that in trooper class, well equipment is completely unlimited and that won't change, but I'm not going to carry one myself. Drums are usually size inefficient for the number of rounds they hold compared to standard capacity magazines.

I just watched the video. It did wobble quite a bit. Damn cheap plastic crap. Next thing you know some smartass will try and make a gun out of that stuff. ;)

My concern is stress on the tower...which is exactly where I had 3 beta mags crack.