Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

74,000 seats gone?

j2fast

Big hockey fan, Pittsburgh Penguins specifically, then Pens are playing Buffalo in an outdoor game this year in Buffalo Jan 1. There are 74,000 seats for the game, now a bunch were reserve for Buffalo season ticket holders, suite owners, etc., etc. which is fine but I couldn't get 3 seats together at 10:02AM (by 10:10 I couldn't get singles). My actual "hate" here is for whoever decided NOT to limit ticket purchases. People could buy as many tics in one shot as they could get so of course that means the the scalpers and brokers will be making a killing on this game. That sucks, even if they would have limited it to 10 or 20 per transaction more folks would have been able to get tickets to the game at regular prices.

Wow, just looked at StubHub and upper deck nose bleed seats that cost in the $30 range are already posted for $200.....tickets just went on sale at 10AM est this morning. :angry2:

My brother-in-law was at the stadium this morning to buy tickets and after 6 hours in line they announced that all the tickets were gone. My wife was online at 10am to buy tickets when they went on sale and the website crashed after a half hour and by the time she got back on the tickets were sold out since they were letting you buy at 50 or more at a time. Also there are a few thousand seats that are not available to buy because of the amount of cameras and equipment needed to show the game on TV took up so much space. I guess I'll have to watch it on TV and the damn stadium is only 15 minutes away.

My brother-in-law was at the stadium this morning to buy tickets and after 6 hours in line they announced that all the tickets were gone. My wife was online at 10am to buy tickets when they went on sale and the website crashed after a half hour and by the time she got back on the tickets were sold out since they were letting you buy at 50 or more at a time. Also there are a few thousand seats that are not available to buy because of the amount of cameras and equipment needed to show the game on TV took up so much space. I guess I'll have to watch it on TV and the damn stadium is only 15 minutes away.

Based on what I've read on hockey boards and the Sabres Msg Board the vast majority of people who tried to buy in person in the Buff area experienced the same thing.

I guess I'll have to watch it on TV and the damn stadium is only 15 minutes away.

No Blackout??? :unsure:

Supposed to be broadcast nationally on NBC; I'll be the one leading the uprising if I can't at least watch the friggin game on TV (and in HD).

Ahhh, but the outraged fans will still go to the scalpers and pay $200 for those tickets. So it just continues the circle.

If the fans are truly outraged, don't go. A pile of empty seats might get the point across. If the scalpers paid out money for tickets they can't move, they won't buy as many next time.

I guess thats my hate, people feed the frenzy, and make the scalpers profit. Starve them out and theres no more problem.

Pat, you're absolutely right and people seem to be buying. There may be other factors but there are tickets that I know were for sale yesterday on Stub Hub and are gone now. At least for me it's not worth with, I can buy a lot of shooting stuff for $400. Hell, I can buy a nice custom gun for what some pairs of tickets are going for right now.

Ahhh, but the outraged fans will still go to the scalpers and pay $200 for those tickets. So it just continues the circle.

If the fans are truly outraged, don't go. A pile of empty seats might get the point across. If the scalpers paid out money for tickets they can't move, they won't buy as many next time.

I guess thats my hate, people feed the frenzy, and make the scalpers profit. Starve them out and theres no more problem.

+10000000 <_<