Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The most frustrating words I've heard in a long time...

Nemo

2007 USPSA LPR Nationals. Stage 2: Stepping over hurdles. The stage where my revolver decided to self-disassemble after the sixth shot. In an effort to try to finish the stage I smacked that cylinder so hard that my hand is still a little bruised. I tried to unscrew the yoke screw with my fingernail to try to fix it. That didn't work either. Then the RO pronounced those two morale-killing words:

:angry:

ONE MINUTE

:(

I'ts been two weeks and I'm still having nightmares about it... :closedeyes:

2007 USPSA LPR Nationals. Stage 2: Stepping over hurdles. The stage where my revolver decided to self-disassemble after the sixth shot. In an effort to try to finish the stage I smacked that cylinder so hard that my hand is still a little bruised. I tried to unscrew the yoke screw with my fingernail to try to fix it. That didn't work either. Then the RO pronounced those two morale-killing words:

ONE MINUTE

Been there, done that - have video of me rolling around on the ground at a loooow port trying to get my gun un-jammed!

Nemo... I feel your pain. I fired 18 shots at a "phantom" target at RM3G I "knew" I saw hidden in the woods at about 300 yards..... Timed out for the first time ever as a shooter. I was shooting at a tree stump.

The important question is: Did you neutralize the stump?

But on the plus side, you got to finish the match which is more than I did at the Open Nationals when the RO yells

STOP

...and I look down to see a .38 calibre hole in the table and my match is over...

Don't dwell on the bad stuff... 2008 is going to be your year, well actually it's going to be my year, you can have 2009. :unsure:

not familiar with this rule. So I guess your saying there is a 1 minute rule for a stage? or the RO dictates this after a death jam, or major malfunction.

See 5.7.3. You have 2 minutes to clear a jam.

...and I look down to see a .38 calibre hole in the table and my match is over...

At the '07 Nats??? Oh my... That was your hole in the table on stage 7? Must've shot it after I did... I was walking my wife's cousin (who lives in Missoula) around the range after the match, and pointed that hole out to them, and noted that whoever did that probably had a shortened match.... Sorry, Paul :(

Nemo, man... things break, and always at the worst time :( Damn Murphy to heck, anyway. The positive side of it is, as Paul says, you were still in the match! ;)

ONE MINUTE

Been there, done that - have video of me rolling around on the ground at a loooow port trying to get my gun un-jammed!

This sounds strangely like the Open Nationals except I only said "are you finished".

First nationals jitters, adrenalin and Ms. Murphy all had something to do with my catastrophe in that stage. Later that night I tried to duplicate the malfunction and just couldn't. Oh, well...

The frustration wasn't so much because of the malfunction, I think... It was more about TIME. I just fired six shots and then started trying to fix the problem IN A HURRY! I guess when he called ONE MINUTE was when I realized that THAT WAS IT.

Then again, the gun got fixed and I finished my nationals. Like the Brit said, I really would've hated to hear that other much dreaded one: STOP!

Z'all good!

B)

Edited by Nemo

But on the plus side, you got to finish the match which is more than I did at the Open Nationals when the RO yells

STOP

An excellent perspective! I'll remember that if I ever hear "Alpha...mike...no-shoot".

That is...if I ever hear that again ;)

Nemo... I feel your pain. I fired 18 shots at a "phantom" target at RM3G I "knew" I saw hidden in the woods at about 300 yards..... Timed out for the first time ever as a shooter. I was shooting at a tree stump.

Merlin...are you whining?

<_< Nanci