Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I say "bang bang" during walkthroughs

Kory

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a counter, and really hate it when a odd steel gets thrown in there and I have to go to odd numbers lol. I was at the OH state IDPA match and a buddy was going, bang, bang, bang, bang, zwweeeerrrt. I was like what the hell was that. He looked at me with a dumb face and said oh, "that is me running" lol.

• 2 weeks later...

After I account for all the targets my mental cadence "sounds" like the COF.

example: boom boom ding (activator ;) ) boom boom ding ding boom boom, etc. Used to just laugh at several GM's at Rio that ALWAYS do that, like they know what to do :rolleyes: . Ahh...it works.

Jim

pop-pop, pop...pop...pop-pop. That would be a paper, long shot at an 8" steel, paper string. :unsure:

Actually, I try to set the cadence for the stage on the walkthrough- so I can replay it when the buzzer goes off. It has saved my bacon a couple of times with hidden targets. "pop-pop...pop-pop"... wait, there should be another "pop-pop" before the "pop" on the steel, oh there it is "pop-pop"... "pop". Of course the brain fades (along with all those d*** standing reloads) may well be what is keeping me out of "A". :angry2:

I am sure that it is not good but I have always clacked my teeth! I walk through and go "clack, clack" at about the same tempo that I shoot. That might be a reason why I have had 4 root canals and crowns in the past few years.

• 3 months later...

I'm a "counter", too. And, I always make sure to have the trigger finger long (although nothing in hands, of course) while changing postitions :-P

(I watched myself last time doing this, I thought I could post it here. Seriously, as I am quite rookie, it's important for me doing so, probably sort of mental conditioning.)

I am a professional beat boxer so I will make a song out of each stage, it takes me usually three rehearsals and I can set the song to my exact shooting speed, when the buzzer goes off my song starts. I can video tape my practice beat and then shoot the stage and then overlay the song to the stage and it fits perfectly. OK thats all a lie I count when I walk though but I would beat box if I could.

Step One; Account for ALL the targets by walking the perimeter.

Step Two: Find them all from the FFZ

Step Three: Duff-Duff--Duff-Duff--Duff-Duff etc.

Step Four: Repeat as time allows

Step Five: Hear Buzzer, mind goes blank, plans fizzle, shoot'em as you see'em. Son of a ... a

Step Six: Well there is always next week

Jim

That really should be Duff-Duff--Duff-Duff--Ding! -- Duff-Duff -- Ding to account for the occasional piece of steel or two....

No, it's:

Ding! Duff-Duff-- Duff-Duff

You have to activate the swinger before you engage it.

If you are talking about a texas star I walk through like I shoot it, its Ding! Duff-Duff-Ding, Ding------Duff-Duff--@$%#@ Duff-Duff-Duff-Duff, Ding--------------Ding----------Duff, Duff,Ding.