Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lowly C

JThompson

Win all the guns and stuff while you can....

I haven't been to any matches where they were giving real good stuff away... I don't know if there are enough C open guys/girls to make the class pay. I think I might be the only C class open shooter on the planet. LOL

Oh, there are plenty of C class open gunners.

If you're shooting the classifiers the same as any other stage, your classification will ultimately match your ability. Local matches are notorious for making people believe they should be a higher class than what they really are. The upside of that is that there are plenty of Grandbaggers and you'll get to enjoy laughing at them on your way up.

If you're shooting the classifiers the same as any other stage, your classification will ultimately match your ability.

I disagree. Considering the way USPSA trims the data set, your classification should ultimately be at the high end or slightly higher than your on demand ability. BTW, I know what the terms sandbagger and grandbagger mean, but what's an EZ Bagger?

I wonder how those B and A guys are going to feel having an C shooter spank them?

I have an M card and I could care less if a C shooter beats me. The card means nothing, it's the performance that counts.

Edited by Ron Ankeny

If you're shooting the classifiers the same as any other stage, your classification will ultimately match your ability.

I disagree. Considering the way USPSA trims the data set, your classification should ultimately be at the high end or slightly higher than your on demand ability. BTW, I know what the terms sandbagger and grandbagger mean, but what's an EZ Bagger?

I wonder how those B and A guys are going to feel having an C shooter spank them?

I have an M card and I could care less if a C shooter beats me. The card means nothing, it's the performance that counts.

Ron, I was just being sarcastic... There was a thread about the classification system some time back and I feel this is just about what I was talking about back then. ;) Oh' and if I had an M card it would annoy the shit out of me if I was beat by a c. :) That's just the way I'm wired I guess.

Best

Edited by JThompson

BTW, I know what the terms sandbagger and grandbagger mean, but what's an EZ Bagger?

Google it...it's a tool for loading sandbags! :P

Hmmm...Learn something every day, I thought it was a device for bagging leaves... :blink:

Using a plastic bag to dispose of yard waste, litter or construction debris makes more sense with a simple device called the EZ Bagger. It's no more than a reusable 4-mil plastic sheet measuring 33 in. tall x 72 in. wide. Roll it up and pop it into a plastic trash bag.

When you let go of the EZ Bagger, it unwinds, holding the bag up in the process. The product's advantage is that it gives you trash can capacity without having to store a can, or haul one around the yard. Also, trash bags have been known to fall inside a garbage can. That can't happen with this product because it supports the bag from inside.

We haven't tried the EZ Bagger, but it looks like a sensible idea. It costs $13.90 postpaid from the manufacturer: EZ Bagger, 7180 Ambleside Dr., Boise, ID 83709; 888-226-7658.--Roy Berendsohn :D

OK, I'll confess. When I said I could care less about the card it's the performance...I was kind of trolling just to see what folks had to say. Truth is, if a C class shooter beat me, I would cuss like a sailor, get so pissed I couldn't see straight, and pout around for six months.

Thanks for the reply about the EZ Bagger. I thought it was a scoring program used for sandbaggers.

OK, I'll confess. When I said I could care less about the card it's the performance...I was kind of trolling just to see what folks had to say. Truth is, if a C class shooter beat me, I would cuss like a sailor, get so pissed I couldn't see straight, and pout around for six months.

Thanks for the reply about the EZ Bagger. I thought it was a scoring program used for sandbaggers.

When I read that I was having a glass of milk before bed... I about choked and spit milk on my keyboard. :P I don't think any Ms are in danger from me... at least not yet. :)

My initial revolver classification was c like 54% or something like that but in about 8 months I had raised it to b. Now I am B revolver, B limited, and C limited 10 all in a little over a year from my first USPSA match.

I beat master and a's and it feels damn good.

Well guys and girls... it looks like my initial classification will be a middle C. :angry2: At least I shouldn't have any problems winning my class. :blink: I wonder how those B and A guys are going to feel having an C shooter spank them? :rolleyes:

I am a B shooter in Limited and Lim10.

My intial classification in Open was about 50%

Within a month or two I added 5% with a few classifiers and a major match or 2.

It just takes a little time to get used to the open gun.

Once I have learned how to shoot it, I expect my percentage to quickly catch up to the other divisions.

There are C & D class shooters in open, but not nearly as many as in the other divisions.

Since Open is not a gateway division, this is to be expected.

Can't ever remember a newbie showing up to shoot a match with an open blaster.

Most migrate there after they have already learned what they're doing.

Shooting open in C class made me immedately competitive.

That was a nice change after laboring in the middle of the B class limited pack for a while now.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

Well guys and girls... it looks like my initial classification will be a middle C. :angry2: At least I shouldn't have any problems winning my class. :blink: I wonder how those B and A guys are going to feel having an C shooter spank them? :rolleyes:

I am a B shooter in Limited and Lim10.

My intial classification in Open was about 50%

Within a month or two I added 5% with a few classifiers and a major match or 2.

It just takes a little time to get used to the open gun.

Once I have learned how to shoot it, I expect my percentage to quickly catch up to the other divisions.

The are C & D class shooters in open, but not nearly as many as in the other divisions.

Since Open is not a gateway division, this is to be expected.

Can't ever remember a newbie showing up to shoot a match with an open blaster.

Most migrate there after they have already learned what they're doing.

Shooting in C made me immedately competitive.

That was a nice change after laboring in the middle of the B class limited pack for a while now.

Tony

I noticed that too Tony. It makes sense when you look at the cost of an open compared to production. It probably would have been smarter for me to buy a Glock and use that 3K for ammo and glasses. :o Don't get me wrong, I love the dot, but from a training stand point....

Look out the "spanking" could be reversed. :surprise: You go to a big match as C Open knowing your shooting high B on stages and wham--you end up fourth or fifth C . You go look at the two top C shooters (BTW they beat all the B shooters) on USPSA and find out they have only 6 classifiers in Open and 50 classifers in limited with five years of experience and they are almost A classed limited. The beauty of our classification system-NOT!

Look out the "spanking" could be reversed. :surprise: You go to a big match as C Open knowing your shooting high B on stages and wham--you end up fourth or fifth C . You go look at the two top C shooters (BTW they beat all the B shooters) on USPSA and find out they have only 6 classifiers in Open and 50 classifers in limited with five years of experience and they are almost A classed limited. The beauty of our classification system-NOT!

:surprise:

• 2 months later...